1.    #1  
    Good news for PALM , use google translator from talian-english for read this. I hope will be done shortly.....

SoloPalmari - HTC e Palm insieme. Interessante ipotesi
    translation for the lazies

HTC and Palm together to build a pole webOS able to compete with Android, iPhone, Symbian, BlackBerry and Windows Phone.

HTC and Palm together? The idea may seem farfetched, one of many hypotheses that these days trying to design a better future for the company in Sunnyvale, some time in distress. But on closer inspection the combination is not impossible, for a long series of reasons. Regularly listed in an interesting editorial webzine Engadget, that the merger (or, at worst, the joint venture) between HTC and Palm seems to believe really.

HTC and Palm, according to the blog U.S. could build a strong business hub that are in webOS his pillar. Able to deal openly with competitors like Symbian, Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. We follow the reasoning.

History, tradition and balance - Palm glorious past: his name will bind the first palm-sized "modern". But HTC is now much larger company that could "swallow" the Sunnyvale offices in a single mouthful. HTC, however, in turn, is "small" compared to the giants of mobile phones, and Nokia in particular.
    Spent in town - Palm and HTC have already worked together in the realization of some smartphones. In other words, you know, have a "bridge" collaborative experienced.
    Lack of prospects for HTC - Windows Mobile is dead, Windows 7 Phone Taiwanese company does not offer the right flexibility, and Android seems even without the rudder. HTC to enjoy an operating system is promising as an opportunity webOS rich.
    Palm smartphones need quality - HTC builds solid hardware devices within the facility, through a chain of high quality. Palm is using manufacturers that have offered results, and terminals, "to say the least poor."
    HTC is counting on strong distribution channels - "Gone are the days when there was a Palm Treo with any provider. While today there is a carrier that does not have to list a HTC device.
    Patents - Either one or the other company has the cabbages with a large number of patents. Join us, those hardware from HTC, and Palm software copyrights, "could blow up the world, causing an extraordinary explosion.

In short, HTC and Palm, together, could really mark the beginning of a new course in the history of mobile computing. It knows that mobile is not ready to give us some time to yet another exciting surprise.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    translation for the lazies

HTC and Palm together to build a pole webOS able to compete with Android, iPhone, Symbian, BlackBerry and Windows Phone.

HTC and Palm together? The idea may seem farfetched, one of many hypotheses that these days trying to design a better future for the company in Sunnyvale, some time in distress. But on closer inspection the combination is not impossible, for a long series of reasons. Regularly listed in an interesting editorial webzine Engadget, that the merger (or, at worst, the joint venture) between HTC and Palm seems to believe really.

HTC and Palm, according to the blog U.S. could build a strong business hub that are in webOS his pillar. Able to deal openly with competitors like Symbian, Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. We follow the reasoning.

History, tradition and balance - Palm glorious past: his name will bind the first palm-sized "modern". But HTC is now much larger company that could "swallow" the Sunnyvale offices in a single mouthful. HTC, however, in turn, is "small" compared to the giants of mobile phones, and Nokia in particular.
    Spent in town - Palm and HTC have already worked together in the realization of some smartphones. In other words, you know, have a "bridge" collaborative experienced.
    Lack of prospects for HTC - Windows Mobile is dead, Windows 7 Phone Taiwanese company does not offer the right flexibility, and Android seems even without the rudder. HTC to enjoy an operating system is promising as an opportunity webOS rich.
    Palm smartphones need quality - HTC builds solid hardware devices within the facility, through a chain of high quality. Palm is using manufacturers that have offered results, and terminals, "to say the least poor."
    HTC is counting on strong distribution channels - "Gone are the days when there was a Palm Treo with any provider. While today there is a carrier that does not have to list a HTC device.
    Patents - Either one or the other company has the cabbages with a large number of patents. Join us, those hardware from HTC, and Palm software copyrights, "could blow up the world, causing an extraordinary explosion.

In short, HTC and Palm, together, could really mark the beginning of a new course in the history of mobile computing. It knows that mobile is not ready to give us some time to yet another exciting surprise.

Thanks mikevember.

GO Palm and HTC !!!!!!!!!!
    Just an Italian translation of an english translation of the endgadget article. Nothing to see here, folks.
    It seems like the perfect partnership to me - HTC have no OS but can build excellent hardware and Palm have a great OS but build lousy hardware. They compliment each other brilliantly.

I doubt very much that HTC will move exclusively to WebOS devices though because their bread and butter is in making hardware for other companies so a buy-out and then a move to making only WebOS devices seems massively unlikely. However a HTC manufactured device running Palm WebOS with some HTC R&D and marketing dollar behind it could be awesome.

It will be interesting to see if this is a buy-out or merely some kind of partnership, but I definitely think something is on the cards... no smoke without fire and all that.
    Imagine a world where a piece of hardware like the HTC Evo is running Web OS.

I want to go to there.

detroitkruk
    Geez I would love to see webOS on something like the HTC Touch Pro 2, I'd grab that in a heartbeat!

The Evo is great & powerful, but just too big for my tastes