View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 104 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    It may not be his fault. There's no way to know, but these threads are a waste of time. No one cares if I or they stay or go. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to announce it.
    I would announce it.
    I always wanted to know how many cars there will be behind my hearse.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Good luck with new device. But a little patience might have paid off. 1.3.5 has us back on the map and I think in many respects ahead of the pack.

EA
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I think the guy has a right to say whaterver he wants to say. You knew what it was gonna be before you clicked on the link if u didnt want to read it you didn't have to. I like the pre so far but I would be pretty frustrated if I had to replace it several times and you gotta admit it does seem pretty flimsily built. Its the only phone ive ever had that i wouldn't keep in my pocket for fear of cracking the screen or breaking it somehow. I'm not necessarily gonna assume its the persons fault if they had to replace it a few times.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    *sigh*

You guys complain about his post but many of yours are far more worthless.

To the OP:
    Thanks for posting. I've been thinking a lot about doing the same thing. If Sprint had a better Android phone I'm sure I would, so I'll be interested to hear if you like the moment. I'm on my 4th Pre. It has the oreo-effect, rather badly. The battery life is terrible. Monopoly crashes every other time I play. Apps are slow to load. I could go on. I really want to like WebOS and I certainly want to stick with Sprint but I feel much the way you do. It seems like many of these folks have made WebOS some sacred member of their family that cannot possibly be criticized. For me, the Pre is just a phone. I bought it the day it came out and have tried to love it. I can certainly live with it if I have to but it's honestly a disappointing experience.

Thanks for letting me know there are options for folks like us.
    Last edited by Pupator; 01/11/2010 at 10:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
    *sigh*

To the OP:
    Thanks for posting. I've been thinking a lot about doing the same thing. If Sprint had a better Android phone I'm sure I would, so I'll be interested to hear if you like the moment. I'm on my 4th Pre. It has the oreo-effect, rather badly. The battery life is terrible. Monopoly crashes every other time I play. Apps are slow to load. I could go on. I really want to like WebOS and I certainly want to stick with Sprint but I feel much the way you do. It seems like many of these folks have made WebOS some sacred member of their family that cannot possibly be criticized. For me, the Pre is just a phone. I bought it the day it came out and have tried to love it. I can certainly live with it if I have to but it's honestly a disappointing experience.

Thanks for letting me know there are options for folks like us.
    ..........soooooooo..........

I guess we will all be graced with your rant soon in your own personal thread?....

ohhhhweeeee I CANT WAIT!!!!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Wow. An insult from a guy who calls himself "superman." How will I go on living?

I don't know if you realize this Steve, but you are actually not obligated to read every post of every thread on this site. If you don't like posts where people complain about aspects of the Pre or WebOS, perhaps you should consider not reading the thread titled "Threw in the towel on Web OS."

But not only did you read it - you posted to it. And then, you came back, read some more, and posted again. You need to get off your high horse pretending that you're any better than we who complain when you sit on threads like these and look for opportunities to complain about our complaining.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    These threads are getting humorous. We get one starter post from a Pre owner that was unhappy with the phone then we get loads of "I don't care" posts. Asssuming these posters truly don't care about the OP leaving the Pre they must be a little miffed about the number of posts taking up space on the board. Who is truly taking up the most space and causing more clutter? These threads would be waaay shorter and those of us who would like to simply skim through would have less to read.

I will agree that a mindless rant post doesn't help anyone but there have been many threads that contained some useful info for those out there that "do care".

Only real way to not care is click back and move along.

Anyways. The wood is starting to creak under my feet. Gonna hop back down now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesarswc13 View Post
    I want file editing :-( Im really suffering :-( cause of this :-(
    Me too. It IS coming. You know, you can use Palm OS classic on the phone for text editing if you really want to, but hey, both you and I would rather use the webos text editing solution. It's funny, I have Classic so I can text edit, but I just would rather wait. I'm an *****, I know.
    *sigh*

To the OP:
    Thanks for posting. I've been thinking a lot about doing the same thing. If Sprint had a better Android phone I'm sure I would, so I'll be interested to hear if you like the moment.
    I think you're missing the point. "Farewell" posts might be approrpiate for folks that have been around for years with hundreds or thousands of posts (though I personally wouldn't leave on). Not so much for people with 5. Most of us are here to discuss the Pre and/or WebOS. Nothing wrong with a "this is what I didn't like and why I changed" post, but not in a new thread.

