View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 102 of 225 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4493
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I would have went with the Hero, better front-end and voice search is enabled.

My Pre has still been rock solid (since July), I'm still convinced (since I work in BB Mobile) that there are very few issues with the Pre out there, so hardware wise, it's been pretty good for us. There will always be faults in a phone, however, nothing about the Pre has been widespread or common in terms of them being exchanged or returned.
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Didnt the Mods already ask for these threads not to be started... just annoying...
    Send this to the "I'm gonna give one last whine out the door" thread
    And with 5 posts... I think the OP is a troll anyway...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I wonder how these guys use their phones. How can a keyboard be sticky anyway?
    Lol now? After all the crap you've trudged though you quit now? Now while we're walking on sunshine?
    Bye.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Why do you feel the need to inform us? We can't do anything for you.
    Yes, the touchstone back is very good and seems to remove that problem. It's also a lot nicer to hold and gives the device a better look.
    See you later alligator.
    What is with these threads, honestly?
    Do you hope to lead some mass exodus away from palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preene View Post
    What is with these threads, honestly?
    Do you hope to lead some mass exodus away from palm?
    Many people have an uncontrolled desire to vent and pontificate on their negative experiences. Sometimes it's simply seeking attention. Sometimes it's a misinformed desire to "educate" others so that others can avoid the same "problems" that they had to go through. It's the same mindset that drives people to pass along chain letters and email hoaxes.

Some people have an over-inflated sense of self-importance in thinking that anyone on these boards cares one bit if they continue to use the Pre/Pixi. So they post a thread seeking people's reactions. When people respond, the OP gets what he/she was seeking: attention.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I personally don't blame you about the Pre's build quality(it took me a few tries to get it), but Android feels a tad unpolished to me and WebOS is just so easy to use! That, and I prefer my one-handed keyboard. Best of luck in your future Android endeavors though!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    5 Pres in 6 months?

I think you broke them all. Some people just like to complain.

I think the probability of getting 5 defective Pres are as low as winning the lottery. So, go buy a ticket and then you can complain about all that money you have to spend.

I'm on my first one since launch and never doctored. no problems..
    Yeah I don't get it.....lets sign up on a Pre website so I can tell everyone that I had nothing but bad luck with Pres and that I left and got an Android phone now? Ok!!?

Your title is misleading too, you didn't throw in the towel on WebOS, your threw in the towel on the PRE!
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I wonder how these guys use their phones. How can a keyboard be sticky anyway?
    I've had to return one of my previous Pre's for the same reason. I do type a lot on the phone.

Unfortunately, I've been through many Pres since launch day (you wouldn't believe me if I told you how many), though my current one seems pretty solid. I don't abuse my phones just use them normally. (By comparison I also use a Hero and have had zero issues with it.)

There are definitely build quality issues with the Pre so being nasty to this poster and insinuating that it somehow his fault is not constructive.
    It may not be his fault. There's no way to know, but these threads are a waste of time. No one cares if I or they stay or go. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to announce it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    It may not be his fault. There's no way to know, but these threads are a waste of time. No one cares if I or they stay or go. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to announce it.
    Then don't read it and don't clutter the forum with complaints about posts nobody's forcing you to read.

I personally want to read the posts from people that have had problems. I like to know what the various issues with the device are and sometimes I can help by posting solutions to their problems.
    @clipcarl that's very nice that you want to be helpful and glean some information as to possible issue with the devices but the issue with these posts is that they never say what exactly is the issue they are having. Mostly, the posts start by saying they have had it with the build quality and then detail how many times they replaces the phone and finally how horrible Sprint was in letting them out of the contract. There is nothing that anyone can point to and say here is the trend and maybe try this to fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Then don't read it and don't clutter the forum with complaints about posts nobody's forcing you to read.

I personally want to read the posts from people that have had problems. I like to know what the various issues with the device are and sometimes I can help by posting solutions to their problems.
    I don't have a problem with people posting their issues and asking for help or offering solutions, but announcing "I'm leaving" is pointless if they don't say what their problem is.

And you're offer of help by this point is also useless because once someone posts they are leaving they've already made the decision. If they were unsure or on the fence they would ask for help first, not announce they were leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I don't have a problem with people posting their issues and asking for help or offering solutions, but announcing "I'm leaving" is pointless if they don't say what their problem is.

And you're offer of help by this point is also useless because once someone posts they are leaving they've already made the decision. If they were unsure or on the fence they would ask for help first, not announce they were leaving.
    Exactly. Posts like this aren't asking for help. They're seeking attention. Pointless.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    5 Pres in 6 months?

I think you broke them all. Some people just like to complain.

I think the probability of getting 5 defective Pres are as low as winning the lottery. So, go buy a ticket and then you can complain about all that money you have to spend.

I'm on my first one since launch and never doctored. no problems..
    I am on my 5th and been with sprint in total 5 or 6 months. (Had a launch model for 30 days then came back later) So yeah.
    I can see maybe ur first one having issues with slider and stuff. But 5 bad sliders and sticky keyboards? I'm not trying to be a jerk but sounds like user error. I type a lot and I always slide my phone making sure I push it up so that it goes straight up and making sure I don't push to hard on one side to cause lose screen. I think after 4 you would be more careful. I'm not buying it I think it has something to do with how you used it rather than 5 bad phones. What are the odds they send you 5 bad pres. Well, slim to none good luck with your new phone. I love my pre and all other palm devices i've had