View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 112 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 4493
    I've had the same Pre since July, but now when my ringtone plays or I play music, some of the sounds are absent. It's odd. It's like when you pull headphones halfway out of the jack and all the sound isn't there. I need to go to the Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    If you're using the headphone jack I would bet that is the problem. The tech told me the jack gets fatigued and starts to fail. They might be able to fix it. I can't remember. If they offer to replace your phone though... Let's just say I hope they can fix your existing phone. My first one lasted a long time.

G..
    I have coined a new phrase for people like you.

Ready?

HyPREchondriac
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    It's cool - misunderstands happens.. Well, the sprint store said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my 1st Pre.. And I doubt the power button was bad because I had no problem turning it on and off..
    Can you remind me what happened to the first Pre causing it's need to be exchanged. (If this is difficult to articulate, I don't really need to know. I'm just curious as it might help each of us if we can understand what the original problem was.

As for my 2nd Pre, like I said before, it had happened only once - few days later after I exchanged.. And the power button is just like my 1st Pre, I have had no problem turning it on and off..
    I think I'm getting closer to "piecing together" the original story that I probably misread. If the power button did not respond "just once" with the 2nd pre, it's likely that your device was being unresponsive because too many programs/applications were opened at once. You might have had one application misbehaving. I know I saw exactly this when I had Sprint Navigation running in a card and I was trying to do other stuff at the same time. Nothing was responsive (except going into and out of card view) until I flicked away the Sprint Nav card. After that, everything was responsive. I think you likely had something similar happen, but you were too new to the device to be able to debug/isolate what the cause was.

Although I do not know much about Pre but I doubt it's related to power button.. Because opening the slider did not turn it on..
    I think you and I still have some confusion here. On my Pre, if the screen is off, I can get the screen to turn on when I open the slider. Does yours do the same thing or does it still stay off? (Maybe there is a setting to make this behave one way or the other?)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5.    #2225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    ..this morning...the alarm didn't go off.

Then there was a phone call I'd missed with the phone being right next to me....
    G,

This post, as it is, goes in the general complaints thread.

If you want to post a thread for "Is anyone having a problem with alarms not going off?", post that in the general Pre area. Good question.

Are you able to play music? In Sounds and Ringtones, do the ringtones play when you are setting them and click play?

The phone not ringing issue may be with Sprint. If the signal fades for a second while the call comes in, it may go to voicemail. Then you get a beep that you have a voicemail.

I hope that you do post threads about the alarm tones and ringtone volumes.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    The post was about a number of problems of late with Sprint. Not problems that had been around all along. I wouldn't think I'd get any reaction in a problem area. I have never even been here till my post got moved here today.

I just got my 6th Pre today when they couldn't figure out why the speaker went out cold to rings. It still worked on voice mail in speaker mode. I think that is a pretty serious issue. They offered me any phone in the store but I once more stuck with the Pre.

If anything else goes I will probably change to another phone or switch carriers so I have a wider choice.

Thanks for any input on this problem. It didn't need to be buried on a general problems post in my opinion.

G..
  7. m_2
    I bought my Palm Pre Plus last night and as soon as I got home I noticed this orange kind of blemish on the screen. So I exchanged it this morning and left happy with what seemed like a perfectly functioning Pre Plus.

I get home and I notice it again but this one is smaller and more towards the top of the screen. It was not there at first. Maybe it is from the heat produced by the handset? It does seem to get really warm pretty fast. I really like this phone but this is my 2nd handset in less than 24 hrs and they have had the same problem. Any insight?

edit:
    Ok I left the phone alone for a bit and I'm pretty sure the orange blemish has gone down a bit. It seems to be much more noticeable when the phone is running hot. Or I could just be tricking myself into thinking that because I'd love to keep this phone
    Last edited by m_2; 02/09/2010 at 12:40 PM.
    Is it just my Pre or is text not working today?

Edit: Never mind, I found the problem..
    Last edited by GridIron21; 02/09/2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Friday I left AT&T to pick up a Palm Pre on Sprint. Today is Tuesday and I returned to AT&T because Sprint signal sucks everywhere I go. And I live in a metropolitan area of over 1 million people. I never had issues with AT&T signal so I'll just wait to see which webOS devices come to AT&T.

I also hope build quality improves -- it's disturbing to feel the screen wobble sideways when the device is closed. And all the plastic just feels CHEAP. I really hope Palm can pull through because I really like webOS. I just don't like how cheap the Pre feels; the feel does not inspire confidence over the device's ability to last two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by liteon163 View Post
    Friday I left AT&T to pick up a Palm Pre on Sprint. Today is Tuesday and I returned to AT&T because Sprint signal sucks everywhere I go. And I live in a metropolitan area of over 1 million people. I never had issues with AT&T signal so I'll just wait to see which webOS devices come to AT&T.

I also hope build quality improves -- it's disturbing to feel the screen wobble sideways when the device is closed. And all the plastic just feels CHEAP. I really hope Palm can pull through because I really like webOS. I just don't like how cheap the Pre feels; the feel does not inspire confidence over the device's ability to last two years.
    why nto verison with the better phone?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I've heard this signal issue afflicts the Pre Plus on Verizon as well. And I've never had any issues with AT&T signal. I can just wait to see what happens when the Pre Plus comes to AT&T. Hopefully the 3G/GSM chip is better than the EV-DO/CDMA version.

