Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I respect your opinion but I can think of 5 phones previously owned by myself that are by far worse than the Pre. I personally love my Pre and your statement about blackberry being better than the Pre shows you don't have any knowledge about smart phones. I've owned 3 Blackberry's and they are not even in the same league as Pre.

Maybe the newer ones have made a few changes but I can tell you that the 8830, 8330 Curve and Storm were a huge waist of time if you wanted to do anything useful. No support for proper email as in you could not view any web content included in the mail, no support for pictures via text messaging no downloading anything unless it was a very tiny file or supplied via app store. Horrible user interface, very counter intuitive, utterly useless web browser and the list goes on, mp4. is the default format for the Pre's video player by the way.

I really think you should try some of the other "Better phones" before you give an opinion on which is better. You may find that what you thought was a great phone is not so great once you get your hands on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by poplarparkfilms View Post
    well man honestly and lets be totally honest here all BS aside, you actually think this phone is better than the iPhone? or anything Blackberry? and why? the pre is pretty much a wanna be iPhone. It even looks a lot like one, which is awesome but if you can prove to me why this phone is better than the iPhone then I will never come on here again. I mean explain some key points, point out some things that make it better etc.. I mean from what I have experienced with the whole Palm fiasco, it would have been a lot easier to get an iPhone.
    This statement tells me you must be from another planet. The Pre looks nothing like the iPhone and is not trying to be. Why is anyone even talking to you? You must be on some good drugs like mushrooms or something. I think you started this thread just to learn about your Pre or you don't actually have one, based on your statement.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    amazing intelligent response....pretty much proves you're a troll no matter wut lmao
    Hey pal, considering you spell "what" wrong and use completely no punctuation or grammar correctly, I can't really take any of your responses seriously.
    thats awesome dude I really wish I loved the pre as much as everyone else on here. I mean its not THAT bad of a phone but its just not what I was expecting/ wanting and with all the stuff I've gone through (on my second pre, soon to be 3rd) you people should understand at least a bit in why I don't like it.
    hey man...if u dont like ur pre its all good....i love my pre and believe its the best smartphone on the market for my likes imho....other ppl have different likes and opinions i understand that but to come in here and start saying that its the worse phone and wondering why we love our phone is pretty ******** imo...like i said if u have bad experience with ur phone then its all good....ive been tweaking with my phone with patches and themes and homebrew apps since it all started and i cant be more than happier with it...so yeah man sorry that its not to ur liking and hopefully it changes
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

You sound like you have no use for a smartphone. Why did you even bother getting it? You only seem to need it for sms, email and browsing. Any dumbphone can do that. You have absolutely no need for a smartphone. None whatsoever.
    Hey pal, considering you spell "what" wrong and use completely no punctuation or grammar correctly, I can't really take any of your responses seriously.
    u really wanna go with puntuation and grammar...fine....im sorry that im not to ure liking but this is how i type...i would type normal english but i dont feel like it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    This statement tells me you must be from another planet. The Pre looks nothing like the iPhone and is not trying to be. Why is anyone even talking to you? You must be on some good drugs like mushrooms or something. I think you started this thread just to learn about your Pre or you don't actually have one, based on your statement.
    Hey man thanks for the awesome response. Oh yeah that's right, I don't even own a pre. I wish you were right because then I wouldn't of posted here in the first place. The pre's interface doesn't one bit remind you of the i phone? Not even just a little? Do you own a pre?
    I like turtles ! yes i'm happy !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you mean the pre dows have a list with apps... every smartphone has one of those, so every smartphone reminds you of an iphon?

my winmo 2002 device had a list off aps... so don't even go there.

the core ui element (cards) is nothing like an iphone.

and a not jailbroken iphone is nothing but a brick.

i love my pre, what i love most is the easyness to get homebrew running, it's virtually impossible to brick you pre, when using preware, when i first got my pre, you had to root it to get anything going, now you have WebOS Quick Install. getting patches and homebrew is done in a few seconds. Even major tweaks like the 800/720 mhz kernel patch is done in seconds.

the pre has one of the best homebrew communities ever. i have bricked my pre one, and that was before the days of Quick Install, and it was no problem to get it running again.

i would like to know why you think that the iphone (not jailbroken) is a better phone than the pre. maybe with 4.0 (folders and threaded emails is a thing i'd like) the iphone will get equal to the pre, but as of now there is no contest. i hate apple with a passion, because of their restrictive policies for their devices, and they did it again with the new SDK (no cross-compilers anymore) eveything the open source community stands for, apple tries to crush.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The pre is seriously one of the funnest phones out there, just based the ability of Devs to make it do what end users really want it to do and function. Changing the way we interface with apps and the WebOs experience as well as tweaking the software has been awesome!
    im not happy with my pre at all...
    My New Twitter App http://bit.ly/aeaD9O
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    To tell you guys the truth, I am not. I mean its a second rate smartphone basically. I like the web os operating system though but compared to blackberry, i phone or android even the pre is a joke and a half. Terrible app store.. poor construction with the slide out keyboard getting stuck at times. (slider lube sold separately) ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE APP STORE.... I can't even play that helicopter game on my pre without it sketching out and almost freezing... I like the updates its really cool to have things updated and keeps me feeling that maybe this phone isnt that bad.. but overall this phone is terrible and should be given away for free on a 1 year plan.... That's the only way this phone will gain my respect if it outright drops all the prices and becomes the cheap smartphone.
    You would have hated the iphone when it first came out too. It had problems that had to be fixed over time and the app catalog had to be built over time.

