Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So on both my wife's pre (stock), and my pre (unthrottle patch, 800mhz patch,with full bars, i can't get anywhere close to 1Mbs both locally on the device itself using Mobile Speed test Testmyiphone.com - iPhone Speed Test or any other mobile speed test site for that matter. (btw, what's the definitive best one?)

I'm mostly seeing 300-600Kbps. More importantly I wanted to tether to my laptop or my iPad with my pre and I can't seem to get more than 200Kbps via either Mobile hotspot or Mytether. It started when I had mytether on my phone and I thought the speed was because mytether hasn't been working great since 1.4.1. I uninstalled that and put on mobile hotspot, and that didn't increase the speed either (although much more reliable in getting it to work).

I remember I used to be able to get over 1Mbs when I first got my pre, and when mytether came out. But now, it's frustrating that I can't get 3G speeds.

Is it the pre? or is it sprint? I'm about to webosdoctor my phone just to double check if it isn't a mytether legacy issue.
    Yes I get 1.5mbs on sprints Evdo at my house.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Yes I get 1.5mbs on sprints Evdo at my house.
    Is this on your pre, or thru mytether or mobile hotspot? Is this a stock pre or patched with anything special?

thanks
    Same here, when I updated to 1.4.1, the wifi tethering no longer works, I have to use bluetooth. And, the speed went from 1700kbps to about 500. It sucks.
    I just got 998Kbps down and 212Kbps up from testmyiphone.com. Slower than I am used to, certainly, but not too bad.
    Thats on my phone thats patched using Mobile Speed test. I'll test the speed while using MHS on sprint and let you know what I get on the netbook.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    I got around 570 kbps on ev-do. Then I tested wifi just for fun and got this

This is with my Cpu with MHS:
    Last edited by Rafy0003; 04/11/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    yeah using mobile hotspot on sprint i get about 1.5mb consitently.
    On my web browser on my Pre I got: 1785.14 Kbps, Which is pretty damn fast...Which is one of the reason's I love my Pre.

ChaosMarine03: Your speeds are really fast. Your speed is mine on Hgh...Im jealous.
    1204 Kbps down, 173 Kbps up on testmyiphone.com.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Here's what I get at home for download:

I have seen it go as high as 1500 and as low as 300.
  13.    #13  
    So I webosdoctor my phone, did a full factory restore, then loaded up the mobile hotspot. I can't get anything faster then 200Kbps on my ipad, and about 150Kbps on my thinkpad.
    using Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test this is with 5 bars.

on the pre itself i'm only getting 500Kbps on Mobile Speed test
  14.    #14  
    argh.. more tests, yet i just can't get the speed up! I really want to use this often with my ipad. but 200Kbps just isn't gonna cut it.

any suggestions?
    I get 1.7Mbs in Stockton CA. Only get 1.5 in Sacto. Didn't skip a beat from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4.1.1.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    argh.. more tests, yet i just can't get the speed up! I really want to use this often with my ipad. but 200Kbps just isn't gonna cut it.

any suggestions?
    Sounds like maybe your area just has either a poor or congested signal? Did you try during off-peak hours to see if there's a difference?
    1.03 Mbps. Sweet.
    1309 kbps from mobilespeedtest.com

Hmmm just ran the test again and got 1525 kbps, then again right after and got 1733, i seem to be getting faster each time i do the test. this happening to anyone else?
    Last edited by richardschris; 04/13/2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: ran more tests
    Wow.... So I just got 6kbps down using mhs and my iPod touch. I got like 60kbps through my pres browser... Something is definitely clogging up sprints network in the panhandle tonite!
    hmmm 542 here... dammit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast