View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 116 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Yeah I hear the Hero has been problem free....
    trust me i work in a sprint service and repair location/retail store, and the hero has a ton of issues too
    im still on my first pre...dropped it god knows how many times...only some scratches just not on the screen thank god...bye bye mango
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Wow. Did we really need a thread for you to say goodbye? We don't care.

Besides, this belongs in the official "I'm leaving" thread.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I like the support I get from this community and how palm is committed in making WebOS more awesome. I can't imagine using any other device not running WebOS. I also love my gift box icon.
    my first pre and still as good as day one. Bye bye
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    We'll miss you Mango
    I will miss you osirus lol
    How about leaving my calendar dates alone?
    why does the pre handle iphone p0rn sites better than the iphone?
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am on my second pre plus and I love the OS but the construction of the phone is awful. When I open or close the phone a bit less than gently, more often with low battery, the phone turns off. I am also already getting the oreo effect on this 2nd replacement and I have had it just over 24 hours. The construction of these phones isn't reliable, I will swap it out once more and if I get the same disappoint results I will have to try another phone. Has anyone on here experienced the same issues as me? Any advice?
    The droid. Hardware quality is excellent. Should tide you over until a more solid web os phone emerges.... IF that happens that is.

I'm not a fan of the droid keyboard, but I absolutely HATE the cheap, cramped qwerty on the pre. It comes down to compromises at this stage. there's no one perfect alternative.

I handled the pre once and felt like it was constructed from eggshells.
    Passed on it and am waiting for a respectable keyboard smartphone with a dynamite screen
    I wouldn't Say Awful not good maybe but they are not that bad. Yes everyone gets the Oreo effect but if your really picky about phones this phone might not be the one for you.

I my self have had my original since September and have had no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by zam244 View Post
    I am on my second pre plus and I love the OS but the construction of the phone is awful. When I open or close the phone a bit less than gently, more often with low battery, the phone turns off. I am also already getting the oreo effect on this 2nd replacement and I have had it just over 24 hours. The construction of these phones isn't reliable, I will swap it out once more and if I get the same disappoint results I will have to try another phone. Has anyone on here experienced the same issues as me? Any advice?
    Go get another phone, you don't deserve Palm Pre.
    Add a little (LITTLE) lubricant to the slide. There will ALWAYS be some oreo effect. We are not talking about a massive sliding structure. If it were, the phone would have to be somewhat bigger like a Droid or the older Treo's. Take a look inside. If you can, come up with a better design and submit it to Palm. You could always go for the Pixi. Good luck.
    still on first pre.. its perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    The pre's hardware doesn't deserve buyers... what the pre deserves is a BUYER BEWARE.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The pre's hardware doesn't deserve buyers... what the pre deserves is a BUYER BEWARE.
    I got my Pre since October and it absolutely great condition. If somebody is not enough cares don't deserve it. The Pre is for adults not some loser kids.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    If you hate the Pre....why are you here then...? Seems kinda crazy that you are posting on a forum for a phone you don't even like much less..even own.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    That's a bit harsh dont think, especially since i have gone back twice so that I can keep this phone. It's a good phone, but having poor construction, its not fair to the customer. When I slide the keyboard out it turns off, the first and the second phone have done this. Thats just not acceptable, especially because it takes a while to turn back on. I shouldn't have to baby the device because Palm couldn't limit the defects on it. Since it has moved to Verizon they have upgraded the specs and slighted altered the physical hardware, but not enough apparently.

So I think palm doesn't deserve to reemerge in the cell phone market if they can't build a reliable phone, and I was willing and will attempt to invest in them once more when I get this one replaced later today (3rd one in a week). I hope third times the charm, but if not I am going back to my Blackberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    spoken like a true troll
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    If you hate the Pre....why are you here then...? Seems kinda crazy that you are posting on a forum for a phone you don't even like much less..even own.
    You all got me wrong, I like the phone but the construction needs to be noted. I convinced my brother to get the phone as well, but if they build a bad phone, they need to hear about it. The customer is always right, and I am a paying customer who is very happy with the webOS and the concept of the phone but poor construction isn't cool, so hopefully my third one is better.

Do you all have problems like this and just chose not to complain, sounds like some palm fan boys to me....
    Last edited by zam244; 02/20/2010 at 11:11 AM.