View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 113 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4493
    I'm currently on my 4th palm pre. I got my first on on launch day, waited anxiously for months to get it. Within the first 3 weeks the headphone jack broke. The phone assumed that i had the headphones in at all times even when i didn't. I couldn't make a call without a headset. This same problem has plagued every one i've had since then. The latest one i had has the most problems of all. On top of the headphone jack problem, i'm constantly having memory issues. I get a too many cards error even when nothing is running. The only way to turn off the phone is to remove the battery. The power options flash when pressed, then nothing. And most recently, the clock has been displaying a random time. I've read about a few of these issues before but to have so many phones with these problems leaves me with little hope. I've tried every method, rebuilding the phone to factory defauly, webos doctor, etc. So precentral, i implore you. What now? Should i keep gambling that i'll get a working phone? Are there answers to these issues? or should i cut my losses.
    Get a 5th one I guess. I love this phone.

ET

PS: Sorry, that wasn't any help.
    Good 1st post.
    have fun calling it "quite"
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, in all your reading, specifically about the headphone jack problem, did you happen to notice that there is a reason why it keeps acting like that?

im quite curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, in all your reading, specifically about the headphone jack problem, did you happen to notice that there is a reason why it keeps acting like that?

im quite curious.
    No clue, i've read that putting the headphones in and out a few times solves it, and a few times it did, but no one at sprint was able to help the problem. They've looked at it and all they've been able to do was hand me another phone.
    Are you using the OME headphones or ones that you bought separate.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    There is a post somewhere here when someone details how the switch in the headphone hole can get gummed up and stuck. I think they poked it with a needle. ? .

Anyone remember this post?
    see ya ho! Btw a qtip & rubbing alcohol fixes the headphone issue.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trick440 View Post
    see ya ho! Btw a qtip & rubbing alcohol fixes the headphone issue.
    Most, if not all, of the fixes are only temporary. They headphone jack has a design flaw in it that can't be fixed. The more you use the jack, the more likely it is to get the metal prong stuck and thus stuck in headset mode.

Until they swap vendors for the headset module they use in their phones, the Palm products will have the same issue.
    ...quite extraordinary, perhaps?
    Has this happened with several different pairs of headphones? Or do you just have one magical pair that continues to break your various Pre?
    I get issues with build quality, needing other features, ect.

But many of us have the headphone issue (I've had it happen 2-3 times). And, like you said, it's a temporary problem when it comes up: you fiddle with it a bit, and it goes back to normal.

(Your mileage may vary: Q-tips, unplugging, mute/unmute, ect.)

Isn't getting rid of the phone a bit of an overstep? I mean, no device is perfect. I have had other devices (laptops, mp3 players, ect.) that have their own quirks and issues. It's up to you, of course, but the headphone jack problem seems pretty low key to shell out for a new phone.

My two cents. Good luck with whatever you do.
    this happened to me with my first pre, and now again with my 2nd pre so i bought a Bluetooth stereo headset and problem solve.
    I'm on my third pre.

Am I the only person that loves it when I get a replacement? That little dent from dropping it, the scratch from who knows what...all gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Has this happened with several different pairs of headphones? Or do you just have one magical pair that continues to break your various Pre?
    I use the headphones that come with the phone, always using the new one just in case it was the old ones causing the problem.
    Wow you guys are a little tough on the OP. I've had this happen on 2 of my 5 Pres, and all your little comments on your little fixes are not the solution to the problem. The problem is the build, that's it plain and simple. Palm knows it a problem now they need to fix it, its that easy. Now why don't some of you step outside for some fresh air.
    Nobody likes a "quiter".
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Nobody likes a "quiter".
    Awesomeness.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.