I'm also hoping the hardware is tightened up by the time it comes to AT&T. I will NOT accept hardware as cheap feeling as the Pre I had on Sprint. If Palm doesn't step up their game I may end up getting a next- generation iPhone in June.
    I've heard this signal issue afflicts the Pre Plus on Verizon as well. And I've never had any issues with AT&T signal. I can just wait to see what happens when the Pre Plus comes to AT&T. Hopefully the 3G/GSM chip is better than the EV-DO/CDMA version.
    According to my understanding, it should be less of a problem (perhaps not even a problem) as that penetrates buildings better than CDMA does

I'm also hoping the hardware is tightened up by the time it comes to AT&T. I will NOT accept hardware as cheap feeling as the Pre I had on Sprint.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. If you are educated in how to spot defects at the time of purchase, you should be able to get a Pre that you'll be happy with. (To be quite honest with you, my launch day Sprint Pre has a little oreo but not enough that I even notice it.) Sticking with your "I will NOT accept [cheap] hardware" approach is healthy, but if it keeps you out of the best phone for your needs, then you've sort of defeated yourself. If you start with a good phone, oreo'ing won't be a deal breaker for you.

If Palm doesn't step up their game I may end up getting a next- generation iPhone in June.
    Only get the iPhone if Apple steps up their game significantly compared with Palm. The Pre is a joy to use and will have lots of PDK apps by the time you make the switch. Steve Jobs would have to demo the thing while walking on water in order to get me to switch!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have been through 4 Palm Pre's and my last one was the indiciation I had to switch. I had some serious failure on my last pre. The pre would randomly go offline, and not receive calls and drain battery at an alarming rate. I took the phone to the Sprint Store, but since this process was random they could diagnose the issue, and had no fix. I did simple fixes such as re-wiping my pre, and starting over. I didn't run homebrew or patches. Now as of last week, the Pre doesn't charge when connected to the charger, and now doesn't turn on. I have been using this pre for 5 and half months. It is frustrating, how will I get through the next 19 months? My pre was a phone, but went offline and became an ipod touch, and now doesn't turn on, so it is a paper weight. This pre didn't act up before, so I don't understand what is going on. I wanted a cool phone, but I'm going to be buying a BB Tour off eBay. I really wanted the Hero, but there are so many mixed reviews, it reminded me of the pre, and I really need my phone to be a good phone, and not an ipod touch. I did contact Palm Technical Support over their chat, and they were no help either, the pre is reminding me of the early days of the Treo 600, and the uprise of RIM.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    @sudoer: Thanks for the thoughtful reply.
    Ok so my third Pre froze 2 days ago! It was a refurbished model and I only had this one about 2 weeks...the one before that lasted about a month & 1/2. This is becoming sooo exasperating!! Those of you who have had similar crashes know what I am talking about...it drains your energy having to go to the sprint store every dang time and wait,wait, wait. I didn't even go to store this time just called retentions. They flashed my old dinosaur Treo to my # for now....of course, none of my contacts are on it...my daughter used it for awhile so I have all of hers but not mine. What I want now is to have it replaced with a new one this time...no more refurb. crap. Of course they say they will only give me a refurb. but I am done with that! This is costing me way too much in time and stress. I have my own business that relies heavily on being available to my associates which sure isn't happening now! Have 5 lines on my plan been with sprint for12+ yrs.
    Does anyone think that I am expecting too much. I love Pre and don't want to give up on it yet...just want to have a new one which I paid top dollar for back in July. Sprint Rep tells me one of my other lines is eligible for upgrade so I could use that and buy a new pre and switch it to my #. Yeah, sure BUY a new one?!?! It would only cost me $149.00 with the upgrade!!
    So I need advice because I am seriously shopping for another carrier and am planning on dumping this one 2 yr contracts and all. At this point I really don't give a s___ what it does to my credit rating. I just need peace of mind and I sure don't have it now. I actually cried about it when this one froze...crying over a phone? I am losing it!

Oh, did I mention that I am on my third touchstone which doesn't work either...goes dingdong dingdong dingdong as soon as charged usually around 2 am! They won't exchange it again since it has been more than 30 days since I bought it. Just got it in Nov. this third one I have only had about 3 wks.
    Last edited by tntdean; 02/11/2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: forgot to mention touchstone
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I'm just so fed up with the sluggish performance and painful email experience. I have an ipod touch, and nobody ever claimed the iphone is the ultimate email device, but it works and syncs so much darn faster than my Pre. I forgot what it was like processing volumes of email on my old Treo.

If I wasn't stuck on a contract, I think I'd try out android, or wait until iphone gets off at&T. Sure, flash 'coming' and 3d games are cute, but if you can process email and are embarassed as to how long it takes to book appointments, than it defeats the purpose of the basics.
    Mark F Chinsky
    I finally played with a working Pre at a sprint store.
    Ok, whatever.
    Bells and whistles I suppose.
    I know, 15 minutes isn't justifiable for an opinion.
    But all I can say is I don't see any reason for me to upgrade.

So you see where this old timer is coming from - I don't care for the iphone either.

I'm sorry, but I am totally content with my Gsm Treo Pro.
    Just call me Berd.
    awesome! It's 12 pm and my batter is already at 30%!!
    Get used to that. That's probably doing better than mine did...
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    going to have to take my pre plus back to best buy..
    I could live the the keyboard sometimes double lettering, but now when I close the keyboard the whole device shuts down. I love the phone and am worried about the build quality of my next pre!