View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 117 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 4493
    You all really need to be honest with yourselves and admit that this thing is built like a toy. I don't know why everytime someone brings up a build quality issue a bunch of lemmings show up and start bashing the OP.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I disagree...I like the build of the phone. Sure..its not a giant hunk of glass like the Iphone..but it's got an amazing feel in your hand and the quality overall is pretty good..

I'm on my original phone from near release day and I've had zero problems with it. I think Palm struck a nice balance. I'm not saying it's perfect but what is.

Look..If you like the phone, use it and enjoy it. If you don't, find one you like and have some fun with it. After all, in two years or less, there will be the "next great phone that you can't wait to get your hands on".
    mines fine
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    I disagree...I like the build of the phone. Sure..its not a giant hunk of glass like the Iphone..but it's got an amazing feel in your hand and the quality overall is pretty good..

I'm on my original phone from near release day and I've had zero problems with it. I think Palm struck a nice balance. I'm not saying it's perfect but what is.

Look..If you like the phone, use it and enjoy it. If you don't, find one you like and have some fun with it. After all, in two years or less, there will be the "next great phone that you can't wait to get your hands on".
    I completely agree, I can understand the oreo effect, and i can deal with that if it doesn't get to bad, but the constant shutting off doesn't seem right. Does anyone else have this problem?

*JUST HAPPENED AGAIN*
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    still on first pre.. its perfect
    3 in our family..
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    heres the deal...we're tired of people complaining on here for the littlest issues. If you take the time to search on here you will save ursef some time.

with the phone turning off issue, this is due to the battery coming loose when you shut ur phone too hard. To fix it, you just need to put a small pad on the top of the battery. Do a search on here and you will find pics and directions.

with respect to the keyboard, that is totally an opinion. I think the keyboard is perfect...good quality and perfect size for me. I have actually heard from droid owners that the keyboard on the droid is the thing they hate most about it. But that's opinion.

with oreo, that will happen with any slider....it is just inherent in the design. I don't know how bad urs is, but I haven't had one form a noticeable oreo yet. Not one that bothers me atleast. Maybe you need to be more careful with ur phone. Or you are looking for the smallest little movement. I don't know. Either check out the pixi, or get a diff phone if it's really that bad for you.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    heres the deal...we're tired of people complaining on here for the littlest issues. If you take the time to search on here you will save ursef some time.

with the phone turning off issue, this is due to the battery coming loose when you shut ur phone too hard. To fix it, you just need to put a small pad on the top of the battery. Do a search on here and you will find pics and directions.

with respect to the keyboard, that is totally an opinion. I think the keyboard is perfect...good quality and perfect size for me. I have actually heard from droid owners that the keyboard on the droid is the thing they hate most about it. But that's opinion.

with oreo, that will happen with any slider....it is just inherent in the design. I don't know how bad urs is, but I haven't had one form a noticeable oreo yet. Not one that bothers me atleast. Maybe you need to be more careful with ur phone. Or you are looking for the smallest little movement. I don't know. Either check out the pixi, or get a diff phone if it's really that bad for you.
    Well put, thanks for not bashing me, and instead providing advice, as I had expected from a forum. I love the keyboard and phone itself, I didn't realize there was a fix for the restart, didn't see one on the forum, had I known I would have kept my first pre, which had no oreo effect at all.
    Wait a few months and the Pre2 will be out.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I had mine since July. I don't use a case or screen protectors. I have dropped twice and it's still fine and I don't have scratches the screen.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Yall act like the Pre is your girlfriend, getting your panties all up in a bunch at even the slightest critisim of the Pre. lol.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    that person have d right to say whatever he/she wants... GUYS, BE HONEST! You guys have issues with ur phones too!!!if you guys don't have issues with the hardware, prolly ur not even touching ur phone! Be fair to those people who post a thread like this, don't be a troll in ur own ground!

P.S. I like the phone, yea! This is my third one!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    As far as the turning off issue, actually to add on the Pre Plus they come with pads clued in to make the battery fit tighter. Maybe he knocked them loose who knows. I say dont even trade for another just buy chocolate or something
    I just opened the back up, no pad, didn't knock anything lose. I will trade to a third one, and I would never consider an LG chocolate.
    Do we need yet another thread to confirm this? It's pretty obvious the hardware is crap.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zam244 View Post
    Well put, thanks for not bashing me, and instead providing advice, as I had expected from a forum. I love the keyboard and phone itself, I didn't realize there was a fix for the restart, didn't see one on the forum, had I known I would have kept my first pre, which had no oreo effect at all.
    Palm actually updated the battery to fix the restart issue, many people have been able to get a new battery for free from Palm. As a temporary fix, you can wedge a piece of paper along the top edge of the battery to push it down against the contacts better.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-phone-14.html

As far as the "oreo" effect goes...What exactly are you calling "oreo"? Is there just a little play in the slider or does it seem like it's going to fall apart? The slider has moving parts so there needs to be some play in them. Many people have complained about the "oreo" effect, but I have never seen anyone say that their Pre just fell apart.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Palm actually updated the battery to fix the restart issue, many people have been able to get a new battery for free from Palm. As a temporary fix, you can wedge a piece of paper along the top edge of the battery to push it down against the contacts better.

As far as the "oreo" effect goes...What exactly are you calling "oreo"? Is there just a little play in the slider or does it seem like it's going to fall apart? The slider has moving parts so there needs to be some play in them. Many people have complained about the "oreo" effect, but I have never seen anyone say that their Pre just fell apart.
    Oreo effect for me is that the top and bottom half twist, not just slide. (imagine twisting apart an oreo) I know (hope) it wont fall apart but its very nerving, it feels as if the part that is in the sliding track is too thin and flimsy, maybe even slightlty bent. I also noticed that the sides of the top half jet out slightly beyond the bottom half, my first pre had no oreo effect and had no jetting out. Hope that makes sense.

I am not trying to bash the pre, just get advice and share my story.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i still cant believe how many whiners they are. i got mines on launch day and my pre isnt the best. i have an oreo effect, 2mm gap, and screen blemishes. and you know what, I DONT CARE. it doesnt effect my day to day phone activities AT ALL. it works like it should. ive dropped my phone many times on concrete and carpet. it survived. so hardwise, its not that bad.

of course, there will be naysyaers saying they paid good money for a perfect phone. well, too bad nothing in life is perfect.
    It's people with "OCD", not only are they really picky, never really happy, but also tend to be the biggest complainers too....
    For the amount of money these phones cost and the build qualities that other manufacturers are offering I really think Palm should pony up something better. I can see issues with first gen phones but Verizon customers are having the same issues and they have a V.2 model.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    i still cant believe how many whiners they are. i got mines on launch day and my pre isnt the best. i have an oreo effect, 2mm gap, and screen blemishes. and you know what, I DONT CARE. it doesnt effect my day to day phone activities AT ALL. it works like it should. ive dropped my phone many times on concrete and carpet. it survived. so hardwise, its not that bad.

of course, there will be naysyaers saying they paid good money for a perfect phone. well, too bad nothing in life is perfect.
    I have gone through 2 phones in less than a week.... if i got mine launch day and just started to have problems thats a different story. If you buy something new you want it to work, I didn't have to upgrade to a broken phone, could have kept my perfectly good blackberry.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    For the amount of money these phones cost and the build qualities that other manufacturers are offering I really think Palm should pony up something better. I can see issues with first gen phones but Verizon customers are having the same issues and they have a V.2 model.
    wow stir, its like your reading my mind hahaha....thanks for the support.