Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    The pre is better than the iPhone FOR ME and I'm sure many others agree. There is no phone that's perfect for everyone and there is no "worst" phone, to even say that oozes ignorance
    Yeah I wouldn't doubt about 95 percent of people on a palm pre forum would agree with you on that one... But tell me why you like it more? I'll tell you basically why I don't... Battery life, bugs, app store, slowness of operating system (at times), construction, lack of support/ adaptability to other programs/ platforms (ie, google chat instead of msn, aim?, facebook sycing adding all your friends to your contacts and slowing down your phone, lack of .mp4 support for videos.. etc..
    Try a BB then. Enjoy the mail servers crashing once a week. Enjoy their slow loading browser. Or perhaps their lack of apps. Don't forget the memory drain every day, which forces you to do a battery pull just about every day. oh yea, don't leave an app open, it will drain your battery and memory. Then there is the buggy OS. Can't really make any tweaks. Yea, you go ahead and go for that BB. Nice brick you will be carrying.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    OP: Ok, I normally try to be understanding, but you are an *****.

It's ok to not like the Pre, but to say we're all in denial is just ridiculous. You obviously can't handle a smart phone, sorry. 12 year old kids are able to handle it, but you can't? Stick with dumbphones and you won't be let down.

We all have Pres because we like them. It's a great device. Does it have some issues? Yea. The hardware could be a bit better too. But overall, I love it and so do most people here.

I know you think your opinion is the only one that matters. I would hate to live life as you.

The above is all based on your other thread that got closed.
    I can handle a smartphone buddy. It would be nice to handle a better one than the pre but oh well, like I said I'll wait for my hardware upgrade. I'm not saying my opinion is the only that matters but me saying the phone sucks as bad as it does is just as bad as you saying its awesome. The difference is I'm on a palm board and obviously this is a forum for lovers of the pre. I guess yeah calling it the worst smartphone ever was maybe a tad too much (mainly just to garner responses) but I still stand by everything I say that is wrong with the pre. I mean I want to like it more than I do but until something amazing comes out in the next updates this phone will always be a second rate wanna be iPhone that can multitask.
    Quote Originally Posted by poplarparkfilms View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't doubt about 95 percent of people on a palm pre forum would agree with you on that one... But tell me why you like it more? I'll tell you basically why I don't... Battery life, bugs, app store, slowness of operating system (at times), construction, lack of support/ adaptability to other programs/ platforms (ie, google chat instead of msn, aim?, facebook sycing adding all your friends to your contacts and slowing down your phone, lack of .mp4 support for videos.. etc..
    I'll bite. Let me go through your complaints and how they effect me.
    Battery life: I get about 12 hours of moderate to heavy use.
    Bugs: I honestly have have little to no problems with any bugs.
    App Store: I'll agree with you on this. We could definitely use some more decent, useful apps.
    Slowness of OS: It takes me at most 2 seconds to open any app (besides 3D games and Epocrates). Menus, transitions, everything is quite snappy and responsive.
    Construction: I would like it if the device felt more sturdy. However, I have no issues with my Pre; it does feel the tiniest bit loose I guess...
    Facebook Sync: it wuld be much beter if you could delete individual entries.
    MP4: Doesn't the Pre support .mp4?
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    well man honestly and lets be totally honest here all BS aside, you actually think this phone is better than the iPhone? or anything Blackberry? and why? the pre is pretty much a wanna be iPhone. It even looks a lot like one, which is awesome but if you can prove to me why this phone is better than the iPhone then I will never come on here again. I mean explain some key points, point out some things that make it better etc.. I mean from what I have experienced with the whole Palm fiasco, it would have been a lot easier to get an iPhone.
    Multi-tasking, non-closed ecosystem, form factor, homebrew (from apps to themes to patches, easily put onto the phone), openness of apps (multiple ways for devs to get apps to you), syncing, the card system, physical keyboard, it's on multiple carriers, how productive I can be with it when I need to be. It's the phone for me for right now, hands down.

