View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 103 of 225 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4493
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    im the biggest palm supporter out there and believe me, these are NOT the most durable phones! i'm on my 3rd pre since july and my wife is on her 2nd. both of us had the earpiece speaker die and one of mine would just go to a random low resolution then just reset after being on for about 1 minute. 2 of my friends have pre's and both are on their 2nd or 3rd for various reasons as well. im sure (hope) they've made improvements with the pre+ however......
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Funny thing is I've had hardware issues with my Pre too and I was set on replacing it with a Hero... so I went to a Sprint store and waited in line. While I was waiting I messed with the Hero for about 30 minutes.

No way in HELL I could go from the WebOS experience to Android. I loved the build quality of the Hero but after being used to WebOS I think I'd end up hating the device. So now I am just on the road of trying to get my 2nd Pre replaced with high hopes the 3rd time will be the charm!

BTW I have serious overheating issue that causes serious light leakage all along the bottom of the screen.... Sprint sadly isn't convinced (at least the store I went to) that this is a issue that should be covered under warranty even though when I talked to Palm on the phone they clearly agreed (not ready to shell out $30 to get a refurb from Palm when it SHOULD be free).
    Personally, as a person far far away from US and Europe, i.e in Singapore, I really like to read about why people leave their palm pre or what grouses they have with palm pre. For us who are so far away, when we get a pre, it will be via a 3rd party courier of sorts and if you have any issues, it really troublesome for us to have ship our units back to the 3party shop who will ship to Germany and wait for a replacement.

Knowing all these information does help to make a more informed information about the build quality and how much I can tolerate the fear of getting a bad one here. I can also advise fellow interest palmers about potential issues they may face to help them make a better decision. If everyone who leaves pre just left silently, then we are in lah lah land non the wiser.

Luckily for me, I got my pre with shipped from germany via expansys and so far after 2-3 weeks, its still work very well for me.
    hey guys i was just wondering what is the loophole? Cause i never heard about it and how did you get a moment for free. Im really confused can someone please explain it to me? Thanks guys.
    ^^ what he asked. i'd switch to a moment for free
    ^^

what he said. i'd switch to a moment for free
    Im on my 1st Palm Pre since launch....wait not true, When i told a sprint contact that i bought it for $740.00 includng off contact and touch stone, he stated return it and I'd get you a Palm Pre for 99, I thought $99.00 , but when I got my 2nd Palm Pre for $0.99 cents on my bill, I have never thought of another carrier or phone, now that CES 2010 & 1.4 WebOS , im not leaving anytime soon, this is my opinion and I understand other people experiences and feelings, remember Palm Pre addicts/lovers/users, lets show the other communities no hard feelings...dont be harsh...dont be anything but Palm loving as we have received Palm love through what 8 over the air updates in 7 months with a phone that has as much capabilities......

Again I'm expressing my persona experience.

Adam
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I am the advocate for the Pre for one of the store in Sprint. I am alsothe advocate for the HTC Hero. The Hero is a great phone but after playing with the Pre first, I couldn't bear lose the Pre for the Hero, so I kept both. I love the apps in the Hero, BUT the fast email, texting, multiple apps, things that the rest lacks, I couldn't bear without it. I kept both, but really, If I had a choice to choose between the Pre or the Hero, I choose the Pre. I always recommend this website to all my customers, and they love it. They come back to my store and tell me how much they love their Pre even if they get replacements. NOw waiting for the WEBOS 1.4, I can't bear wait! I love Need for Speed app. I wouldn't dream of paying 10 bucks for an app, but IT WAS WORTH IT!! Comparing to Blackberrys, Android, the Pre Rocks!
    I'm kinda sore Verizon is getting the Pre. But is ok, we are getting 4G for this year in NY!! up to 10 megabits per second! 3G is top 1.3mbps.
    My main gripe is not being able to search the calendar. Because of this, I must carry my Palm Tungsten T5 as well as my Pre. That way, I can search the T5 to find out "when was my doctor's appt last year" or "when did I last talk with that customer" or "when did we have the roof installed," etc. I should be able to search the calendar for it on my Pre as I can with my T5, since it has my last 10 years' worth of appointments.

It should NOT be done as part of the normal search, as it would slow most other searching. However, there could be an option in the calendar to invoke a search of just the calendar. Or maybe better yet, an option in the search to do a one-time search of the calendar and then reset to preset sources. When I search the calendar, I DO NOT want it to look on the internet as well. If it did the contacts and memos too, that would be alright. They're internal and shouldn't take much time. But I need the calendar search.

As time goes on, it gets to be a chore to enter items into my Pre AND my T5, just so I can search for them on the T5.

Perhaps someone could write an app to do this? I'd buy it, if one existed. And if an app already does this, please let me know because I haven't seen one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy712 View Post
    Perhaps someone could write an app to do this? I'd buy it, if one existed. And if an app already does this, please let me know because I haven't seen one.
    The app is called Google Calendar Search and is available in the Homebrew App Catalogue. I use it and it works really well.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy712 View Post
    My main gripe is not being able to search the calendar.
    Surely, that must be there in the Pre Plus?

I really want one of these, but the calendar search is essential to answer questions like, 'When did I go to xxx?' or, 'When was that meeting with xxx?'.

I can't buy one if it doesn't have something as basic as that.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    The app is called Google Calendar Search and is available in the Homebrew App Catalogue. I use it and it works really well.
    Yes, but that seems to rely on you syncing with Google. Does that search the calendar data on the Pre itself or purely rely on data from Google?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Actually, it may have graduated. I couldn't find it in Preware, but did find it (for free) in the Palm App Catalog. Thanks!
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jred7o7 View Post
    hey guys i was just wondering what is the loophole? Cause i never heard about it and how did you get a moment for free. Im really confused can someone please explain it to me? Thanks guys.
    sh

I just wanted to share my story so others could possibly get some free stuff from sprint as well.. No harm fellas, no need to get the panties in a twist!

Sprint is going to start charging a 4.99 fee in january to anyone who has a spending limit and doesn't have auto pay. This change is a material change to your contract and you can exit sprint and get out of the contract and not pay the early term fee. I read about this here

as far as the people saying that my problems are user error????? my keyboard on the 3rd pre would get stuck when I would push the "e" and either just stick or type "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". My first pre had serious oreo, I lost all my contacts during one exchange because my backup (which was done correctly) failed. My last pre had a slowly deteriorating screen and the amount of dead pixels seemed to grow over time.

Either way sprint and the manager at the corp store bent over backwards to accommodate me... kudos to sprint!
    Hey thanks for the info on the loophole, but i was wondering how you got a free PHONE??? i would never expect to get a free phone. really intersting though like what did you say to them, please tell me. thanks and where did you find the 4.99 fee, cause i have spending limits and dont have auto pay. just curious.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    I can see maybe ur first one having issues with slider and stuff. But 5 bad sliders and sticky keyboards? I'm not trying to be a jerk but sounds like user error. I type a lot and I always slide my phone making sure I push it up so that it goes straight up and making sure I don't push to hard on one side to cause lose screen. I think after 4 you would be more careful. I'm not buying it I think it has something to do with how you used it rather than 5 bad phones. What are the odds they send you 5 bad pres. Well, slim to none good luck with your new phone. I love my pre and all other palm devices i've had
    I used to think the exact same thing until it happened to me. My Pre looks cosmetically flawless - no cracks, in tact USB cap, no scratches or scrapes, etc.

And the touch screen is dead. If I exchange it, it'll be my 3rd Pre. The 1st was broken by a Sprint CSR trying to get the battery out the day after I bought it.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I want file editing :-( Im really suffering :-( cause of this :-(
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I've had to return one of my previous Pre's for the same reason. I do type a lot on the phone.

Unfortunately, I've been through many Pres since launch day (you wouldn't believe me if I told you how many), though my current one seems pretty solid. I don't abuse my phones just use them normally. (By comparison I also use a Hero and have had zero issues with it.)

There are definitely build quality issues with the Pre so being nasty to this poster and insinuating that it somehow his fault is not constructive.
    Thanks clipcarl.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevintranca View Post
    i really don't like how the battery cover creaks when i press firmly against the back (while i'm texting)

does this problem go away if i get a touchstone back?
    Yes.