1.    #1  
    so I have heard the many problems people have been having with the pre plus on verizon. However, my google maps seems to open very fast, only have to wait for 2-3 pulses. The problem is wheb I try and locate myself. The accuracy is horrible, the blue area encompases almost 5 streets. I have to manually enter in locations instead of just clicking find me which is a hassle. I even tried turning off and on the google services in the location services settings menu.
    have you tried a different program with the gps like YPmobile or telenav (sprint). Does this happen always or just in certain areas?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I cant vouch for your Google problems, but I can tell you from the Geo tagging on my photos I'll never have to worry about "big brother" finding me (as if they're really looking)

Entering the longitude and latitude from my photos usually shows me about a mile away from where the photo was actually taken. Photos taken at my college show up as a nearby factory building and photos taken on main street were apparently taken in the middle of the Ohio River (quite an accomplishment). Of course I did enter those coordinates into google maps, so it could be google maps thats off, but I doubt it.
  4.    #4  
    well I don't have any othe programs besides google maps but I can download ymo ile and test it. The problem occurs in all areas and is very disappionting. I don't need it now but in emergencies, who knows
    hi not to bash verizon but its an known issue on verizon pres that the gps somehow is screwed up. i owe a sprint version and the accuracy is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by newt45 View Post
    well I don't have any othe programs besides google maps but I can download ymo ile and test it. The problem occurs in all areas and is very disappionting. I don't need it now but in emergencies, who knows
    You could try NiceGPSuperior. It usually puts me right inside my house. See the link in my sig...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  7.    #7  
    well the more I use google maps throughout the day, it gets more accurate. I think that iit was inaccurate because I just installed 1.4 like 4 hours ago.
  8.    #8  
    well I noticed it's getting more accurate but not enough. I guess I will just have to live with it.

On a random topic, what app catalog apps do you recommend? Free apps would be nice, but it can be a paid app if it really is that good. I plan to get homebrew and patches later this week so please don't recommend any of those yet.

thanks for everything precentral, you guys are so great!
    Location gets obtained from 3 sources: GPS, cell tower info, and WiFi hot spot.

I noticed that it takes the GPS part almost 5 minutes to kick in, and in the meantime it uses cell tower info. if your WiFi is on, and the Location service recognize that spot as (in the database) it will only use the WiFi location info which they assign n accuracy of 100 meters...

when in my home, I use WiFi and that's what the phone uses for location. When I turn off WiFi, it switches to cell tower info, and the accuracy drops to 1000 meters. If I wait long enough (too long), the GPS will kick in eventually, and higher and higher accuracy as time passes...
  10.    #10  
    wow that doesn't sound very fun lol. I guess the gps on the pre isn't too great or palm may need to fix it somehow.