You don't like it, move on.
    I guess yeah calling it the worst smartphone ever was maybe a tad too much (mainly just to garner responses) .
    That is exactly what trolling is
    i would tell u a bunch of reasons y i love my pre and hate the iphone....but im not gonna waste my time...u remind me of my best friend that has a 3gs and always tells me that the iphone is better but never gives me actual reasons y....ima admit it...im a huge apple hater...i hate everything apple....the palm pre is actually my 1st smart phone...but i just dont like how the iphone looks like and think the OS is crap...anyways i dont care about that apple has hundreds of apps in the app store...i got all the apps i need in the app catalog and very happy with it...so my question to u is this...why do u give a crap if we love our palm pre's if you think its so bad....if u hate ur pre then its ur fault bc u shouldve just given it back simple as that....nuff said
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'll bite. Let me go through your complaints and how they effect me.
    Battery life: I get about 12 hours of moderate to heavy use.
    Bugs: I honestly have have little to no problems with any bugs.
    App Store: I'll agree with you on this. We could definitely use some more decent, useful apps.
    Slowness of OS: It takes me at most 2 seconds to open any app (besides 3D games and Epocrates). Menus, transitions, everything is quite snappy and responsive.
    Construction: I would like it if the device felt more sturdy. However, I have no issues with my Pre; it does feel the tiniest bit loose I guess...
    Facebook Sync: it wuld be much beter if you could delete individual entries.
    MP4: Doesn't the Pre support .mp4?
    My experience with mp4 didn't work at all and considering the video camera out puts clips in mp4 i don't know why it didn't work
    We get to listen for 2.5 more years of his whining. I will sell you my BB Storm for $100. Then you will have a phone you will hate even more. I'm more than willing to make your life more miserable.
    If I ever want to show my phone off to an iphone user, all I have to do is take off the back cover. Replaceable battery ftw!
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Multi-tasking, non-closed ecosystem, form factor, homebrew (from apps to themes to patches, easily put onto the phone), openness of apps (multiple ways for devs to get apps to you), syncing, the card system, physical keyboard, it's on multiple carriers, how productive I can be with it when I need to be. It's the phone for me for right now, hands down.

You don't like it, move on.
    homebrew apps scare me. I don't like messing around with my phone, inputting patches etc.. I have known people to have bad experiences with their phones doing stuff like that so yeah maybe I'm a ***** for not doing so but in my opinion you shouldn't have to do that kind of stuff to make a phone awesome. I think it should already be awesome and you can choose to do that to make it awesomer.
    Happy with mine!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i would tell u a bunch of reasons y i love my pre and hate the iphone....but im not gonna waste my time...u remind me of my best friend that has a 3gs and always tells me that the iphone is better but never gives me actual reasons y....ima admit it...im a huge apple hater...i hate everything apple....the palm pre is actually my 1st smart phone...but i just dont like how the iphone looks like and think the OS is crap...anyways i dont care about that apple has hundreds of apps in the app store...i got all the apps i need in the app catalog and very happy with it...so my question to u is this...why do u give a crap if we love our palm pre's if you think its so bad....if u hate ur pre then its ur fault bc u shouldve just given it back simple as that....nuff said
    ok great thanks for stopping by
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    If I ever want to show my phone off to an iphone user, all I have to do is take off the back cover. Replaceable battery ftw!
    Yeah that is actually something pretty awesome about the pre I must admit
    homebrew apps scare me. I don't like messing around with my phone, inputting patches etc.. I have known people to have bad experiences with their phones doing stuff like that so yeah maybe I'm a ***** for not doing so but in my opinion you shouldn't have to do that kind of stuff to make a phone awesome. I think it should already be awesome and you can choose to do that to make it awesomer.
    that i know of......from almost half the ppl i know with iphones.....they all have them jailbroken.....and ur right....a phone should be awesome the way it is no matter wut...i think my phone is great if i didnt have it with all the patches that i have and homebrew apps...but u know wut im happy with it regardless
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

ok great thanks for stopping by
    amazing intelligent response....pretty much proves you're a troll no matter wut lmao
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Name one phone you don't have to tweak to make better? Don't say iPhone, because you have to jailbreak it to make it a useable smart phone. Don't say BB, because you can't really tweak a turd. Android phones? Nope, you have to root them to make them better. Again name one phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    Name one phone you don't have to tweak to make better? Don't say iPhone, because you have to jailbreak it to make it a useable smart phone. Don't say BB, because you can't really tweak a turd. Android phones? Nope, you have to root them to make them better. Again name one phone.
    agreed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    that i know of......from almost half the ppl i know with iphones.....they all have them jailbroken.....and ur right....a phone should be awesome the way it is no matter wut...i think my phone is great if i didnt have it with all the patches that i have and homebrew apps...but u know wut im happy with it regardless
    thats awesome dude I really wish I loved the pre as much as everyone else on here. I mean its not THAT bad of a phone but its just not what I was expecting/ wanting and with all the stuff I've gone through (on my second pre, soon to be 3rd) you people should understand at least a bit in why I don't like it.
    homebrew apps scare me. I don't like messing around with my phone, inputting patches etc.. I have known people to have bad experiences with their phones doing stuff like that so yeah maybe I'm a ***** for not doing so but in my opinion you shouldn't have to do that kind of stuff to make a phone awesome.
    Trolling aside, just start messing around with your pre. Install patches, use homebrew apps. You can always use doctor (program that resets your phone) if you mess things up. It is very very hard to brick the phone.

You hate the phone anyway, why not start messing with it.

and the 800MHz patch, wow... if you don't think that is awesome after you use it...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast