Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Palm Pre sucks. Sorry to all you guys/ girls out there who love this phone but you have to be kidding me if you actually think this phone is even close to being as good as blackberry or i phone? countless problems with the phone have occurred, terrible app store, poor construction of the phone the list goes on... it is by far the worst on the market right now. I signed a 3 year deal with Bell here in Canada to get this phone and it was by far the worst decision I have ever made in my life.... I can't wait until my hardware upgrade, maybe by then the pre will actually be a decent phone considering all the bugs are still being fixed SLOWLY by these high school Palm developers. I mean seriously, the joke of the smartphone industry is the palm pre hands down.
    Sorry, I disagree, by far the best smartphone I have ever owned.
    Two threads?? Go Away.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I personally love my phone. haven't had an issue with it at all and am loving the community support.
    That must be a coincidence because you are by far the worst smart-phone user ever! Definitely have no tech knowledge, nor have any idea how to use a smart-phone. Prolly not so bright either since you are complaining about the app store!
    Then what are you doing with it, just return it and by something else eight away. Problem solved. Oh wait, your dad won't pay for another phone right?
    Quote Originally Posted by poplarparkfilms View Post
    The Palm Pre sucks. Sorry to all you guys/ girls out there who love this phone but you have to be kidding me if you actually think this phone is even close to being as good as blackberry or i phone? countless problems with the phone have occurred, terrible app store, poor construction of the phone the list goes on... it is by far the worst on the market right now. I signed a 3 year deal with Bell here in Canada to get this phone and it was by far the worst decision I have ever made in my life.... I can't wait until my hardware upgrade, maybe by then the pre will actually be a decent phone considering all the bugs are still being fixed SLOWLY by these high school Palm developers. I mean seriously, the joke of the smartphone industry is the palm pre hands down.
    Maybe you should try the BB Storm. Or try the non multi tasking iPhone toy. You will come back hear begging to us to forgive you for your foolish remarks. The Pre is for someone that can handle a smartphone. You obviously are still in the toy phase of childhood.
  9.    #9  
    Hey it's just my opinion. I checked out this forum before I bought my pre and all I saw were love threads for this phone. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to someone again and they at least see these posts and think twice about it. Maybe I'm not the smartest smart phone user, but if I go to buy a smartphone I would hope that it would run smooth and without bugs right when I pick it up. I'm sure if I was a tech nerd I'd be able to mod the pre and make it pretty cool but I don't have time/ the desire to do that and most people in the world don't also.... and that reflects on sales for the pre vs. the i phone... I mean there are plenty of other factors, marketing of the two phones, apple is a much larger company etc... but bottom line is the iphone is way better than the pre in every way (oh maybe not in multitasking) just until the pre tells you too many cards and you're trying to open one... pre= joke
    Time for a ban hammer
    I don't hate my pre I just hate some of the bull**** that comes along with owning it like the spacebar not working right and the ****y app store filled with mostly homebrew apps but I have mostly given up on any real delveloper making apps and before you guys say there coming I know it's been coming for a year now.The only thing that keeps me from not owing another phone is the multi tasking
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    "by far the worst decision I've made in my life".......... I frankly don't think you have a life after such a statement. Get the phone you want and live happily ever after. Check back here about 20 years from now and give us an update on how things are going and whether you are still traumatized by the Pre experience.........;-)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Time for a ban hammer
    What are you kidding me pal? It's my opinion. The only thing that even makes this phone worth owning is the multitasking. Other than that Iphone beats palm in every category.
    Remember what you said a few months ago? Seems you couldn't even figure out the simple task of changing how often the phone retrieves your email. Really you are not capable of handling this phone. You still gave it an 8.5. LOL

"What do you guys think of the palm pre? I am a new owner and very much enjoy the sleek new look and unbelievable screen on it, ability to load vids/ringtones/photos. The things I dislike about it are that the email app (even when I set it to manually) keeps updaying me ASAP when I get an email. Kind of annoying but whatever, the Battery life is pretty poor, app store could be updated with better and newer apps etc...

"Just a few things prob more of both but lets see what you guys think. Overall this is easily the best phone I've owned (most recent until pre- LG Rumour) but I would give it an 8.5/10 maybe 8..."
    What have you contributed to this community other than your troll rants?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've seen a video of Pre opening 50 cards. Just how many apps would you like to be running on a smart phone?
    Or you could actually post on specific issues you've had, and not make useless, blanket "the Pre sucks" posts that are unfair to new users (who don't have any idea what you're complaining about) and regular users (who could help, if you'd just be constructive).

But if you're not feeling like being at all productive, and just want to rant? Then good riddance.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    "by far the worst decision I've made in my life".......... I frankly don't think you have a life after such a statement. Get the phone you want and live happily ever after. Check back here about 20 years from now and give us an update on how things are going and whether you are still traumatized by the Pre experience.........;-)
    Nah I'm good dude. Palm as a company will most likely go bankrupt in the next 5-10 so no one will ever remember this hunk of sh!t. I'll trade anyone on here straight across for an iphone or sell my pre to anyone interested PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandar View Post
    I've seen a video of Pre opening 50 cards. Just how many apps would you like to be running on a smart phone?
    he only wants 1 because that's all his iphone opens
    Quote Originally Posted by poplarparkfilms View Post
    Nah I'm good dude. Palm as a company will most likely go bankrupt in the next 5-10 so no one will ever remember this hunk of sh!t. I'll trade anyone on here straight across for an iphone or sell my pre to anyone interested PM me.
    Don't you remember. You said it was the best phone you ever owned.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast