View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 109 of 225 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by splitz View Post
    Pre2009 - If by one of the 36% of respondents who have had to replace their Pre is unlucky, well then I guess I am.
    You could also say "of the 130 respondeders that did have to get a replacement, out of the 1,000,000+ sold". It's all in the spin.
    I think the Pre is a really nice device. WebOs 1.3.5.1 performs well and seems to have solved 97% of the annoying issues encountered when I first purchased the device in mid-December. Since 1.3.5 I've only had too many cards once or twice, both times while having the Forbes app open. I am really impressed with how quickly Palm has improved the device in the short time I've had it. I am looking forward to 1.4 and full motion video.

I miss docs to go premium (especially excel) and pocket quicken from my old treo 650 (that device was a battle hardened war horse!). But on the flip side, I love Pre multi-tasking, excellent browsing experience, wifi, 3G, push e-mail (exchange and yahoo), tasks, contacts, built-in GPS, excellent camera, sprint nav, google maps, pandora, and yes, even the much maligned music player.

About once a week on average I reset the phone, usually to get the GPS to work again. To me, used to palm os crashing periodically and having to reboot windows every so often, I don't think that is outrageous. I had to restart the iphone occasionally when I had it, and know occasionally even the BB has to be reset. Compared to the BB, the Pre appears immature, but the Pre is way cooooooler. Battery life is short. The touchstone charger helps address that. I have one at work and really like how it works to enhance the device.
    Just joined the Pre family on the 18th. Love the phone so far. I was looking at the HTC Hero but the lack of physical keyboard, lack flash on the camera(kind of a waste for a 5MP camera), and what felt to me like a bulky size; I decided to go with the Pre. Love the phone and I checked my Warranty/Manufacture date with no refurb and it was around mid October, so I'm guessing I have a pretty new model. Battery isn't too horrible, I've seen better from my old Curve, but I kind of expected that with how underpowered the BlackBerrys are. I use WiFi whenever I am home and I usually have pretty decent signal when I'm out during the day. Last I was out from 6:30PM until 1:30AM, checked the App Store, messaged some people, got a couple emails, watched probably around an hours worth of video and the phone was at about 13% around 5AM when I finally plugged it in.

My only real concern is the wiggle.
    I know this is probably an overstated issue, and I shouldn't worry with my newer model, but I am pretty OCD about my phones, and I don't want my 90 days to pass just to have it break on the 95th day and leave me a busted phone and Sprint's corporate customer care *shudder*. It is a very slight wiggle, only about 1-2mm as most people have said on here, just bugs me a lot, but If that is normal then I can learn to deal with it.

Appreciate the peace of mind
    Always thought phones had a 1yr warranty, not 90 day.
    It's 90 days to return to the retailer I bought it through. The year is to go with Sprint/Palm warranty which will leave me without a phone for almost a month while they repair/replace it.
    I've never had warranty service like that. Most of the time it's been in store turn around if they have refurbs in stock or a couple days to get one in. Sometimes they'd mail me a replacement with a return label.
    Regardless, I would like some opinions on the wiggle in the new models. If it's now a normal thing, or If I should go back to the store and have them swap it.
    My phone has slight side to side movement, more pronounced at either end (I measured it: 1 mm). When held in the middle, there is almost none.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbygano View Post
    ... My only real concern is the wiggle.
    I know this is probably an overstated issue, and I shouldn't worry with my newer model, but I am pretty OCD about my phones, ...
    ... It is a very slight wiggle, only about 1-2mm as most people have said on here, just bugs me a lot, but If that is normal then I can learn to deal with it.
    Hello gibbygano,
    I believe most Pre's will get a little looser after you have had them for a while. I also believe all (at least all the non "plus") Pre's can be forced into an oreo position. If yours is new and is already loosly oreo'ing, I'd bring it into a Sprint store and ask to have it replaced/fixed under warranty. I'm not sure what retailer you bought it from, but as long as it's a Sprint phone, Sprint will honor the replacement. I know you said 90 days for the retailer you bought from, so see if Sprint will replace your phone with a new one from stock (or a new one they order) within either the 30 or 90 day period. Don't wait 90 days only to have them tell you the retail store will only honor 30 days. Beyond the initial 30 day period, the store will usually order you a refurbished replacement. Also, be polite but firm in the store and if they can't help, say thank you and try another store. Go to corporate stores if possible (as the "Sprint store by XXX Wireless" ones are franchises, and they can't/wont help as much). If several stores tell you that your phone has a small and normal amount of oreo, you can either live with that or try and switch to a cheaper Pixi if you don't mind not having Wifi. Sorry this was so long, but I hope there's something to help you in here!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    for some reason even where there is nothing open sometimes when i try to launch any app the too many message pops up, causing me to have to restart the device
    So I went back to the store that I bought my Pre at today and took a look at some of the other ones they had in stock (I'm friends with a couple of the employees and the manager so I called first to make sure I wasn't going to be a pain).
    I tried their store demo model, which was looser than mine as they have had it since launch so it was used often and also the original model. Then I tried a packaged unopened one and it was almost worse then their display model.
    I have come to accept that this wiggle is normal of the Pres, even the new models, and I just snagged my self a nice plastic cover and now the wiggle is all but gone.
    Just thought I would post this to help out any other late adopters of the pre who were concerned theirs might be defective...1-2mm or less IS perfectly normal, if it bothers you(like it did me)just grab a case for it and problem solved.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Been using mine for 90 days now and it been pretty solid, first couple of weeks the slider felt great and since then it gone looser.

I dont use the keyboard much at all, probably sent less than 30 text messages in its lifetime and yet its started to feel a bit too wobbly. So even though Ive been very careful and even avoided sliding out the keyboard to call someone (scrolled in contacts instead) its now a bit more than what should be accepted.

Its not nice that it wobbles while tapping the screen with the keyboard shut. I hope that Palm will adress this issue as they can't keep on selling Pre's with this construction failure or they will go under.

Also noticed that its pretty much unusable in Scandinavian winter climate, touchscreen becomes unresponsive probably due low humidity coupled with freezing point temperatures.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Its not nice that it wobbles while tapping the screen with the keyboard shut.
    That's probably too loose. Oreo'ing is one thing and pretty normal but excessive looseness the way you describe doesn't seem normal. How convenient are O2 stores to where you live (or did you travel to another country to get the phone)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Also noticed that its pretty much unusable in Scandinavian winter climate, touchscreen becomes unresponsive probably due low humidity coupled with freezing point temperatures.
    That's an interesting data point. Have you been able to find any others who can corroborate your observation? Thanks.
    I have a question. Does anybody know of a good quality Pre carrying case, maybe with velcro, that will attach my Pre to my arm while I am out jogging? I have a clip on case for a belt but haven't seen anything for someone who wants to use their Pre while they are running outside. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
    I'm looking for an app that can identify music when played or hummed for the Plam Pre Plus. Something like "MusicID" or "Midomi". I miss not being able to "id" a song when its played on the radio. Please, if anyone knows of such an app, let me know. Thanks.
    Can someone make a patch where if you make a 3-way call (conference call), you have to hang up the whole telephone in order to talk to the 1st caller again. And you can't make another 3-way call until you hang up and clear both lines. With the PALM Centro, you can make as many 3-way calls as possible. A patch for that would be great. Thanks
  17. KTM
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    What is up with the speaker on the Pre crackle yesterday and no sound today
    this will bee my 5th relacement for the same thing should i go to Palm they are 2 min. down the road from me and stick it in there face WHY DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THIS PHONE EVERY 40 days O r just drive 30 min. to the Sprint store this is getting really old now and the phone is only 6 months old
    Having fun
    Quote Originally Posted by KTM View Post
    What is up with the speaker on the Pre crackle yesterday and no sound today
    this will bee my 5th relacement for the same thing should i go to Palm they are 2 min. down the road from me and stick it in there face WHY DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THIS PHONE EVERY 40 days O r just drive 30 min. to the Sprint store this is getting really old now and the phone is only 6 months old
    KTM, I'm curious about the speakers blowing on you on 4 phones so far. Do you need to play audio through the speaker at a loud volume (for instance, you use the phone in a noisy environment and cannot wear headphones)? How bad is the crackle. I notice that my voice quality on calls sometimes seems distorted, but then I listened to the voicemail message prompts and they were clear as day. It seemed weird to me, but maybe the speaker isn't actually blown, but just that the voice quality through the phone is often bad. If you think your environment/usage of the phone might be contributing to blown speakers, as them at the Sprint/carrier store if they have phones that work well for your usage/environment. I'm sure they'd rather see you happy than coming back every month.
    My screen broke but they are sending me a new one. Cost $100
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    i just got my pre and theres a white dot thats faint in the bottom right corner of screen, im assuming the pixels are messed up, will that go away or should i return it?