1.    #1  
    Since I joined this site there has always been complaints about either the hardware or software of the pre. Some of which may have been legitimate and some were not. There has always been complainers, and with that came the complainers that complain about the complainers. Now I would never care if someone had a complaint about a legitimate issue with the phone, I even like to hear about an issue because so many people in this forum knows a fix or a patch for just about anything.

What I've noticed lately, (especially since that laptop magazine contest) has been alot of 1 or 2 post wonders coming onto precentral bashing the pre. I'm starting to wonder if some people actually feel threatened about the awesomeness of the pre. With stocks down, threats of buyouts, hardware complaints etc., you would think that they would just leave the pre and precentral forums alone?? I'm thinking that with the release of the pre on AT&t, that some people may see the pre as a threat. After all, even here in Orlando I'm starting to see the pre out in the wild more and more often, something that I've seen on other posts.

Now I don't want to call anyone out as trolls, but it has started to become more and more frequent on precentral and I'm hoping the mods will keep these 1 post wonders in check. I believe that they do a good job here, and hopefully some of the more ridiculous posts can be removed and/or deleted.

If you have a legitimate gripe about an issue with your phone, post it. There's a ton of people here to help with advice and fixes. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON FIRST! We don't need 3.2 billion posts about the same thing. The only way to get help is to go to a thread that speaks to the issue, not to create a new thread all together. I have to admit, I have been unable to find things on the search as well...but luckily there have always been folks to help. I know that people feel the need to feed the trolls because it's fun, but just remember the more you feed them, the more they will come.

Pre, Precentral, developers and precentral members, I love you guys. Lets keep up the good fight.

Trolls and 1 post wonders.... Just go away and stop feeling threatened by the pre.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    *group hug!!*

I was just waxing lyrical about my never-ending appreciation for this little device. I've done the iPhone, Android (Hero, Magic) samba and although fun they never got me to settle. Pre, you're it.

Mega kudos to Palm itself for continuing to unlock the Pre's capabilities (sure, some would argue that it should have been there from the beginning, but alas), for the community for all the patches and this forum (delicious 800 MHz pie!), and third party developers (EA, how I hate to love you for NFSU).

This week has added a mega crown in the Pre's around the house for the mobile hotspot app. ISP screws up and leaves me off the internets? No worries, the Pre is there to save the day.
    Yup....some people just need attention is they way I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    There has always been complainers, and with that came the complainers that complain about the complainers. ...

I'm starting to wonder if some people actually feel threatened about the awesomeness of the pre. ...

Trolls and 1 post wonders.... Just go away and stop feeling threatened by the pre.
    I underlined the portion of your post that describes your apparent function here. Why would you create a thread dedicated to complaining about trolls? Isn't that just trolling on your part? [Reported]
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I underlined the portion of your post that describes your apparent function here. Why would you create a thread dedicated to complaining about trolls? Isn't that just trolling on your part? [Reported]
    If you feel the need to report the post, I have no problem with it. I posted a theory about why there seems to be more and more 1 post wonders bashing the pre. I posted a response to several of the more recent posts, instead of directly feeding trolls. If a moderator deems it inappropriate and removes the post, I'm fine with it. This thread wasn't dedicated to complain about trolls. I was simply stating an observation about the sudden increase of pre bashing. This is a great community of people who provide help and advice to pre owners or those that may be researching the pre so I see nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for the feedback though
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Trolling for troll trollers, are we?
    Wow, I love watching how people act. It's hilarious.

Thanks OP for the good thread. Some people are just damaged, don't mind them.
    oh I guess you now want to take away the 1 post wonders voices? We were all 1 posters at one time...right? This is just another post of complainers complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    oh I guess you now want to take away the 1 post wonders voices? We were all 1 posters at one time...right? This is just another post of complainers complaining.
    This post is like looking in 2 mirrors facing one another.
    And here we have a complainer complaining about the complainers complaining about the haters.
    Well I think the OP has a point...it does strike me as bizarre when people come along to a forum like this one and basically just slag the Pre (and Pre-users) off.

And there does seem to be an increase which I've noticed even in the very short time I've been a member.

There is a difference between rubbishing and stating an opinion...there have been people who have simply said that they've tried the Pre and find it not to their tastes. Fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Stop complaining about the people complaining about the complainers :P
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    And here we have a complainer complaining about the complainers complaining about the haters.
    dude write a rap song I can totally hear that being the lyrics with some uhhs and yeahs mixed in
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Wow, I love watching how people act. It's hilarious.

Thanks OP for the good thread. Some people are just damaged, don't mind them.
    +1

Nice post OP!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    you guys are all awesome!
    Not to complain, but I have a complaint complaining about those who complain about those who complain.
    I agree 100%...some posts should be deleted...
    Only a few posts for me, and none bashing the Pre. I love it. Sure it has some issues, but what phone doesn't?