View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 119 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by rifter View Post
    The license on most of these homebrew apps and patches, even when they are open source, is such that Palm probably could not integrate them into the WebOS. And a lot of them aren't open source, so that would not be an option.

Definitely not true of any patches distributed through Preware. Palm can freely use any and all of them. That's what you agree to if you submit a patch to Preware.
    It doesn't mix the creamer into my coffee in the morning. Other then that I couldn't be happier.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver27 View Post
    I totally disagree that it's only OCD picky unhappy people that are posting problems. It seems that on this forum, moreso than on others, if you are not all Palm all the time and make any kind of criticism of the phone then you are considered a basher/complainer/iphone lover.

This situation really bites because I like this phone and want to love it but don't feel comfortable asking for advice or information on this forum.
    Trust me, if you ask without pretending that your problem is a universal problem for everyone, you will get help. If you don't right away, send me a PM, and I assure, you then will get whatever help I can give.

The problem comes when people proclaim that "Palm is a fail", or "this device sucks", or any other number of ridiculous generalizations, simply because of their individual problem.

Most of the problems can be resolved. Those that can't, can't. But there is way too much whining on this forum. Less whining + more genuine requests for help = more help.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    It doesn't mix the creamer into my coffee in the morning. Other then that I couldn't be happier.
    I often wonder why coffee companies don't just automatically include creamer in their coffee. Most of the users of coffee add this to the product, and it just doesn't make sense that since most users of the product use it, the manufacturers don't just include it with the product.

Total fail, coffee makers.

/sarcasm
    Coming from Blackberry I miss:

• Easier to make a call
    • Video Recording (Qik is cool) I don't need a 5K video camera video snobs.
    • Midssh
    • Voice Commands
    • Convenience Keys
    • Blackberry Maps. (North Up is great as it orientates you by direction of travel).
    • Bluetooth File Transfer
    • Desktop syncing.

To be fair Google Maps sucks on the Pre. I do like being able to Trapster and GPS dashboard at the same time. This is a Google issue but it weak. I'd rather have an alternative without the overhyped Google brand being shoved down my throat. Android isn't better than WebOS, sorry. I was irked Verizon reps kept trying to push me in that direction. It's like ATT trying to tell me the iPhone was a business phone over my Curve purchase.

Yes the Pre is a superior phone in many ways, namely the UI and Multitasking. But:

• The recessed tiny keyboard sucks.
    • Not a fan of the slider to get to the keyboard.
    • Sometimes which end is up? Hell I think the button should have stayed.
    • No good way to quickly call. Sure you can open the keyboard and start to type but opening it sucks.
    • Synergy. Nice but I'd prefer not to have it manage anything for me I don't want. Several of the same contacts from several sources. Dups out the ***! Just because I have accounts somewhere doesn't mean I want to sync the damn things.
    • Why in the hell is the speaker on the back of the phone?

Great that it's not an Apple iPhone but more open. Kudos to Preware and Homebrew guys/girls. You are the bomb. Unfortunately I think Palm should be doing the majority of feature sets to make it more viable in the market. I do appreciate the Preware/Homebrew people.

Love? I'm running Lighttpd, Samba, SSH server etc. All the tools a Sysadmin or geek loves. For god sakes the terminal font is too small for old farts like me. Homebrew Preware guys you must be youngsters who can see. How can I increase the font size?

Did I mention I don't like the slider or keyboard. Man I'd loved to have a Pixi pimped with the Pre Specs. I may even get a Pixi for the keyboard. Even on my BB Curve I never hit the limit of my 4 gig SD card. I don't play or care for Flash or Video games. I still may make the switch to a Pixi for the keyboard being ready to go when I am not having to slide that damn thing open. I may still ditch the Pre Plus for the Pixi.

The virtual keyboard is nice but to prone to errors for real use. I'm sure it will improve over time. I would love for it to be a primary tool for the Pre Plus just to avoid walking around with the keyboard open.

The touchstone is smart and ahead of the game. The car mount job is sweet. Highly recommended. Hell it keeps the Pre Alive since the battery life is almost ridiculous. My first 2 days I thought for sure I'd throw it in the river. Little did I know it checked mail on demand and the GPS being on all the time sucked the life out of it. I think the mirror on the back is used to signal aircraft for help when the battery dies.

The "Famous person Quotes" applications in the catalog seriously **** me off. The feeds are littered with it. They aren't apps in my world. I'd like to completely ignore all of them and never see them again by regular expression.

I think, regardless of the dire predictions from PreCentral that Palm and WebOS is here to stay by virtue of Fart apps and the Kama Sutra."

Overall WebOS is the best platform but needs the stupid features everyone else has, like Video, Voice dialing etc.

Really Palm, make a supercharged Pixi on par with the Pre with a Pre sized screen. I'd buy it. I think you got the form factor backwards. The slider for the feature phone to smartphone converts. The full size keyboard for hard core texting. Wouldn't hurt to have a "Just in case" microSD card.
    This is it. Enough waiting and being patient. I sold my Pre GSM, because it was as the frech say: "un situation insupportable"

F***ing 245 Apps after 6 month of GSM PRE. Come on Palm. And still the same probs over and over again. The UI is too slow. TOO SLOW. How can it be so hard beeing as quick as a Milestone/Droid. It is same CPU, same RAM.

Anyway I gave those palmers a chance and they messed up for me. Sorry, but perhaps xpectations were simply too high since CES and MWC 2009.

PALM you did not make it. And I did not make it to WebOS 1.4. This is so so sad.
    Please don't leave us...we'll change. TOMORROW! Lol
    Don't worry. Go and find the handset that you like the best. I always say to people, we're consumers. We need to choose the devices that are most desirable to us, not the companies we feel we owe loyalty to.

Good luck with whichever device you get next - maybe see you back when a future WebOS device is released
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Dude I thought we bonded after your 5th post? This hurts ....alot....I can't even ...type.....
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseUp View Post
    This is it. Enough waiting and being patient. I sold my Pre GSM, because it was as the frech say: "un situation insupportable"

F***ing 245 Apps after 6 month of GSM PRE. Come on Palm. And still the same probs over and over again. The UI is too slow. TOO SLOW. How can it be so hard beeing as quick as a Milestone/Droid. It is same CPU, same RAM.

Anyway I gave those palmers a chance and they messed up for me. Sorry, but perhaps xpectations were simply too high since CES and MWC 2009.

PALM you did not make it. And I did not make it to WebOS 1.4. This is so so sad.
    hahah whats funny is that there are a bunch of rumors about update 1.4 coming for tomorrow....if it does come tomorrow im going to lol at this.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    hahah whats funny is that there are a bunch of rumors about update 1.4 coming for tomorrow....if it does come tomorrow im going to lol at this.
    he'll get the last lol when we're still waiting come april
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseUp View Post
    ...Enough waiting and being patient.
    ...245 Apps after 6 month of GSM PRE.
    Who can blame him? Sorry to see you go!
    who cares....

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    you'll be back.. They always come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    you'll be back.. They always come back.
    muahahaha
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I don't blame you, if sprint had any other decent phones I would be leaving too, can't wait for the supersonic, or I hope Palm releases a quality product for a change.
    lmao, what a ******* if webOS 1.4 does roll out tommorow!
    Sometimes I want to leave. But then I remember I signed on for 2 years with this phone, so unless I want to shell out a lot of money for a new phone, I'll just have to learn to live with its quirks.