Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im not trying to be rude.. but they took the 500mgz patch off preware too.. why? When can I seethem on preware?
    Live the Pre life.
    IMO If you aren't able to install them via Quick Install you probably shouldn't be using them
  3.    #3  
    yea okay. Why is everyone so damn defensive and act like they know everything on these forums?
    Live the Pre life.
    Why do you need it on preware? Explain why, and if you have a good case then maybe it will come.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShArK *** View Post
    Im not trying to be rude.. but they took the 500mgz patch off preware too.. why? When can I seethem on preware?
    Have you donated to the developers yet? Perhaps extra funds would help speed things up, in the meantime excuse them for doing their day jobs and taking a break from their non-stop development and support they had been doing there for a while.

And as others have said. It is pretty damn easy to install without it being in Preware. I understand there are a few cases out there where people can't use WOSQI because of computer access or something along those lines, but those are few and far between and really that is their hard luck.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Have you donated to the developers yet? Perhaps extra funds would help speed things up, in the meantime excuse them for doing their day jobs and taking a break from their non-stop development and support they had been doing there for a while.

And as others have said. It is pretty damn easy to install without it being in Preware. I understand there are a few cases out there where people can't use WOSQI because of computer access or something along those lines, but those are few and far between and really that is their hard luck.
    Great job!

.. not what I asked for.
    Live the Pre life.
    +1, this patch is not for you if you're 'waiting for it' in preware.
    There's even a video showing you how to do it. It cant be more easy than that!
    If you can't follow the extremely easy steps to install it, you shouldn't be using it. If you want something so bad, can't you at least do a tiny bit of work to get it? Yet another brilliant thread created by you.
    there probably isn't a lot of demand for them to put in on preware quickly. Most of the people who want the patch have already installed it.

I, myself, was too anxious to wait for it to be added on preware.
    The only reason i would use a preware install for this is if I don't have access to a computer. Other than that, I prefer the manual method.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    IMO If you aren't able to install them via Quick Install you probably shouldn't be using them
    Though I wouldn't have asked the question that way, I am also curious if it will come to preware. I attempted the install and became a member of the "600 group". I wasn't the only one that had the problem, but I uninstalled and then doctored my phone to wait for it to come (hopefully) to preware. If it never makes it there I'm fine with it, though I would love for it to be there. Some of us can change the oil in a car, some of us can hack pc's and phones, some of us can assemble and unassemble a Glock 17. What may be an easy and simple task for some, may not be for others.

Some choose to change their own oil and others choose to go to Jiffy lube. I for one was unable to successfully add the 800MHz patch, so I chose to wait. I realize how he comes off a bit confrontational in his question, but there are many others (including myself) who aren't phone smart enough to accomplish the task. I have donated to a couple of Devs on here including JRob and I will continue to, even if the patches never make it to preware.

You're assertion that "if your unable to install it, you shouldn't be using it", is like "if you're unable to change your own tires, you shouldn't drive". I love and trust the developers in here, but don't feel the need to constantly bother them with seemingly silly questions.

Until it does hopefully show up, I will wait.

Thanks
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourdogsdead View Post
    The only reason i would use a preware install for this is if I don't have access to a computer. Other than that, I prefer the manual method.
    I think there is a way to install it from your Pre using Terminal. I'm almost positive I saw a thread about that around here somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think there is a way to install it from your Pre using Terminal. I'm almost positive I saw a thread about that around here somewhere...
    There is. It involves using a command to download it to your phone and install it that way. I used the terminal in WebOS Quickinstall to so the installation the first time and the ipk method the second time. It is a pain in the *** to type all those commands though, and if you make a mistake you start over, ughhhh.
    Well said notaphonegeek i feel the same way!
    Hahaha, I love all of the responses about needing a computer...

Download it in the WebOS web browser.
    Move it to /var/home/root/ (either by command line or with Internalz)
    run the command with Terminus (sh /var/home/root/PATCHname.sh install)
    Done
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    honestly I don't agree with notaphonegeek and athens1947.. If your not too phone savvy to begin with you shouldn't mess with the cpu mods in the first place. But other than that plugging your phone, in opening up webosqi, copying the install code from the forum, pasting and then your done... It's that easy, but I think the reason it isn't in preware is because of how palm came out in public how they feel about the cpu mods and look down on the practice imho.. So this way only the technically inclined people can do it and not everyone who has preware, because alot of people can't read the instructions at the bottom before they put something on with preware.
    He might be waiting for the patch in Preware because the site and developers told us to NOT install the patch with the latest 1.4.x update so maybe you guys should not act like no it alls who can't follow directions and wait for the developer to release it on Preware or..... to say it is alright to use it on 1.4.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by JosefTor View Post
    He might be waiting for the patch in Preware because the site and developers told us to NOT install the patch with the latest 1.4.x update so maybe you guys should not act like no it alls who can't follow directions and wait for the developer to release it on Preware or..... to say it is alright to use it on 1.4.x.
    There have been no reports that I'm aware of that say the overclock patch doesn't work with the newest WebOS version.

Sidenote: We're not just jumping on someone who wants the mod to be in Preware. The OP is known to make these kinds of threads over and over again.
    I'm not going to lie, its not hard to install them at all, and you can do it without a computer, but that still didn't answer the guy's question.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast