1.    #1  
    I've been having a number of issues with my plam and I wasn't sure if anyone could offer any advice.

1) My screen keeps going black, I usually have to push the power button a number of times before the screen lights up again.

2) Under updates it keeps showing that applications need to be updated, but when I go into the applications to check there isn't anything there that needs to be updated

3) I have been having issues with people hearing me on the other end of the line.

This is the 3rd phone that I have had replaced and I still seem to have problems with it. I wasn't sure if their was any advice anyone had on what I can do?
    1. Thats an issue with the latest patch I believe. If you have the same thing as me, it happens when you turn it on and the screen stays black and u click it a few times, or let it sit and it takes like, 3 seconds to turn on. Software issue. Replacing wont fix it, just wait a few weeks till Palm announces the next monthly update.

2. Stop opening updates.... That is for patches from Palm. They haven't released one. don't open it, simple fix. It only serves a purpose when everyone on precentral starts dancing and chanting about the next 1.4.x or w/e.

3. You are going to have to be a lot more descriptive about that. Some details might be nice.
  3.    #3  
    When my slider is up I'm people on the other end are having issues with mearing me. I can hear them, but they can't hear me unless I hold the slider a certain way.

I've also been having issues with my email not syncing correctly. I keep removing the email account then adding it back, but it still doesn't sync. I really like my pre so it sucks that I'm having these issues.
    Hi Angee....

When is the last time you performed a FULL restart of your phone? I experience most of these issues every so often, but restarting the phone fully usually clears them up.

What email (host) are you having issues with (ie: yahoo, gmail, etc)?

BTW... the issue with the phone telling you that you need updates, but there are none there when you check is a very well known glitch. You don't have to worry about it messing you up. It may seem annoying for a while, but there's no actual harm... outside of checking to see if there are actually updates ready, or if your phone is playing with you.
  5.    #5  
    The last time I've done a restart on my phone was last week.

I use hotmail as my email host. I;m not sure why I started having these problems. For example I would have my preferences set to keep emails for 1 day, but it doesn't work they stay unless I delete them manually.
    Angee,

1. It's been said before, but this is an issue that started (for me) with 1.4 ... it seems to be a lag with the lock screen. It's a complete bummer, but I can say that for me the fix was installing the 800Mhz kernel (reduced the lag to nearly nothing). It should be said that installing the 800Mhz script could void your warranty or brick your pre, and if you don't know what you're doing you might want to stay away from this.

2. Ah yes, the update app reporting updates that aren't there. I used to get this too ... I have no idea what made it stop. If you think there might be updates available for apps but the update app is glitching, install Preware and see if it says there are updates as well.

3. You might be holding the phone too tight to your face. The mic is the tiny hole at the lower left of the front of the screen ... if this becomes blocked, your phone is pretty much muted. If this isn't happening, you might have a defective phone ... warranty time!

~Bowen
    Quote Originally Posted by angee23 View Post
    The last time I've done a restart on my phone was last week.

I use hotmail as my email host. I;m not sure why I started having these problems. For example I would have my preferences set to keep emails for 1 day, but it doesn't work they stay unless I delete them manually.
    I don't use Hotmail anymore, but if I remember correctly Hotmail accounts on the Pre use POP settings and not IMAP. With POP settings, you will have to manually delete emails from your device even if you delete them from your main account. The two do not sync back and forth - but only will sync email TO your device from the account.