As far as you being interested hear if someone likes the Moment; I'm sure there are discussiion forums for that. This ain't it.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Doesn't matter to me how many posts he has, frankly. He started posting in August. I think four+ months is enough time spent with a phone to understand its strengths and weaknesses. He and I are in the same boat - bought the Pre - wanted to like the Pre - have been disappointed. I've been thinking about doing what he did (switching to Android) and it's nice to hear the experience of someone who switched from the Pre to an Andriod phone. It seems like this is a perfectly reasonable place to come hear about that experience, and lookie lookie -the thread exists.

You would prefer he hijack someone else's post to write "this is what I didn't like and why I changed"? Yeah, right. The moment he does that you slam him for thread-jacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post
    These threads are getting humorous. We get one starter post from a Pre owner that was unhappy with the phone then we get loads of "I don't care" posts. Asssuming these posters truly don't care about the OP leaving the Pre they must be a little miffed about the number of posts taking up space on the board. Who is truly taking up the most space and causing more clutter? These threads would be waaay shorter and those of us who would like to simply skim through would have less to read.

I will agree that a mindless rant post doesn't help anyone but there have been many threads that contained some useful info for those out there that "do care".

Only real way to not care is click back and move along.

Anyways. The wood is starting to creak under my feet. Gonna hop back down now.
    Great, i'll step up for a moment

Your post is dead on. I said it before and this bears repeating. Some are perfectly happy with mediocrity and it's really amazing they are. I am not. I dropped my large account with VZW to switch to Sprint, mostly because of a service issue where I live.
    I purchased the Pre and the service while I had my VZW account with 5 phones + aircard. Sprint had better coverage where I lived so I said see ya VZW.

I ported over 5 MDN's and purchased 5 phones plus an aircard. I'm in this for a big CHUNK of change. My bill is $250/month + now. Fine, I can live with that.

I feel let down by Palm and partially Sprint. As others have said I want this phone to work, I really do but having done Q/A and software life cycles I can tell you this phone has some amazing potential but it was not ready for primetime at launch date.

It's too simplistic to say "just leave Sprint" because the handset doesn't work. Essentially some are becoming Sprint f a n b o y's and don't dare diss their beloved phone. I simply can't fathom mediocrity and settling for substandard service or hardware. I do accept shortcomings if the customers needs are being addressed.

The new features are very interesting and I look forward to them. However, tighten what you have before you launch and everything else falls in to place.

Example: EAS worked before 1.3.5 for me. After 1.3.5 it didn't. This is an unacceptable QA failure. You test every time. You perform regression testing, every time. You QA this crap before it leaves, period.

On the flip side, I really like what I see from the homebrew community and the fact Sprint is embracing it openly. I'm hoping that one day soon I can start using the apps the folks have written but right now I have to have a phone that at least makes calls all the time.

Since i'm in bed so deeply with Sprint I can't just up and leave them right now. However dropping this handset for one with fewer features is also not an option.

Lets see if Palm and Sprint get it right.
    Last edited by Odd-Ball; 01/12/2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Doesn't matter to me how many posts he has, frankly. He started posting in August. I think four+ months is enough time spent with a phone to understand its strengths and weaknesses. He and I are in the same boat - bought the Pre - wanted to like the Pre - have been disappointed. I've been thinking about doing what he did (switching to Android) and it's nice to hear the experience of someone who switched from the Pre to an Andriod phone. It seems like this is a perfectly reasonable place to come hear about that experience, and lookie lookie -the thread exists.
    No, the thread didn't exist. He created it. There is an existing threa for "general complaints" (to which it has now been moved. That was the place for it.

You would prefer he hijack someone else's post to write "this is what I didn't like and why I changed"? Yeah, right. The moment he does that you slam him for thread-jacking.
    Well, thanks for deciding for me what I'd do if he had (though I don't think in the six years I've been here, and 3k+ posts, I've never accused someone of "thread-jacking", but then, what do I know about me...
    Wow. An insult from a guy who calls himself "superman." How will I go on living?

I don't know if you realize this Steve, but you are actually not obligated to read every post of every thread on this site. If you don't like posts where people complain about aspects of the Pre or WebOS, perhaps you should consider not reading the thread titled "Threw in the towel on Web OS."

But not only did you read it - you posted to it. And then, you came back, read some more, and posted again. You need to get off your high horse pretending that you're any better than we who complain when you sit on threads like these and look for opportunities to complain about our complaining.
    I agree 100%. These guys get bored, and start a mess when someone complains about the golden pre. You know it's funny, because they throw troll around alot, when in fact they do more trolling then anybody here. I mean if you spend your day searching within threads that you dont want to read, only to read and complain that it exists, thats kinda trolling about in my opinion.

Also, I like reading about why someone left, as I consider leaving everyday. And now that a moment lives here with me, it's even more tempting. I dont care much for anything about webos, It's limited and shallow for an operating system, although it is pretty. And if android had a small phone like the pre, I would bail also.
    Palm, I want to be able to pay for apps with Amex please. Thank you so much.
    Well, ultimately, you should have the phone that works best for you.

Right now, Palm is where Google was with the G1 a year ago. There are people who are moving to the Droid and the Nexus who have never had to deal with the shortcomings of the G1.

I think that regardless of whether you're Apple or Google or RIM, you are going to have people who like your phone and people that don't. A friend of mine that got the Pre is ready to hand it back because it doesn't have voice dial. It will, one day, but he needs it right now. I NEVER use voice dial. Personally I find it irritating. But that's me.

It's true, Palm has a phone that's still a work in progress. If you're fine with the functionality it provides then your happy. If your not, then your not.

Fact is the smartphone market is very competative, and very personal. If you don't like the Pre and you've moved on to another phone, that's fine. But accept the fact that there are people who LOVE the phone and wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world. It's personal and there's nothing you or I or anyone can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Palm, I want to be able to pay for apps with Amex please. Thank you so much.
    you know that's not a bad suggestion at all
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Might as well add Discover to that credit card list too- it's my "usual" credit card choice except for Palm apps.
    Hey Guys, just installed my precentral app which is pretty cool but since this is about general complaints, let me just post mine:

I find it absolutely ridiculous that pre users outside of the US don't get full access to the app catalog. Here in switzerland - now get this - I only see the free apps. I heard another guy say they were scared of credit card fraud. Hahaha, can I laugh? Is this some racist joke implying that all credit cards outside of the US are fake?

Looking at how people with iphones can buy their apps from everywhere around the world, and how much this has become a money machine, I find this totally weird behaviour by palm. Don't they want to make money. I would easily spend some good dollars on a couple of apps, so why does palm refuse my legitimate money?

a curious business decision indeed...
    Well, let me add my 2 cents. I dropped the pre for the hero. I loved the precious machine like my ex-gf. I still love both, quite frankly. But I am back to using my pre because this little devil has so much potentiality. But I feel like we, users are only being allowed to use 1/5th of the phone capabilities and it is quite regrettable. I am switching back to the hero pretty soon. I used the hero for about 3 months, hoping that by now, the pre would be decent enough for a tech savvy like me to use. I was wrong. The pre still haven't changed enough for me.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I don't have a problem with people who say that the Pre doesn't meet their needs, but I have a real problem with people who say that the Pre is a piece of **** or Palm is a **** company. Just because it doesn't meet your needs doesn't mean that it doesn't meet mine or that I must have low standards. The Pre works great for me. I've had my Pre since launch day with no hardware problems. The calling works well for me. I get all of my email (Gmail for business and AOL for personal) in one place. All of my calendars (6 on Google) sync fine and all of my contacts (Google, Facebook and LinkedIn) sync fine as well. What makes the Pre so great for me are the hombrew apps and patches. And I don't care whether they come from homebrew or from Palm, they work. One of the things that made the Treo a great phone was the ability to add third-party apps and the Pre has enhanced that ability. So, don't tell me that the Pre is a piece of ****; for me, it is the best phone I ever had and I love it!