View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 114 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    I'm on my third pre.

Am I the only person that loves it when I get a replacement? That little dent from dropping it, the scratch from who knows what...all gone!
    people who need information like call logs and messaging history, like myself, would rather stick with one phone. Luckily I haven't had any problems that made me need a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Nobody likes a "quiter".
    I feel i've given adequate amount of time, energy, and money into this phone. I was originally hoping that it was just the initial launch phones that were faulty, but i was assured the last time i got another one that it was brand new. At the very least a phone should be able to make phone calls. If it can't do that properly, whats the point? Don't get me wrong, i've defended this phone against any iphone user that crosses my path, i'm a huge advocate of homebrew, and can't imagine going to a phone without multitasking. But this is getting a bit frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by invoidzero View Post
    I feel i've given adequate amount of time, energy, and money into this phone. I was originally hoping that it was just the initial launch phones that were faulty, but i was assured the last time i got another one that it was brand new. At the very least a phone should be able to make phone calls. If it can't do that properly, whats the point? Don't get me wrong, i've defended this phone against any iphone user that crosses my path, i'm a huge advocate of homebrew, and can't imagine going to a phone without multitasking. But this is getting a bit frustrating.
    I agree with you 1000%.
    I was just playing with the OP's thread title.

Update:

Oops!
    You ARE the OP.
    Sorry!
    People, you need to quit harassing people when they post out of frustration. This community is starting to look and feel much more like the iPhone community. Just help the guy for god's sake!

OP, I have not had this issue as of yet so I can't help you find a solution for it but if you really love webOS then you should stick with it. I am betting on the OS and not the physical phone and that's why I am on my 6th Pre since launch date. My latest phone seems to be working great with no issues at all. But after all, you do what you need to do.
    Not sure if you missed this from the 1st page, but have you tried;

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Not sure if you missed this from the 1st page, but have you tried;
    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/198065-stuck-headset-mode-no-earpiece-back-speaker-sound-fix
    Yep, tried that one a few times. Nada. Tried cleaning out the ports, nada. The first phone i had, that solved the problem a few times. Not since then though. I don't mind using a headset, or bluetooth though so if it was just the headphone issue i wouldn't be complaining so much. Its the combination of all these issues over so many phones thats got me frustrated. Probably the worst is having to remove the battery to restart the phone.
    did u try the q-tip trick?...this worked for me:

trim most of the cotton off the qtip...dip it in some rubbing alcohol....swirl it around in the headphone jack to remove all the crud....fixed!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I wish someone at Precentral, or another media member would talk to Palm about it and see what the deal is. This is a systemic issue with their phone. Are they fixing it or ignoring it? Do they even realize the severity of the problem?
    Enough already with these whinny, *****y post. No one gives a **** if you are calling it quits on the Pre. Here's a tissue for your issue...
    I'm glad people are trying my way of fixing this,,I posted the trim the q tip ,rubbing alcolhol fix and it never gave me a problem again. Good to see it's working for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    Enough already with these whinny, *****y post. No one gives a **** if you are calling it quits on the Pre. Here's a tissue for your issue...
    Hey, dude, see my post above. I don't know who thanked you in the past for anything because you don't deserve to be thanked with your attitude.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    why is everyone so angry?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This is one of my annoying ten post i have to place..
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Hey, dude, see my post above. I don't know who thanked you in the past for anything because you don't deserve to be thanked with your attitude.
    Every other day there is some dumb@$$ complaining about this and about that, it gets real annoying real fast. Why do we all need to know when people are giving up on their Pre. Instead of complaining here, you should write the manufacturer a letter voicing your complaints and grievances.

"Hey, dude", how old are you? A lot of tough talk about attitude when it is written behind the anonymity of a computer.
    The post wasn't meant to inform everyone i'm giving up on the pre, it was a last ditch effort to find a solution to the many problems it seems to be plagues with. If it wasn't worth your time to read it then what made it worth responding to? Thanks for taking the role of the internet tough guy, nice to know the social stereotypes are still hanging around. Next time though, just don't bother. Everyone's better off without your input.
    The post wasn't meant to inform everyone i'm giving up on the pre, it was a last ditch effort to find a solution to the many problems it seems to be plagues with. If it wasn't worth your time to read it then what made it worth responding to? Thanks for taking the role of the internet tough guy, nice to know the social stereotypes are still hanging around. Next time though, just don't bother. Everyone's better off without your input.
    Are you using the same headphones every time?

I ask because I have a really really cheap pair of headphones that I could just tell were a little bigger than normal the first time that I plugged them into my Pre. They were a lot harder to insert and remove than the stock ones that came with the phone.

I have since upgraded to a high-quality pair of headphones that are also very easy to plug in.
    Every other day there is some dumb@$$ complaining about this and about that, it gets real annoying real fast. Why do we all need to know when people are giving up on their Pre. Instead of complaining here, you should write the manufacturer a letter voicing your complaints and grievances.

"Hey, dude", how old are you? A lot of tough talk about attitude when it is written behind the anonymity of a computer.
    In general i'm not a fan of being an a.s.s., but I have to agree with Raz's position here. Posting on the forums that you're leaving accomplishes...what?

Oh, nothing?

If you really want to vent your frustrations, or get some real insight into a problem, write a letter to the manufacturer (FYI, Palm doesn't build their phones...as far as I know) or write one to Palm telling them to look into the build quality.

All you manage to do here is add clutter and push down a thread by someone who genuinely needs help.

If you were indeed going for the "last ditch effort" to find a solution to a problem that has been mentioned dozens of times before, then you need to take a look at your surroundings. What is it about where you live, work, play, sleep, drive that causes your headphone issues to be so much more pronounced than everyone else on the forums?
    What do you expect to happen when you start a post with a title like that. I never claimed to be the "internet tough guy" but if you asked for help about your problem instead of coming off like you are whining about your broken phone then maybe it would illicit better more helpful responses.

Everyday some ******* is posting a thread about quitting Palm or ditching their Pre. These post do nothing to solve the problems that they may be facing. If you are seriously having issues with your device contact Palm and lodge a complaint and if after several complaints and the problem has not been rectified, move on another device or manufacturer.

And by the way, it's Quit NOT Quite...
    Everyday I'm unplugging the battery to reset my device. I've only had the phone for 3 weeks. It continually goes to a black screen and you can't power it on or do a hard reset unless you take out the battery. Any ideas as to what is causing it?
    What do you expect to happen when you start a post with a title like that. I never claimed to be the "internet tough guy" but if you asked for help about your problem instead of coming off like you are whining about your broken phone then maybe it would illicit better more helpful responses.

Everyday some ******* is posting a thread about quitting Palm or ditching their Pre. These post do nothing to solve the problems that they may be facing. If you are seriously having issues with your device contact Palm and lodge a complaint and if after several complaints and the problem has not been rectified, move on another device or manufacturer.

And by the way, it's Quit NOT Quite...
    Understood, Maybe i wasn't clear illustrating the goal of the post. In essence, i was asking for help with the multiple problems, though as i figured, there are no answers. Though whining about a whiny post does nothing but perpetuate your apparent problem. And i realize i misspelled, i was typing from the pre keyboard. thanks for correcting my spelling...on the internet.