View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 115 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    On my first Pre this worked - it ended up being returned because it got stuck with the loading screen and couldn't get the Palm logo off, my 2nd Pre, nothing worked to get it out of headset mode. Tried all the fixes. Sprint store couldn't fix it either. They were very good about replacing it.
    Very pleased with Sprint on this issue. My 3rd Pre is working fine. I am afraid to try to use the headphones. I do have bluetooth matched to my car, but I like to use Pandora and have to use the headphone jack to connect it to the car stereo.

Does anyone use headphone jack often without problems? Do you shut down the program before unplugging the jack?
    Quote Originally Posted by invoidzero View Post
    Understood, Maybe i wasn't clear illustrating the goal of the post. In essence, i was asking for help with the multiple problems, though as i figured, there are no answers. Though whining about a whiny post does nothing but perpetuate your apparent problem. And i realize i misspelled, i was typing from the pre keyboard. thanks for correcting my spelling...on the internet.
    Quite the contrary (no play on words intended). Just a couple of posts back, there was a comment and suggestion about the types of headphones you were using. No response to that person, tough you are defending your right to complain (and mispell) good and proper.

Why did you "figure" no one would offer help? And if that's true, wouldn't you agree it lends some creedence to the idea that you weren't seeking help, but rather a soapbox from which to complain?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Quite the contrary (no play on words intended). Just a couple of posts back, there was a comment and suggestion about the types of headphones you were using. No response to that person, tough you are defending your right to complain (and mispell) good and proper.

Why did you "figure" no one would offer help? And if that's true, wouldn't you agree it lends some creedence to the idea that you weren't seeking help, but rather a soapbox from which to complain?
    First, i did respond to an earlier question about what headphones and how often they're used in an earlier post (#2272), must have missed that later one. Second, i didn't figure that no one would offer help, just that the problems the phone has can't be fixed by anyone but the manufacturer. I'm more than thankful for all the considerate posts offering up explanations, tips, and tricks in fixing my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by invoidzero View Post
    First, i did respond to an earlier question about what headphones and how often they're used in an earlier post (#2272), must have missed that later one. Second, i didn't figure that no one would offer help, just that the problems the phone has can't be fixed by anyone but the manufacturer. I'm more than thankful for all the considerate posts offering up explanations, tips, and tricks in fixing my phone.
    Fair enough, that makes sense.
    I love my Pre, but it seems to be getting left in the dust by Android and possibly Windows Mobile when it come out. I am tired of not getting enough updates to compete from Palm. The Homebrew community is what has kept me interested. The Pre has a lot of potential, but when will we see it. I feel like I have invested in the wrong OS platform. If Palm does not step up it's game I will be going to Android. If Sprint doesn't continue to get better phones I am moving to Verizon.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I have to agree to some extend. Still, WebOS is actually alot slicker than Android. The problem is the key apps are too f'ing slow. I just hate hate hate the email client. It is so slow to sync, navigate and work with. My 5 year old Treo was so much faster.

This is not what I consider progress.

How can they not see that email needs a complete rewrite and that this device badly needs either a faster processor or redesigned multitasking code. It's unacceptable how for no obvious reason, it so often runs like molasses.
    Mark F Chinsky
    I really don't think verizon. There plans are sh##ty. The only thing you get 4 unlimited 4 $69 is talk. Then you have 2 pay for text unlimiyed is another $20 then the web is like another $20 or 30 so ull bcoming out way more money then jus to hold out a lil.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    if you install too many apps (too many as in # of apps, not size in mb), new icons fail to show, some older icons fail to show. icons randomly appear on top of others. the swipe to another page fails to work. deleting apps fixes the issue. its like there is a limit on the number of apps now instead of the limit being the storage area available.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunyabiz615 View Post
    Everyday I'm unplugging the battery to reset my device. I've only had the phone for 3 weeks. It continually goes to a black screen and you can't power it on or do a hard reset unless you take out the battery. Any ideas as to what is causing it?
    Hey nunyabiz - I am having the same issue. Not the same as the loose battery issue where the phone cuts off when you close the slider...this is where the phone is dead when I pick it up. It mysteriously just turns off and will not power back on via the power button, and here is the kicker...the first time I reboot, it gets stuck at the intial Palm boot logo. So I have to pull the battery again, and it will reboot the second time.

I took it to the Sprint store today, and they are going to replace the phone. So I would recommend that if this is happening to you, you go ahead and have the phone replaced. I am bummed as I have had this phone since June of last year, and it has been rock solid with no issues, no oreo effect, and no screen bleed. I just hope the replacement is as solid as this one has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    Enough already with these whinny, *****y post. No one gives a **** if you are calling it quits on the Pre. Here's a tissue for your issue...
    Obviously you have never had a phone that you loved but refused to love you back. It will **** you off to no end, especially when customer support does not give a ****!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I'm just beyond frustrated at this point with my Palm Pre.
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 6 times - *****.

I'm finally swapping it out for a hero. This is a new one and it still had the same earphone probelm. I'm sooo over it.
    Sorry I really like WebOS, but enough is enough.
    adios
    so long. We will really miss your insight and participation in the Webos Community. Man, what will we ever do without you mango?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Don't let the cyber door hit you on your #ss on the way out:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-back-pre.html
    Hope you are as active at the same high level with the Hero community.
    Look everybody stop castrating the man (or women) for leaving the Pre and going to the hero. But I will say that if my Pixi was to break on me after 2 times I would be gone. I don't understand people who stay with the same device even though they have a bad history with the phone. Even if I loved the OS. I would just get use to another OS.

So op when you get your hero make sure you come back to Precentral and let us know how you like your hero.
    Yeah I hear the Hero has been problem free....
    I've had 8 pre's. If you love something, there is no getting use to something else.... Your dog dies and you run right out and get a new one?.... tsk tsk tsk (j/k)

I've never had to pay to replace one, so i guess they are all manufacture defects or something, but alas I like phones, going into the sprint store to get a replacement is not a hassle for me.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    We'll miss you Mango
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    It's unfortunate. Good luck Mango