Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Is just a completely different beast. With Palm making improvements to the OS I can't even imagine it'd be at 1Ghz... 800MHz running on this phone is NIGHT and DAY from the stock speed.

Everything is just so much faster and works incredibly. Here is for hoping Palm releases a new device with 1GHz+ processor. I don't care if it has 4g but lotta ram and a sweeeeet processor along with some awesome build quality would put it over the top.

Come on PALM announce something already!

Ok /end rant thanks for listening
    While I agree this really belonged in the thread specifically about the 720/800mhz patches
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    but he did mention future palm devices with new processors/ram lol...so it doesn't fit in just with 720/800mhz talk technically
    I've been running the 800mhz patch for about a week. It's been awesome, except recently it's causing my phone to stop responding when pressing the power button. The phone just won't wake up at all and keeps locking up. It's draining the battery now and causing the phone to get super hot. Looks like it's coming off
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post
    I've been running the 800mhz patch for about a week. It's been awesome, except recently it's causing my phone to stop responding when pressing the power button. The phone just won't wake up at all and keeps locking up. It's draining the battery now and causing the phone to get super hot. Looks like it's coming off
    I've been using it for a while now, ever since it was released to everyone, and I haven't had any issues. I do have some overall hardware issues with my Pre but this patch has made everything nicer.
    Quote Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post

I have the same issues bar overheating. For me though the speed is too good to give up so i'll be sticking with the patch. The thing is i'm sure i had these issues before i installed the patch, maybe it has something to do with WebOS 1.4.1?
    Yeah I believe the wake up issue is with the bugs in 1.4.1 I have 2 other pre's (for hacking reasons) both are free of patchs just updated with the current OS and sometimes when I try and wake one up it either dosent respond at first, or half wakes up where the screen is kind of dim and dosent respond to finger touchs. Also try clearing your cache, unistalling any themes you have, then pulling the battery and waiting 10 mins before putting the battery back in and restarting your phone. If there is still a issue try removing the 800mhz patch pulling the battery then reapplying. I had a similiar issue with the 800 .sh file once i removed it then reapplied it after clearing the cache and removing the theme my battery life returned to normal as well as my heat index.
    your so right!