Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What other devices, etc made you appreciate webOS more? Why?

In my case, the iPad I am using to type this very post is what made me appreciate webOS/Pre more.

My answer? The iPad.
    -----------------------------------
    I don't own any other modern Apple devices, so the iPad's interface took some adjustment. Despite all it's got going for it, the lack of multitasking orb even multitasking-lite (ala PalmOS) drives me nuts, at times.

Some of that may be addressed in the 4.0 update, but I'm not sure and I may not be around to see it.

Anyway, neither this thread nor this post is meant to bash Apple or it's products. I just marvel at the elegance of webOS every time I try to go back to the last screen I was on or to the previous app I used or when I want to close an app because it's freaking out.

Apple and Palm could learn a lot from each other, but here is an area where Palm has the upper hand. That becomes clearer every day that I use this impressive device.
    Last edited by west3man; 04/11/2010 at 08:59 PM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    The Touchstone.
    Droid! That brick is HIGHLY OVERRATED!!!
    My old Palms. This OS is light years better.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    The Touchstone.
    What about the Touchstone made you appreciate webOS?
    My car, I have Pandora playing while the Sprint Nav is leading the way, then a call comes in and my Pandora fades down, I answer/finish the call and Pandora starts playing again and my Nav continues to lead the way. Mutitasking, gotta love it
    The Samsung Blackjack2 (ATT) I replaced from work -(along with the EnV2 I had as a basic VZ phone.)

The only thing I miss is the battery life, both lasted several days...

I really could not EVER go back!

Had to change Exchange VM to G711 to hear voicemails, and the 800mhz patch made all the difference. Now I just need to buy another touchstone charger..
    touchstone by far' rocks along with the 720 and 800 kernels lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The iPad, iPhone, and any Android device.

WebOS still amazes me at it's simplicity, sexy UI, and fantastic ease of use with multitasking. Nothing comes close IMO.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    My BB Storm. Samsung i760. Those were my last 2 phones. if it wasn't for windows mobile, the i760 was not too bad. Voice quality was excellent. I actually like the iPad. Great for viewing netflix, mlb, or ABC, and surfing the net without lugging around a laptop. Skype works on it too. It's a simple device, exactly what it was meant to be.
    the Samsung Instinct even so it got better after software updates it still stinks just played with my old samsung today and oh boy is that bad lol still better then the iphone nah just kidding it isnt. lol or??????
    Touchstone, attached to GPS mount, in my car! GPS from the windshield, and calls on the speaker phone, while charging.

Screen protectors that make it easier to glide my thumb across the screen with less odds of "skidding"

And the internet radio! We have no radio reception where I work, but we have WiFi, and I can use the app "Radiotime" from the app catalogue to play Team 1040 on the stereo at work from my pre and everybody can listen to the hockey game
    I also used to have an Instinct as well. I don't have it anymore so I can't play around with it right now but I know that webOS is sooo much better.
    The HTC Touch Pro. I shudder at the thought of it. I'm so glad Sprint let me replace it with the Pre. Haven't looked back since.
    The iPad has made me appreciate the Pixi. I'm contemplating getting one for the mobile hotspot feature to provide on-the-go networking to the iPad. I just hate the bloody camera, it can't photograph small text. I use my phone camera often for work to record serial numbers for inventory, etc. I would never get a Pre, though, I hate it's chubby profile.
    the HTC Touch Pro.. my God.. moving from that 2.8inch resistive screen to a 3.1 capacitive was AMAZING.
    im ipod touch 3g, it has made up my mind for never buying an iphone, even if it came to sprint...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    The iPad has made me appreciate the Pixi. I'm contemplating getting one for the mobile hotspot feature to provide on-the-go networking to the iPad. I just hate the bloody camera, it can't photograph small text. I use my phone camera often for work to record serial numbers for inventory, etc. I would never get a Pre, though, I hate it's chubby profile.
    Yeah. Sharing the Pre's net connection with the iPad is awesomely liberating.
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    im ipod touch 3g, it has made up my mind for never buying an iphone, even if it came to sprint...
    I've had the same kind of experience with iTouch. I had an iTouch for about a year before the Pre was announced. It was a nice supplelent to my Treo 755p, but it really confirmed that I would never want an iPhone for my primary phone. Two things: 1) I just can't deal with the soft keyboard. It blows my mind how much on these boards I see people begging for a soft keyboard. 2) Non-removeable battery. I'm a road-warrior for work, and I need to swap batteries while on the move.

For a long time, I had a third reason, the lack of copy/paste, but alas, Apple fixed that. That was a nice improvement.

My Pre actually enhances the value of my iTouch, since I can get my iTouch online with Pre tethering.
    Any Windows mobile phone. Those phones need to be restarted every hour.
    I am so happy I have my pre maybe reset my phone once a month.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast