View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 121 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 4493
    I swipe evrything now. I swipe at my ipod touch. I swipe at my gps. I swipe in my sleep. I tried to use my dads new verizon qwerty phone and I tried swiping it, and it's not touchscreen. I would have a hard time switching to any other os at this point.
    I am sooo glad I don't feel compelled to announce to world any time I do some trivial thing like switch phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    i'd be switching to a bberry if the web browsing wasn't so awful (i'd miss the touch screen, opera mini is OK i guess)..

the lack of notification when i get email is getting ridiculous.. for an IT guy this is my living..
    the led patch works well for notifications for email..
    People love to whine and complain. It makes them feel important.

... Jeez! What a deluded society we live in.
    Yay...another blanket dismissal of all criticism of the Pre. Yippee!!!

To those who brought a launch day Pre only to have it break down after 30 days so that your only option was to join the neverending Sprint refurb lottery, you should have done your research...by gazing into the future, apparently.

To those who are plagued with bugs like random resets, Too Many Cards errors, and other little issues, shut up already. My experience is just fine, and I don't want you coming to MY forum and darkening my day with your problems. I did mention this was MY forum, right?

Well, it's also for people that appreciate the phone. As in you should be grateful to have it. Count yourself lucky Palm allowed you to pay your money for it. I mean, the nerve of expressing dissatisfaction for something you purchased....
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Coming from Windows Mobile phones I cannot believe there are actual fixes being given out with new releases for the OS. I"m quite sure my PPC-6700 is still running on Windows 5.00 with no chance of ever even getting to 5.01.

The Pre does some very good things much better then most phones that do a lot. Other then reliability (my phone has broke and been replaced a few times.) I'm pretty satisfied with its software. I get a real kick out of them updating the way they do. I guess it really matters what platform you're coming from.

G..
    Awesome first post! I have had my pre since June 09 and feel the same way, just an amazing piece of technology and does everything I need from a cell phone when I am away from my computer. IMO, many of the whiners in here don't actually own pre's, they are either old Palm OS users that feel betrayed by Palm's new direction or people that owned a pre but have bought onto another brand but for some reason just can't move on and continue to troll this forum and jump into every negative thread and also we have people that have never owned a pre but have such extreme loyalty to their brand and in some sick way feel they must defend said brand.
    why can't people realize that no company is ever going to make a product that satsfies every person every time. Even apple with their massive financial capabilities cant do that. I think it is smart of palm to allow people to develop homebrew patches and apps for their product. This allows each individual user to make it personally his or her unique phone. I guess if you expect a devise to satisfy your every need every time, you are gonna be waiting for a loooonnnngggg time...
    Last edited by chrispy8198; 02/24/2010 at 10:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

To those who brought a launch day Pre only to have it break down after 30 days so that your only option was to join the neverending Sprint refurb lottery, you should have done your research...by gazing into the future, apparently.

To those who are plagued with bugs like random resets, Too Many Cards errors, and other little issues, shut up already. My experience is just fine, and I don't want you coming to MY forum and darkening my day with your problems. I did mention this was MY forum, right?

Well, it's also for people that appreciate the phone. As in you should be grateful to have it. Count yourself lucky Palm allowed you to pay your money for it. I mean, the nerve of expressing dissatisfaction for something you purchased....
    I suggest you go back and reread what he said. It was definitely not a "blanket dismissal of all criticism of the Pre".

It was pretty clear (since he mentioned it at least twice) that he was talking about those that complain about what it isn't, or what features it is lacking.

On the other hand, I suspect that there are many that are getting tired of seeing blanket dismissals of anyone that actually likes their device, and/or gets tired of seeing the whiners complaining about features it "should" have (but obviously didn't when they bought it anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    the led patch works well for notifications for email..
    My phone doesn't vibrate or light up (with led patch) when I receive a new email. I go into my inbox and they all show up then.. but no notifications at the bottom.. nothing..

its set to EAS so i know its pushing.. its weird :\

Actually as I mentioned above in the original text. Those are the valid complaints and they should be expressed in a valid way, and if the someone felt the need to express those concerns on a forum it should be in a format that people can learn the pros and cons. Not just Palm sucks because I cannot open to many cards or my 3d game doesn't work.... The reason why I posted this is because I would like to see the phone improved on and succeed. But if you were someone who came to this forum to do research on the phone, all you would find is death, doom and destruction, not a fair listing of what the phone truly is.

Was it acceptable that a manufactured device left that way absolutely not. As for the quality issues actual numbers were no where near as large as the population seemed to make it.

Just so everyone knows I am not a Palm purist. I have my complaints but like all complaints they don't get addressed unless they go to the right ears.
    amen well said 100 percent agree! Many people don't know what constructive criticism is.
    Did you even read the post? I think not....

Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20
    ... However, sending a constructive e-mail, with well laid out points and ideas may get listen[ed] too.
    The whole point of his post was to say it does not good to complain here, but if you complain to Palm you have a chance at being heard and your pain points to be addressed.

What are we supposed to do with someone complaining about some missing feature or something that doesn't work right? We can either agree, disagree, or ignore it. If the issue is addressed with Palm, THEY are the ones who have the opportunity to actually address the issue that may result in some satisfaction.
    Did YOU guys read what he wrote because "the point" of his post was pretty clear and spelled out in the first two sentences:

It pains me to see so many people complaining and whining on what the Palm Pre is or isn't. Everyone bought the phone knowing (if you did your research or shame on you for not doing it)what it is and what to expect.
    This is a tired canard against "whiners" when, as I alluded to in my reply, many of the problems Pre users are having could NOT have been "researched" prior to launch day.

Of course, it's all in the name of "[leaving] forums like this to the people who truly appreciate the phone and want to help in making it a success." The thing is, everyone who ponied up hundreds of dollars for this phone deserves to weigh in on it whether they want to "help" Palm or the Pre or not.

And anyone who doesn't think users should ask for and be critical of the lack of functionality that wasn't in the box should feel free to doctor their devices right on back to WebOS 1.1.
    Did YOU guys read what he wrote because "the point" of his post was pretty clear and spelled out in the first two sentences:

This is a tired canard against "whiners" when, as I alluded to in my reply, many of the problems Pre users are having could NOT have been "researched" prior to launch day.

Of course, it's all in the name of "[leaving] forums like this to the people who truly appreciate the phone and want to help in making it a success." The thing is, everyone who ponied up hundreds of dollars for this phone deserves to weigh in on it whether they want to "help" Palm or the Pre or not.

And anyone who doesn't think users should ask for and be critical of the lack of functionality that wasn't in the box should feel free to doctor their devices right on back to WebOS 1.1.
    This is a very interesting reply, and maybe to some point even accurate, however just like you stated your point in a constructive manner which requires a thought out response, the complainers and whiners are not doing that. It's just a moan and groan fest. I also agree to a certain degree with "The thing is, everyone who ponied up hundreds of dollars for this phone deserves to weigh in on it whether they want to "help" Palm or the Pre or not. " - True but if you spent hundreds of dollars on a new device you really need to understand what it is and isn't and also want to help improve it.

Also user have a right to be critical and ask for functionality, all I ask is that user blame the right parties.... Kind of like blaming Palm for something Adobe isn't doing. Or blaming Gameloft for the "too many card error". All I am asking is that if people are complaining they need to address it to the right people. I hope I clarified my original post to show i support your statement to a degree, and maybe you can understand mine better now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    This is a very interesting reply, and maybe to some point even accurate, however just like you stated your point in a constructive manner which requires a thought out response, the complainers and whiners are not doing that. It's just a moan and groan fest. I also agree to a certain degree with "The thing is, everyone who ponied up hundreds of dollars for this phone deserves to weigh in on it whether they want to "help" Palm or the Pre or not. " - True but if you spent hundreds of dollars on a new device you really need to understand what it is and isn't and also want to help improve it.
    But you're addressing the "complainers" with a complaint. You're addressing the "moan and groan" fest with a "moan and groan" of your own. So why is it destructive for them to do what they supposedly do, but constructive for you to do the same?

You surely knew what the makeup of this forum was like before joining, yes?

You do the same thing for the same reason. You're both fed up with X, and have no recourse except for written expression of your frustration.

Also user have a right to be critical and ask for functionality, all I ask is that user blame the right parties.... Kind of like blaming Palm for something Adobe isn't doing. Or blaming Gameloft for the "too many card error". All I am asking is that if people are complaining they need to address it to the right people. I hope I clarified my original post to show i support your statement to a degree, and maybe you can understand mine better now too.
    I appreciate the elaboration, and I think we do understand each other better.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    My phone doesn't vibrate or light up (with led patch) when I receive a new email. I go into my inbox and they all show up then.. but no notifications at the bottom.. nothing..

its set to EAS so i know its pushing.. its weird :\
    Check in the email account preferences that notifications are set to on. For some reason they weren't for my EAS accounts.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Yes we did, did you? As you said, he spelled it out in the first two sentences:
    It pains me to see so many people complaining and whining on what the Palm Pre is or isn't. Everyone bought the phone knowing (if you did your research or shame on you for not doing it)what it is and what to expect.
    Here were your responses:
    Except he wasn't talking about people that had it break down 30 days later. He specificaly said "what it is or isn't".

Except which of these "bugs" aren't obvious within the 30 days. And again, he specified "complaining and whining [B]on what the Palm Pre is or isn't", not those pointing out bugs or issues.

I doubt you notice that he was specific, or even care. It's just another sad opportunity to rant against the users of this forum.
    But you're addressing the "complainers" with a complaint. You're addressing the "moan and groan" fest with a "moan and groan" of your own. So why is it destructive for them to do what they supposedly do, but constructive for you to do the same?[

You surely knew what the makeup of this forum was like before joining, yes?

You do the same thing for the same reason. You're both fed up with X, and have no recourse except for written expression of your frustration.
    Some differences though. He addressed the specific issues that he had about the whiner and complainers. Not that they just "suck", and not because he didn't like their particular color of hair, or the method they use to put together their posts; but rather their specific behavior and what they can do to improve that behavior (eg - direct it at the proper party, research ahead of time, etc).

More importantly, he addressed them. Rather than going to another forum and complaining about the users on here. As he later pointed out, this isn't Palm's forum, or Gameloft's, etc, so why complain here that the phone you bought doesn't have custom alert tones? Go to Palm and complain.

As far as him complaining about a complaint. His complaint wasn't against complainers and whiners, it was against complainers and whiners who are complaining and whining without justification - those that bought the device, and are complaining about what it isn't, when it wasn't that from the begining. Reality is, we're all either complaining or praising, or responding to those that do.

Ironically, most of us understood what he was saying from the start. I suspect you were just a little overanxious to pick a fight.
    Wait...you're saying I'm taking a "sad" opportunity to rant against "the users of this forum" when I responded to one guy, but when the OP does a generalized rant against the nameless "whining" hordes, you give him thanks and jump on his side?

Yeah, that does a lot for the integrity of what you're saying, Herb.

Anyway, I addressed him directly and, as far as I know, we're good. You...gave me a nice laugh. Have a good day, sir.