View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 120 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 4493
    Funny to suddenly see a bunch of these threads a couple of weeks before the release of 1.4 and the EU app catalogue. If you managed to keep the phone this long, what's an extra month?

Seems I'm the only one who doesn't have 500 to spend on a new phone every other month. I like to inform myself before I buy.
    You know why I am staying with the Pre?
    1. It makes and receives calls.
    2. It feels great in my hand
    3. It's cool to swipe away cards and hear that little swooch sound
    4. There will always be the over-hyped next big thing in cell phones but I could really care less.
    5. I have a life outside my cell phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    Funny to suddenly see a bunch of these threads a couple of weeks before the release of 1.4 and the EU app catalogue. If you managed to keep the phone this long, what's an extra month?

Seems I'm the only one who doesn't have 500 to spend on a new phone every other month. I like to inform myself before I buy.
    What you don't get is that these are just trolls. I would place a nice wager that the majority of the authors of these threads do not even own a Pre. They are hear simply to spread FUD. They think that if others see a wave of people leaving they will leave too.

The only other reason to create threads like this is to blow off steam.
    to see so many people complaining and whining on what the Palm Pre is or isn't. Everyone bought the phone knowing (if you did your research or shame on you for not doing it)what it is and what to expect. Now as a lurker of the forums I may not garner much respect with this first post so let me validate my further writing by explaining my background. I have helped work and develop cellphone technology since 1995. I have used every minor and major operating system, heck my first cell phone was 30X bigger then my current Palm Pre.

Now for the actual post itself (sorry for dragging here)... Palm, as a company, is a small firm in the cell game and it has made an amazing device, I got mine last October after coming from the G1, and never had any problem with it, I actually think this is truly an amazing device. To the complainers about patches, no matter what phone OS you use, patches take forever to come out almost always miss release dates. Do I agree that some features should have been in the phone at release...Yes, but they are coming.... To all the whiners and complainers coming to a Palm Pre forum and complaining about your Pre, when you bought the device knowing what it was, is really your own fault. Blaming Palm on this forum or any forum, for the lack of XYZ feature when it was never their is of no fault of Palm (even if it was promised no release date for that promise to come true will ever be given). However, sending a constructive e-mail, with well laid out points and ideas may get listen too. As a member of a few forums I have never seen so many people who bought a device like the Pre and complain so much. Heck even the G1 didn't get blasted as bad as the poor Pre. I truly hope all the whiners and complainers do the research for their next device, not just the wow factor of the device, and truly get the device they want. It will leave forums like this to the people who truly appreciate the phone and want to help in making it a success.

Note: I do understand about certain complaints being valid my point is they need to be issued constructively, not death, doom and destruction like.

Thank you all for reading such a long post. Sorry
    i'd be switching to a bberry if the web browsing wasn't so awful (i'd miss the touch screen, opera mini is OK i guess)..

the lack of notification when i get email is getting ridiculous.. for an IT guy this is my living..
    In the end... You will be gone....
    Quote Originally Posted by tang404 View Post
    You know why I am staying with the Pre?
    4. There will always be the over-hyped next big thing in cell phones but I could really care less.

Well put!! Ok, so sometimes I get slightly annoyed and look enviously at other phone users (iphone and Pre users from the US) because I don't have the apps that I want but ultimately I'm happy, the Pre is a phone which does what I want it too and looks and feels good in my hand! Why would I want to swap?!
    Quote Originally Posted by tang404 View Post
    you know why i am staying with the pre?
    4. There will always be the over-hyped next big thing in cell phones but i could really care less.
    #3 ftw!!!
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Im tired of sitting here waiting for 1.4.

So after much consideration I have decided to leave and go out to the garage and work on my car.

See you later tonight.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    lol these posts dont help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post

So after much consideration I have decided to leave and go out to the garage and work on my car.

See you later tonight.
    FINE! just leave us!!!!! *waits 5 min* nooooooooo come baaaaack
    You forgot to thank us for all the fish.
    Bye bye.
    do not care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post

See you later tonight.
    made me smile. thanks
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Im still here, had to have some tea first.

Sorry I couldnt help making a joke out of all these goodbye threads. Hope you can forgive me?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    hope you don't go mad when 1.4 hits and then flash. '"'
    i think you said it just the right way
    He will be complaining again when moves to a different phone....
    Well done! Couldn't have said it better myself.
    yep