1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I am new to the site and am a new owner to a Sprint Palm Pre (2 weeks). Today, I texted to a google voice phone number and after a few minute, I received a text message back "your message was successfully delivered to an answering machine or voicemail... Thanks for using text to landline. I don't think it's supposed to do that!

I called Sprint support line but they have no idea about this. I tried to search the site but I didn't see any threads discussed this issue. But again, I am new to this forum and my knowledge of how to use it is still very limited. Does anyone has the same problem or knows how to correct this?

On a different note, I would also appreciate a google voice invite if you can spare one! I signed up on google for at least two weeks now and haven't gotten any.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    K
    I'm having this same problem. It's super annoying. Anyone know?
    That has been a feature/bug depending on how you look at since my early Treo days.
    That's total crap. Is there any way to trick the phone/network into thinking it's a cell number? (cause it is) Do you think it's the Pre or Sprint?
    It is a Sprint function. Verizon will charge you to do the same thing. I actually like the feature. I text Happy Birthday Greetings to my teachers and when it rings them at home it is like a personal message from me.
    I suppose that would be a nice feature but I wish there was some way to ask Sprint to mark certain numbers as Cell phones. It's very inconvenient and my friends will call me wondering why they just got my text read to them.
    Yes it does make you be extra careful when texting. You just need to make sure you have the numbers labeled correctly.
    No, I mean I'm unable to text my friends anymore.
    What do you mean you can't text your friends anymore?
    Google Voice replaces all your contact numbers with (406) area code for texing purposes so your number will show up as your Google Voice number to them. Some of these (406) numbers are mistaken as landlines by Sprint, so I cannot text some of them.
  11.    #11  
    No, with google voice, you can select any area code. My friend's google voice is a 513 area code.

I am not sure if this issue is with Sprint since another sprint customer friend also texts to this number without any problems. I was at att and I texted this numbers all the time for years without any issues at all. And yes, I have this number as a mobile phone. I even deleted the entry, had her text me and saved the number as a cell number. I thought it might helped since I received text from this number. Nope! Still thinks it's landline.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    GV number registers as a landline
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
  13.    #13  
    I did not know that. To GV users -- you don't get text to the phone? How did I manage to text my friend when I was using att service? Sorry - I am not a techie.

Still waiting for the GV invitation, hint, hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindication84 View Post
    Google Voice replaces all your contact numbers with (406) area code for texing purposes so your number will show up as your Google Voice number to them. Some of these (406) numbers are mistaken as landlines by Sprint, so I cannot text some of them.
    You have to find out which one is the mobile number I have several 406 numbers that I still text but you are right it won't deliver the message from Google voice to a landline.