EVERY smart phone has its pros and cons. I have used PalmOS forever. It would randomly freeze and reboot. My wife had a blackberry and the web browsing and gaming stunk. She now has a Cliq android based phone and the screen has dead spots daily. The fix is to hit the home button twice and the screen fixes itself. Sometimes the os does odd things that only a restart will fix. The iphone has only the virtual keyboard and I want a physical one. I cant comment on winmo as I have never used one but I suspect it has its drawbacks too. Each of these phones has its advantages as well.

My Pre does miss things that I want it to have but I still like it a lot. I am realistic enough to know that if we really want to complain, we can always find a reason.
    yup..very happy. had a blackberry, several, actually..all were junk from hardware and software perspectives, own an ipod touch and spent alot of time with the iphone..not impressed to make me change carriers, and the pre has solidified my decision of not wanting an iphone when it hits vzw. haven't had a glitch from it.
    well man honestly and lets be totally honest here all BS aside, you actually think this phone is better than the iPhone? or anything Blackberry? and why? the pre is pretty much a wanna be iPhone. It even looks a lot like one, which is awesome but if you can prove to me why this phone is better than the iPhone then I will never come on here again. I mean explain some key points, point out some things that make it better etc.. I mean from what I have experienced with the whole Palm fiasco, it would have been a lot easier to get an iPhone.
    I can understand your fustration there are definstly things apple does better (not so much for blackberry except email and hardware durability/keyboard) and that is apps, media, smoothness and atractiveness in some areas, speciifcally apps. I have to give them credit for this because they even made folders look cool and cool looking is really a big selling point but apple combines that with a familiar ecosystem and beautifull, functional apps for so much that you can't blame a person for being atracted to them... even a game center!

I myself am about 70% loving my pre. enough to want to hold out and see what's coming but not enoug to say something else wouldn't be tempting. with similar functionality. truth be told that iphone with multitasking even looks col.. BUT there are some thins that the iphone can never have like a gesture are which makes apps easier to navigate, nice integration with multiple accounts, beautifull multitasking, combined messaging and easily customizable and ESPECIALLY notifications which are beyond horrible on the iphone and most complained about on the tipb site. some day apple could implement combined messaging, synsergy and better notifications, but can they ever truly implement a gesture area equivalantant and the amount of space saved by the clean UI of webos? I don't think anytime soon. I think it'll be easier for palm to implement what's missing and in the long run have beautifull apps developed with several different codes rather then only three. (c, c++ and object c) I also think sprint will update their nav app, google will update their maps, and a sprint visual voicemail app will come all when the pdk is public and apps can be made with native code, if not then I may be more tempted to leave but webos does have some none equivalant features which make it worthy to wait as the none included features are much easier and likely to come.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    pre is npthong like the iphone, android has much more in common with the iphone than pre but I don't really like android at all.

the pre isn't better overall than the uphone surely due to the iphones superior browser and the sheer number of apps but the pre is a darn good phone and the multitasking is superb. When the aps come the pre will be a force to reckon with.

the pre is the perfect size for a phone and is lightweight the iphone is big, droids are clunky especially with a case. Blackberries are more portable but that trackball crap got to go.

if you hate the pre sell it but stop whing about it's flaws buy a iphone and do you.
    Before you read this keep in mind i do like my pre but its not perfect. I'm only posting to help palm .

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    no? vza33333 or what ever this "statement is called an opinion. you should look it up. i happen to agree with his "statement"

Grammar really? are we in school right now. who gives a **** about grammar

Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    You sound like you have no use for a smartphone. Why did you even bother getting it? You only seem to need it for sms, email and browsing. Any dumbphone can do that. You have absolutely no need for a smartphone. None whatsoever.
    Not at all.... your just a palm ******.

Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    you mean the pre dows have a list with apps... every smartphone has one of those, so every smartphone reminds you of an iphon?
    BLA
    BLA
    BLA
    First off someone shouldn't have to hack there phone for it to be usable.
    Second, The patch you are talking about just came out.... what is i bought the phone in june?

Quote Originally Posted by bvinci1 View Post
    The pre is seriously one of the funnest phones out there, just based the ability of Devs to make it do what end users really want it to do and function. Changing the way we interface with apps and the WebOs experience as well as tweaking the software has been awesome!
    yea! but its also..... a really really cool piece of crap hahaha
    Last edited by DrCapi; 04/11/2010 at 03:22 PM.
    My New Twitter App http://bit.ly/aeaD9O
    yes. I like my Pre very much.
    Still happy despite the bumps on the road...it does even more as advertised in the beginning. Videorecording is cool, photo shooter very cool. Sync is cool, Mail works perfectly. Messaging is fine. Calendar needs work as some other PIM stuff. price dropping too fast for my taste, Apps are fine, Helicopter game works perfectly fine ;-). And customer service is superb now after Palm took it over in Germany. Now what do you have to say? I am fine with this...
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    We get to listen for 2.5 more years of his whining. I will sell you my BB Storm for $100. Then you will have a phone you will hate even more. I'm more than willing to make your life more miserable.
    At least he would be complaining on another forum (sorry Crackberry).
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCapi View Post
    Before you read this keep in mind i do like my pre but its not perfect. I'm only posting to help palm and to defend mysterfix.

no? vza33333 or what ever this "statement is called an opinion. you should look it up. i happen to agree with his "statement"

Grammar really? are we in school right now. who gives a **** about grammar

Not at all.... your just a palm ******.

First off someone shouldn't have to hack there phone for it to be usable.
    Second, The patch you are talking about just came out.... what is i bought the phone in june?

yea! but its also..... a really really cool piece of crap hahaha
    For someone who is trying to get into making apps for WebOS, you aren't acting very professional... Hmm.

And who cares about grammar and spelling? I would say most of us do here. It's not about acting superior towards other people, it's about actually using our language.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast