View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 122 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132172222 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4493
    WelCome to the forum friend!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    fifty ways to leave your lover...

this has got to be the strangest group of thread runners in the country. or not - truthfully, i've only hung out a one forum this long, and it's this one.

i swear, sometimes these threads take the turn of the "whisper" game i played as a kid. you know the one; it starts with one person whispering something to a neighbor, then he turns and repeats it to the person on the other side of him, and so on and so on (& scooby doobie doobie) - until it gets back to the originator completely convoluted.

except here, the players get to put words into little rectangles.

odd that the two adversaries cannot ever seem to communicate and solve their issues - there must always be armies involved... even if the two come to terms, there is always a squad that had hidden in the jungle (that did not know the war was over) that comes out to do battle after the war has ended...

i think if i posted a thread titled "Apple pie & the Pre" with just the words 'sifted flour' in the body - the final argument would end up being who's neighborhood sells the best donuts...

senseless sometimes? surely.
    entertaining? most of the time.

sorry to interrupt, my pre made me do it...

you may now continue with your regularly scheduled programming........
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Wait...you're saying I'm taking a "sad" opportunity to rant against "the users of this forum" when I responded to one guy, but when the OP does a generalized rant against the nameless "whining" hordes, you give him thanks and jump on his side?

Yeah, that does a lot for the integrity of what you're saying, Herb.

Anyway, I addressed him directly and, as far as I know, we're good. You...gave me a nice laugh. Have a good day, sir.
    You got it exactly. You immediately grouped him with all the "others" that have done whatever offended you, when he didn't fit your rant. He was very specific with what he was saying, and you ignored it completely and used it as another opportunity to once again weigh in against someone.

His post wasn't "generalized", it was very specific. You ignored the specificity, and went on another triade.
    Hi floks,
    Well I finding these comments very interesting and usefull. Question there is a way to reach Palm with our comments and sugestions?. I have some of my own. I am a old palm user, i started using palm since hadsprint. There are some basic applications that you expect to work as you use to it, like the calculator and the world clock. You get instead a plain vanilla $.2 cents calculator and a digital clock?. Do not get me wrong the device is great, but is we help pam and plam listen to us will wonderfull device.
    I recently got a nice set of sony in ear stereo bluetooth earbuds. I've noticed while playing music, there is some serious lag. I paired the earbuds with my buddy's iphone 3Gs and it was snappy as ever. Is this a hardware issue, or is this something a firmware update resolve? B/c the bluetooth experience on the pre is just depressing.
    I have a launch day pre & my power button broke - i'm gonna take it to sprint today & i'm assuming they will have to replace it??? do i need to remove patches, preware, or homebrew apps? i already removed my theme in anticipation for the update.
    sorry to interrupt, my pre made me do it...
    I didn't see that on the list of features for the Pre...is that a bonus feature?
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09
    It is Palms "Open Source" intent that made this possible. I would also like to take the time to “Thank” everyone, involved with the development and support for WebOS. You’re dedication is what keeps this project alive and it shows. Keep up the Great R&D!

notimeoff
    + The Search Function is your Best Friend!
    + Reading the Entire Phone Manual can be Very Enlightening!
    + Want to thank someone here for helping you? Throw them a "Thanks"!
    I left AT&T w/an iPhone 3G to get back on Verizon's service...I decided to give Palm a whirl - so my better half and I bought a Pre/Pixi respectfully. The Pixi was a letdown for her from day one - so she returned it on day two. Got a pre...like me.

After 2 weeks of TRYING to love this phone as we did our iPhones, we gave up. Now, easy *******, but you've got to understand the keyboard didn't work at all - it was a nightmare just to type "I'll see you at 5" - it would come out "I'llll seee yoou att 5%" - but only after 20 seconds of lag. The apps are worthless, touch screen is garbage, and the plastic chassis of the device felt like something I'd get from a KIRF device on the street in Times Square.

After dumping hundreds into this "upgrade" (with touchstones, cases that never fit, etc...) we went back to Verizon and they gladly exchanged our phones for Droids. Not only did they exchange them, but they didn't charge us anymore for them even though they are $50 more per phone - the manager we dealt with claimed this was his 5th pre return of the week, and they do not plan on recommending them to anyone who doesn't ask about it first. Good luck with project jump start.

Now, you are going to say that I am whining, & should have just exchanged the phones...well, we thought about it. Then we thought about how much our lives slowed down since leaving the iPhone. It is undeniable that the pre is exponentially slower (in EVERY aspect) and worlds worse on battery drain. For the love of God if I had to dial 911 on my pre, it would have taken an extra 10 seconds to load the ****ing dialer app that I may not have survived. Seriously...it is this concerning.

Keep in mind that we used stock pres, no preware, hacks, themes, etc...

No one in their right mind would exchange a phone 3, 4, 5, or more times in order to get "a good one" like some people claim to do on this board. When you pay hundreds for a piece of technology, it should work right the first time...otherwise there is a concerning lack of product testing before market saturation. That's just simple business.

I give each and everyone of the loyal here the credit they deserve for staying true to their favorite company and participating in this webOS "project", but as a member of a functional society and living in a business world that is ever changing - Palm's current devices simply cannot keep up. In fact, if I hadn't exchanged my pre, I'd still be waiting for the calendar to open.

To everyone considering Palm: Please make sure that you get your hands on each device you plan on purchasing, compare them to other similar devices, and do your homework...you don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't perform well...especially if you are shelling out literally hundreds of dollars on devices that you will rely on day to day.

Coming from an iPhone > pre > Droid - I can't recommend the Droid enough...as soon as you hit "browser", it's there...same with EVERY app. It just loads. Exchange sync is perfect, and the ways to customize the phone are endless (without patches, or other crap your everyday user isn't privy to)

Verizon's best device period. It is so close to the iPhone it's scary.

Sprint folks - guess you are stuck with the pre being your carrier's flagship device...good luck - I'll be over @ Android Central.
    wow your mods edit the word "fanb0y"? that's as lame as the pre i just returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifty9Dunes View Post
    wow your mods edit the word "fanb0y"? that's as lame as the pre i just returned.
    Take it elsewhere then fan boy. Go make your post on a Verizon forum. I'm pretty sure this is called PreCentral for a reason, most everyone on here already has Palm.

I was going to just let this one die, but then you had to reply to yourself and bring it back up.
    I have the sprint pre and the verizon pre and I have to disagree with you about the droid. Coming from the G1 to the droid was amazing and to be honest I got suckered into getting a Pre and I'm glad I did. The Droid has it good points, but nothing compares to the multi-tasking Pre. I guess its different strokes for different folks. Admit it though the webos browser is better then the droids by far... =P
    uh no. it's not. (browser) i made this post cause i came here to read about palm before my purchase, i wanted others doing the same to hear my story, now it's merged into a complaints forum...at least i tried - don't worry - palm's stock speaks for itself.
    & for the record, i'm not a "fan boy" of anything other than spending money on technology that actually works. to me, the pre is like a cable card - nice try, but no one uses it b/c it is unreliable.
    Last edited by Fifty9Dunes; 03/03/2010 at 11:59 PM.
    I love my Pre Plus and it's my first smartphone. My best friend has an iPhone and I hate the thing. The only thing I hate about the Pre Plus is the keyboard. I have to agree that it's CRAP. It lags, it triple types, it skips letters, it's cramped, and generally completely unreliable. And no, 1.4 didn't fix any keyboard issues. Other than that I really love WebOS. I don't know what crap that guy is talking about speed, but mine is pretty dang snappy, even with all the hacks and six apps running at the same time.
    it's true that i can talk cod **** to strangers all day - but as far as speed goes - put your pre next to an iPhone or a newer android device and compare load times for apps - any app will do - it's blatantly obvious that the pre is slow. we did it all day at work before i returned it. tested against every version of the iPhone, G1's, hell, even a Cliq. the pre cannot keep up with real life.
    Every smartphone has its minuses. The Web OS is amazing. It will be good to have a more ergonomic keyboard, larger buttons, and a more robust feel. Also screen size is too small.
    Danny Bluestone
    www.cyber-duck.co.uk
    My Pre died on my during christmas. I thought it was the battery but nothing happened when I recharged via USB or power. I sent it back to Palm and they replaced all the electrical board for free.
    Danny Bluestone
    www.cyber-duck.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifty9Dunes View Post
    it's true that i can talk cod **** to strangers all day - but as far as speed goes - put your pre next to an iPhone or a newer android device and compare load times for apps - any app will do - it's blatantly obvious that the pre is slow. we did it all day at work before i returned it. tested against every version of the iPhone, G1's, hell, even a Cliq. the pre cannot keep up with real life.
    Roger Ebert gives the previous post

Funny, I came an iPhone to sprint, and my pre works like a charm. Apps load in 1-2 second. If that is too long, then you are in too much of a hurry bro! + the mulit task is way better than iphone
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mesibot View Post
    My Pre died on my during christmas. I thought it was the battery but nothing happened when I recharged via USB or power. I sent it back to Palm and they replaced all the electrical board for free.
    Same happened with my pre as well. My pre is my only phone, I have no landline or anything. I'm using a Blackberry now until Palm launches the pre plus or equivalent on the Now Network.