View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 124 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 4493
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    What is the point of this post. Its a phone! If you don't like it..get another.

I really don't see why people feel the need to post a "goodbye" note. Like anyone cares? Do you think Palm is going to read it and rush out an emergency patch so that Garyk19 doesn't switch handsets?

Look...I'm sorry to jump on you but its just silly. Find something you like and have some fun with it. It's just a phone for God's sake..If its not the palm, well..so be it. I hope they have a forum as creative and informative as this one is.

Please...to all the future "I'm leaving..." posters. Save your energy and just slip quietly away. Sorry the Pre or Pixi wasn't the device for you. We get it...you're switching phones...
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Time for a new wife? LOL.
    nice post
    Good luck with your new phone. You should be happy with your phone and if you're not, you should find something that suits your needs.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    On top of all this, we sent in our rebates for the phones which were denied by Palm for not "having the correct information." What a load of bunk. Obviously if you've read the latest articles things are not so rosy for Palm and it is doubtful they can last as an independent. Things must be bad to try and deny rebates that were promised to customers, nor do I have the time to keep getting on the phone with Customer service. If I re-send then they'll next say that I sent it in after the deadline.
    What rebate are you referring to? Most rebates don't come from Palm they come from your carrier, specifically separate rebate company hired by your carrier. If you have Sprint then check out their forums because it's filled with people who've been denied for the most ridiculous reasons.
    good day !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Really why does every single person who want to get rid of thier phone feel the need to annouce it to the world. We really dont care. Good luck with whatever other phone wont make you happy for some other full set of reasons that i am sure you will go thier forum and post as well. Do us all a favor and save us our time from reading these useless posts.
    Thanks
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Goodbye garyk19 (and wife)
    Who wears the pants?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Who wears the pants?
    Both, neither ...

Buh Bye
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    What rebate are you referring to? Most rebates don't come from Palm they come from your carrier, specifically separate rebate company hired by your carrier. If you have Sprint then check out their forums because it's filled with people who've been denied for the most ridiculous reasons.
    yeah, I have gotten 2 rebates from sprint on a pre and pixi, nothing came from palm.
    You'll be back...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Not likely. He still hasn't gotten his pants back, she's certainly not going to let him make a bad phone decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Not likely. He still hasn't gotten his pants back, she's certainly not going to let him make a bad phone decision.
    lol True!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I just finished rebuilding my first replacement Pre after my earpiece speaker died. Anyone have any info on why this problem seems so common, and if Palm did anything to address it?
    "Yes, yes, I know that, Sidney....everybody knows that!
    But look: four wrongs squared minus two wrongs to the fourth power, divided by this formula, do make a right."

-- "The Far Side", by Gary Larsen
    Youmail not downloading voice mails--- I've mentioned this to Arcticus several times and I know the settings are correct. In fact we still need to delete the latest version of Youmail to put on the patch as it does not automatically update to the new version. Have done this 4 times already.
    Just to clarify that was only a requirement for the beta. Since production the app will auto update. Now 1.4 did introduce some new issue (see today's front page).

Good luck I think you will find quirks on every platform. I mean the iPhone has an exchange calendar bug where if you don't pat your head and rub your tummy it will suck your battery down as it continuously tries to sync. I'm sure none of those users are frustrated.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    for the record, I LOVE THE PAID VERSION OF YOU MAIL!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk19 View Post
    Well, my wife has had it with Palm. She was a devotee with her Treo which she had for 4-5 years and finally decided to update her phone and went for the pre after seeing the webos software which she thought was terrific.

However, with the addition of webos 1.4 mant things have happened with the phone. I will preface this by saying that I removed, updated, and reinstalled everything so I know no issues there, but...

1. Phone will not synch with her BMW (I don't care if it's BMW?Palm?or both at fault)
    2. Missed calls are showing up as duplicates
    3. On change to daylight savings-- all calendar entries were "time adjusted"
    4. Youmail not downloading voice mails--- I've mentioned this to Arcticus several times and I know the settings are correct. In fact we still need to delete the latest version of Youmail to put on the patch as it does not automatically update to the new version. Have done this 4 times already.

Yes Yes, reset, web doctor etc...

On top of all this, we sent in our rebates for the phones which were denied by Palm for not "having the correct information." What a load of bunk. Obviously if you've read the latest articles things are not so rosy for Palm and it is doubtful they can last as an independent. Things must be bad to try and deny rebates that were promised to customers, nor do I have the time to keep getting on the phone with Customer service. If I re-send then they'll next say that I sent it in after the deadline.

While I love the webos concepts, this really was very damaging to Palm with all of these issues with the new release. Other companies can survive this kind of stuff, but with Palm on the brink, this is just careless and does not show any astute business acumen.

Goodbye to Palm, it's sad because they do have the best OS out there, but...thats not the whole story
    First of all, I'd change cars before I'd get rid of my Palm. I might even change wives... shhhh -grin-

But there are plenty of threads already on Pre Central started to say "goodbye" and complain. Why start another one? Hopefully your search for Pre solutions took more effort than it took to open up this thread without searching. -grin again-

Seriously, though, I'm sorry to see you go. I hope you will be back to our family some day. If your experience with MotoDroid is like mine was, you will be back quickly. I still have my old Centro and Treo phones, and I'd go back to them before I'd buy any of the other Smartphones out there. I like the iPhone, but I won't ever switch from Verizon. AT&T has burned me too many times over the years before I got Verizon.

So, visit us often, remember to do a thread search before posting, and let us know when you get another WebOS phone....

All of the things you described sound like they can be solved. i.e. the duplicate calls may be an indication that the contact is duplicated. I made an error in syncing with my desktop and that happened to me (user error on my part).

There are lots of people here that would be glad to help you.

Right, Jason???
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    It's not his pants that she has, it's the contents... lol