Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I understand from my friend that iphone 3GS has some kind of super tough screen so he does not put a protector on top of it.

Would the same advise apply for palm pre... or its better to have a protector?
    I beet the hell out of my phones so I'm very happy that I have kept a screen protector on it all the time. The screen on my dads pre (no protection) has suffered some, he keeps it in the same pocket as his keys...

If you get one you wont regret it.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    I've had my Pre since August with no screen protector. Not a scratch on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post
    If you get one you wont regret it.
    Agreed. I have one on mine and it doesn't affect screen sensitivity at all. I'd never have another touchscreen phone without one.
    Yes, I have always put one on. Why take the chance? Sure the rubbery feel is not the best but id rather deal with that than a big ugly scratch.

The iphone does have a pretty scratch resistant screen but everyone i know with one has put a protector. When I first got my pre a smart as at work tried to show me how the iphone was better and took his keys too the screen. Yea well he put a nice scratch right up the middle of his 3gs.
    i have full boddy protector for my pre, its scratch resistant and works great with life time replacment go to "zagg.com" and its 24.99 for the palm pre full boddy armer.
    this is from "zagg.com
    for the Palm Pre
    Military grade patented material engineered for your specific device
    Unique properties provide self-healing qualities
    Includes free lifetime replacement warranty for the life of your device
    Trusted worldwide with over 7 million invisibleSHIELDs sold
    45 day money back guaranteed

Full Body Coverage for $24.99
    Front Coverage for $14.99
    Extended Battery Coverage for $14.99
    GO CHECK IT OUT MINE WORKS GREAT AND DONT EVEN FEEL LIKE ITS ON THERE. WORTH THE INVESTMENT
    hust!!
    A. Hardwick 3rd
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I always use Screen Protectors because they arent only for protecting the screen. It's for keeping it looking new for when you sell it. I've done full body covers for my macbooks and older phones and they always get top dollar because of the pristine condition.

Unfortunately with this phone my resell problems will be based more on the overall crappiness of the phone hardware rather than just screen scuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    Yes, I have always put one on. Why take the chance? Sure the rubbery feel is not the best but id rather deal with that than a big ugly scratch.

The iphone does have a pretty scratch resistant screen but everyone i know with one has put a protector. When I first got my pre a smart as at work tried to show me how the iphone was better and took his keys too the screen. Yea well he put a nice scratch right up the middle of his 3gs.
    LoL... epic FAIL. Go figure.. he uses an iphone, what do you expect.
    it's a personal preference, I tried a screen protector for a day and don't like anything on it. 1 year later and still looks great without it.
    Not sure what the 3gs uses, but the droid and quite a few other high end devices are using gorilla glass. The pre does not. I tried going w/o screen protection and I managed to scratch this thing to hell and back in the span of a month. If you're asking me, I'll recommend a screen protector everytime - either zagg or phantom skinz (I have experience w/both and they're equal in almost every way).
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I've got a Pixi and I normally carry it in my front pants pocket and I'm very careful with it. Nevertheless, I have dropped it three times on the asphalt street (watching it drop in slow motion) and I was very, very lucky to only have three small nicks on the outer rim of the phone. the screen and keyboard were amazingly undamaged. After the 3rd drop, I decided to install a basic screen protector. It works ok, but the display is a little clouded by the plastic cover and it's hard to see the screen in bright sunlight.

I'd prefer not to use it, but it definitely offers peace-of-mind in case I drop my Pixi again!
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    USE a protector...dont listen to ANY bullsh!t about how strong a screen is on any phone. I had a Storm where people showed themselves scratching knives on it and not leaving a mark...whell mine got a big ol scratch just from a key in a pocket lol, I've seen droids scratched to all h3ll and same with iphones...none of them are durable enough to not use a screen protector unless if you are like the kid in a bubble and its either in your hand or in a case...if you pocket your phone a lot etc you better put one on it.

*On a side note I actually prefer the slight rubberiness of the screen protector because it makes it easier to slide the phone open with one hand!
    Why take a chance? You will be kicking yourself if you don't get one.
    Launch day pre, no screen protector. Zero scratches, and i'm like halfway ******** so you guys who need them must really abuse phones.
    I keep a screen protector on mine as well
    ive got a screen protector on mine, helps to keep the screen in perfect condition if i ever sell it
    i have one but i am very anal about things like this -- i put plastic on every thing -- Clarivue makes good screen protectors -- i use the privacy shield so that nosey people can't see what i am looking at -- it means i have to run the screen a little brighter but i like it --
    i had to trim the slightest bit off of the top of the privacy style because they keep the prox sensor from working if hey are on top of it

rob
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Add another vote for the protector. I didn't want to scratch the phone, wanted to keep the awesome look and feel (so any other type of cover wouldn't do it for me), and most importantly for me, the damn screen was such a magnet for smudges that I wanted something that would protect the screen when I was wiping the grease off with my shirt.

I have sropped the phone multiple times since putting it on and it has not one scratch on the front. The unprotected back, on the other hand...
    The Pre has a plastic screen which can be scratched fairly easily. I've been using a screen protector on mine since new...'Skinz' which has a lifetime warranty. Definitely recommend that you get a protector.

The iPhone and some of the Droid devices use a glass screen which aren't as prone to picking up scratches. Considering that the iPhone uses a coating on their screen to minimize fingerprint issues (still has them, just not as bad), I wouldn't recommend a protector on those phones....apparently the protector can harm the coating....
    I got a protector for my replacement because frankly, as resistant as the screen may be able to be claimed to be, the body is definitely crap. My last pre was scuffed from a few drops and being in my pocket/bag with other things. So I bought the front fullbody protector InvisibleShield (have the extended battery back)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast