View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 101 of 225 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    how can I get the doom and quake app?
    Preware
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Comparing apples to oranges (no pun intended), ipod (iphone) have been round for years, Palm Pre has not been out for even 7 months.
    i knew this was going to happen... THAT IS WHY I WROTE I AM NOT COMPLAINING...i was just simply stating a fact/question, when are we going to see apps similar to the applications on itouch/iphone that are actually useful. I am not saying that i want "18,000,000" apps like beachboy said. I just want some useful apps. I dont really care about gaming on the pre because of the small screen but if their are any similar to the itouch/iphone that would be a huge plus. I am looking for better apps like the iphone facebook app. Many of you think this is trolling, just because i stated the pros of the iphone/itouch app catalog many of you guys automatically negatively judged me.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Apps for the iPhone are almost completely done being polished,
    if you see the forums and blogs of your favorite services you'll most likely see:

1. iPhone users complaining about the app
    2. Android users complaining/asking for an app
    3. WinMo users complaining/asking for an app
    4. WebOS users asking for an app

Whether CES impresses or not we'll continue to be 4th on the list. Unless something completely out of the blue steals some followers.
  5.    #2005  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    Not complaining but.. Where are all the good apps!?!?
    d0llarm3nu,

This is pretty offensive to the 100's of developers on our website. Instead of deleting your message, I am just moving it in with the other posts that aren't complaining.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/04/2010 at 08:30 PM.
    I just want some useful apps.
    Like what? You were asked to give examples and it looks like you gave. . .

I am looking for better apps like the iphone facebook app.
    Exactly one. Which we have. The Facebook app isn't perfect, but we do have a homebrew app that is now in the catalog I believe as well. So, once again, provide specific examples of what you consider useful apps or we'll more than likely continue to consider you a troll.
    Does anyone have a problem ending one call when it is on hold?

I can't seem to figure it out.
    I didnt want to start a new thread, but Im coming from the nextel i760 ( which i had to keep the volume on like 3 of 7 ) over to sprint pre - I cant hardly hear anything on this phone. I do not have hearing problems
    Is there any patches,tweaks, etc I can do to make it LOUDER, even on the speaker its not so loud.... mainly when theres background noise ( in the car, etc ) it would be nice to have more than I need in volume.... Ive got it up as loud as it goes - yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevintranca View Post
    Does anyone have a problem ending one call when it is on hold?

I can't seem to figure it out.

Me neither, it always seems to leave the ending call on hold and I have to hang up both calls to end the first one.. let me know when some one gets it
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    I didnt want to start a new thread, but Im coming from the nextel i760 ( which i had to keep the volume on like 3 of 7 ) over to sprint pre - I cant hardly hear anything on this phone. I do not have hearing problems
    Is there any patches,tweaks, etc I can do to make it LOUDER, even on the speaker its not so loud.... mainly when theres background noise ( in the car, etc ) it would be nice to have more than I need in volume.... Ive got it up as loud as it goes - yes!
    Nothing you can do about that, I believe.. The external speaker is just weak, and the earpiece speaker is also kinda weak.. Best bet is to use a good headset with it when necessary.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    I have to turn the volume DOWN on many calls.
    i really don't like how the battery cover creaks when i press firmly against the back (while i'm texting)

does this problem go away if i get a touchstone back?
    So I finally gave up on the palm pre. I called sprint to cancel my contract with the whole new fee loophole. The guy offered me an airwave (have bad service in my house) and told me to call and talk to a manager of a sprint corp store to see if they would give me a different handset. Went into a local store and got a samsung moment (everything for free of course). So far I have to say that I'm liking android. The moment has an old version of android but is supposed to get a 2.0 updated sometime in the first 2 quarters of 2010.

I had gone through about 5 pre's in the last 6 months for various reasons ( bad slider, shut off when slider closed, sticky keyboard, etc). Not to mention losing all my numbers when the "cloud", pre server went down!!!

All in all Web OS seems to be a great OS but the hardware from palm is HORRIBLE... My guess is that if Palm doesn't do something about their handsets they will not be around for long. What a waste of such good software.
    Sucks that you've had issues. Mine's been rock solid so far, and I'm excited with everything that 1.4 will bring. Seems you've had some bad luck, but I hope you enjoy your Moment.
    Sorry it didn't work out for you. I have never had a hardware or software problem with my Pre (well, a little light bleed but doesn't matter to me). Why didn't you get a nicer Android device?
    Bye bye.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Sorry it didn't work out for you. I have never had a hardware or software problem with my Pre (well, a little light bleed but doesn't matter to me). Why didn't you get a nicer Android device?
    There isn't a nicer Android device on Sprint.
    Later
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I wonder if meebo could have helped.