1.    #1  
    We can currently upload easily to Facebook and Photobucket from the Photo's application, but I think it would be nice to do it with others like deviantART, Myspace, Orkut, Flickr, TwitPic, ImageShack, Tinypic, Picasa web, Kodak Gallery, DropShots, SmugMug, etc.?

Can anyone make a patch for these options? I would greatly appreciate it and I am sure many others would as well.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It would be nice!
    I really shouldn't give these guys a plug because they have lousy support, but there is an app available from the app catalog called Pixelpipe that allows you to upload photos to many different sites, including some of those you have listed.

Great app when it works. You can set it up to load multiple pictures to multiple sites, all at once.

They have a forum here but if you read through it, you can see that they rarely answer any questions or address any problems.

No response to emails either.

Also, here is their website where you can sign up and manage your pics from a PC.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I really shouldn't give these guys a plug because they have lousy support, but there is an app available from the app catalog called Pixelpipe that allows you to upload photos to many different sites, including some of those you have listed.

Great app when it works. You can set it up to load multiple pictures to multiple sites, all at once.

They have a forum here but if you read through it, you can see that they rarely answer any questions or address any problems.

No response to emails either.

Also, here is their website where you can sign up and manage your pics from a PC.
    I have to agree PixelPipe is a bad investment of time and money. This is the reason for this thread. Because we have no "decent" way to backup our images to our preferred site. Thanks for the input though .
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I would love a patch to upload pictures to Flickr. And it would be great if we could also upload videos to Flickr. I've read that PixelPipe can be wonky.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chowd View Post
    I would love a patch to upload pictures to Flickr. And it would be great if we could also upload videos to Flickr. I've read that PixelPipe can be wonky.
    You have a point... i was only thinking of pictures at first but you sparked the video idea... i forgot about the video's as I don't shoot video's to often. But this would be just as important as the image upload.

7.    #7  
    Can anyone make any of these?

8.    #8  
    I see someone made a SmugMug client, but I believe it was a pay app so I have yet to try it out. But I am glad to see there is some progress on these items.

I'd love to see a way to upload to Gallery3. PixelPipe supports Gallery2, but not Gallery3 -- which has a totally different API. I'm sure they will eventually add support for it (I hope), but who knows when that will be?

I'm surprised there isn't a developer out there that can/will make these kinds of things. (Well, besides PixelPipe.) I would be willing to donate money for a Gallery3 uploader... not that much money ($10-20?) because baby #1 is due soon and he'll need diapers more than I need Gallery3 upload support, but still. Anyone?

/Kevin
    Or how about a way to upload to a Gallery 2 gallery.
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    Or how about a way to upload to a Gallery 2 gallery.
    That, too. PixelPipe, though, at least supports uploads to Gallery 2 galleries. So there's a solution, even if it's not ideal. There's nothing at all for Gallery 3.

Nor CPG (Coppermine Photo Gallery), which would get my vote as well.

/Kevin
    It seems to me that a natural for connecting these things would be ZumoDrive. It would be a great add-on for that app to not only store your images in the cloud, but let you share them with sites like those. Perhaps someday...
  13.    #13  
    Looks like that someday is Friday.

PS. Sorry to dig up an old thread.