View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 110 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4493
    Contacts ****ing sucks.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spuntz82 View Post
    I was one of those loyal Palm users who waited in line for 6 hours when the Pre came out, and to see the Palm Pre Plus not available to sprint is such bull****. I cant even began to express how ****ed I am about this!!
    Just throwing this out there...

I think palm is milking the phones, they have to.
    milking? would you expect to see brand spanking new models come out on verizon six months after the Pre's release on Sprint? You get the mid year refresh and the new model comes to sprint maybe sometime late spring, early summer.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    i dropped my phone from the second floor to the pavement below, the phone has a case but that is a long fall, nothing really happened to the phone besides a couple of small scratches, luck huh? I enjoy my pre and the fact that i can have multiple applications opened.

Does anyone have any idea when the apps for the pre will be getting better? i recently downloaded a scanning barcode app for the pre. I mean.........really? how did this app get on there? is there a reason we cant have an actual scanning app that works? or how about shazam? im not requesting to have 18,000 apps i am just requesting some quality. countless amount of calculator apps that arent free? are you funking kidding me? not only are they not free but why so many of them? is the pre community benounced to me all mathematicians? omg i just opened my app catalog........ $5!!! for an on screen keyboard!!?

I dont want to be that guy who is complaining and moaning, again i will state i like my pre, <edit> (home brew developers have some better apps, but IMO nothing special just bland material)

Just because i own a pre and am a member in this community does not mean i cannot complain about the apps in my pre, i refuse to be cookie cutter member who only says positive things about his phone. I have dislikes and would like to share them in a constructive manner which i feel i have done.

Am i wrong here? does the app catalog actually have great apps? are you scrolling down that list and saying to yourself...............wow these are some great apps! my bro has a google nexus (I am not saying i want that phone) comparing apps.............well basically there is no comparison. Of course the palm pre needs time to grow, i understand. Palm do something because the only time i open up your app catalog is to engage in uprorious laughter.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/03/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    The plastic on this thing is very cheap at least the screen portion I have a scratch from it being in my pocket with nothing else being in there. Oh well they don't even have screen protector's for the new Plus, I doubt I would use it anyway.
    I used a custom cut Best Skins Ever and haven't looked back. Also keep it in the pouch palm supplied.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    The plastic on this thing is very cheap at least the screen portion I have a scratch from it being in my pocket with nothing else being in there. Oh well they don't even have screen protector's for the new Plus, I doubt I would use it anyway.
    I had my Pre for 6 months and stuck it in my pocket everyday. The thing still looks like new. I do believe that screen protectors are mostly just a scam. OK. They may protect the screen -- but at the cost of looking worse than a totally abused screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    Just throwing this out there...

I think palm is milking the phones, they have to.
    Sprint will get the "Plus" versions too, after a short Verizon exclusive. It's just the second generation of the device. After that, if Palm is still in business (I hope!) they'll have a "Plus Plus" version or whatever. 3rd generation. Look at how Apple upgraded the iPhone incrementally. That's the model for future upgrade cycles for devices. Up the capacity, add a new feature, and sell it like it's the Second Coming of Jesus.
    Verizon
    my pre wifi won't recognize my home wifi, this just started this morning had been ok for months, auto ip settings are on, but can't recognize my ip settings, I have tried to manually install ip settings, etc. still didn't work, wifi is working fine on my laptop.
    today I had my first "panic" problem with my o2 Pre used here in Italy.
    Out of home this very morning to go to work, I used my Pre normally to check news and various other things during my trip to the office, then once in office, I push the power button and....nothing, nada, zero. it simply won't turn on again.
    the Pre was on and running but went dead in no time. very strange.
    I tried to wake up the device conneting it first via usb on the pc. then to the wall plug and still...nothing!!!!!!!
    I'm very very unpleased with those kind of problems...
    To solve, I needed to pull apart the touchstone cover (difficulty, given the internal patch), pull off the battery and then pull on again.
    Then the Pre started again with no problem but this incident scared the hell out me!!!!!!!!!!!
    Damn Palm! what about a little longer stress tests and quality control before
    launchibg a ****in phone????
    I could live with oreo and tape under the gesture touch zone, but not with those off/on problems!
    This was the first time it happened in 4 months, but I'm not that happy with this one. Definitely not happy.
    if the pre plus is considered gen 2, it's just sad. It's more like the mid year refresh after realizing they had some flaws they needed to correct. When a new model comes to Sprint, I'd be expecting something a bit better than the Pre Plus. That would just be a joke. Sprint should get a true second gen device that eclipses the Plus by a decent margin. Especially if they want to push forward against the 2nd gen Android phones running 2.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Sprint will get the "Plus" versions too, after a short Verizon exclusive. It's just the second generation of the device. After that, if Palm is still in business (I hope!) they'll have a "Plus Plus" version or whatever. 3rd generation. Look at how Apple upgraded the iPhone incrementally. That's the model for future upgrade cycles for devices. Up the capacity, add a new feature, and sell it like it's the Second Coming of Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessea2503 View Post
    my pre wifi won't recognize my home wifi, this just started this morning had been ok for months, auto ip settings are on, but can't recognize my ip settings, I have tried to manually install ip settings, etc. still didn't work, wifi is working fine on my laptop.
    Remove the wifi settings on your phone, reset your router, then turn on wifi on your phone & reselect your network.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Is there a way to get more icons on the "home screen" rather than going to the pull up menu everytime?
    My Pre clock/watch/whatever is 2 minutes fast and it is really bothering me. I 1) don't understand how it can be fast (isn't that set by Verizon??), and 2) would like to know if there is a way to change it.

My Mac says: 2:36 (and is correct according to the million 'clock' sites)
    My Pre says: 2:38

*strangles nearest bystander*
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    alright I know I'm supposed to disable my AIM to help battery life, but I still use it a lot and it's a feature on the phone. Does anybody else have huge problems with it? I get each message 3 times and the timestamps seem to be off by about... Two and a half hours. Should I bring in the phone? Or is that typical.
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenix89 View Post
    My Pre clock/watch/whatever is 2 minutes fast and it is really bothering me. I 1) don't understand how it can be fast (isn't that set by Verizon??), and 2) would like to know if there is a way to change it.

My Mac says: 2:36 (and is correct according to the million 'clock' sites)
    My Pre says: 2:38

*strangles nearest bystander*
    It is a well known problem which Palm is aware of. If they don't fix it with the next update I will be surprised and disappointed. My work around is to turn Airplane Mode off then on, with Network Time selected. Seems to result in the network time being reset to the correct value within a couple of minutes. It has to be be redone every couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessea2503 View Post
    I don't know if it's because it won't recognize, it just doesn't connect?

I sounds more like you have used your phone to connect to multiple WiFi spots. If the ESSID (NAME OF WIFI) is the same as somewhere else, I have seen issues. Or at one place lets say your Wifi name is WifiAccessHere without security, and at your house it's WifiAccessHere with security, it will cause issues because of course you may configure it for the Security, but that security doesn't exist in the other place.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    My phone is almost 7 months old and sprint had put a new battery in my phone but it is starting to have major problems... It constantly turns off and wont reboot without battery pulls. Then when you are typing on it the plastic makes cracking sounds from being cheap.. The phone is lagging at times pretty bad until I do a hard reset.. This is starting to get to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    My phone is almost 7 months old and sprint had put a new battery in my phone but it is starting to have major problems... It constantly turns off and wont reboot without battery pulls. Then when you are typing on it the plastic makes cracking sounds from being cheap.. The phone is lagging at times pretty bad until I do a hard reset.. This is starting to get to me.
    Tiako, I'd recommend that you run WebOS Doctor on your phone to eliminate the possibility that software is causing the problems. If the problems persist, bring the phone in and ask for a replacement ASAP. Good luck!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mastacontrola View Post
    I don't know if it's because it won't recognize, it just doesn't connect?

I sounds more like you have used your phone to connect to multiple WiFi spots. If the ESSID (NAME OF WIFI) is the same as somewhere else, I have seen issues. Or at one place lets say your Wifi name is WifiAccessHere without security, and at your house it's WifiAccessHere with security, it will cause issues because of course you may configure it for the Security, but that security doesn't exist in the other place.
    Maybe your WiFi router and your phone have different ideas of what the DHCP lease is. Rebooting both your router and your phone (router first) might clear things up.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!