Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know how extreme of a thought/request this is... but is it possible to undock the app cards from the single axis they lock onto?

Webos would be a lot cooler if I could perhaps minimize cards to the size they are when you rearrange them with the tap and hold, but then leave them where I let go instead of having them snap back to that axis. Of course some gesture/tap command to line them back up would be neat too.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    If this were possible, you would probably already know about it seeing as that would be a major feature.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Unless if I'm not fully understanding you, but the pre already does this
    Im sorry, i have no clue what you are trying to describe
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Unless if I'm not fully understanding you, but the pre already does this

Do this...

Open 3 cards, i don't care what and be in minimized on the middle one. Now, tap between the quick launch bar and the bottom of the middle card, the cards minimize even further. Now, take a card, tap and hold and pull it up and to the side a little... If you let go, it will return to the center, or to the side of one of the other cards.

What I'm wondering, is if it's possible to somehow make webOS NOT snap the cards into a pretty line? So I can move them around how I want on the screen, and then perhaps with some sort of gesture/tap command make them go back to the way they currently line up.
    Web Os already does that. You can move the cards in any order you want. If you're saying that it would be better if you can just use the gesture bar to control the cards then, that makes alot of scene, so you wont have to keep scrolling and scrolling with your fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    Do this...

Open 3 cards, i don't care what and be in minimized on the middle one. Now, tap between the quick launch bar and the bottom of the middle card, the cards minimize even further. Now, take a card, tap and hold and pull it up and to the side a little... If you let go, it will return to the center, or to the side of one of the other cards.

What I'm wondering, is if it's possible to somehow make webOS NOT snap the cards into a pretty line? So I can move them around how I want on the screen, and then perhaps with some sort of gesture/tap command make them go back to the way they currently line up.
    OK, and i just did it and you right it does snap in to a different spot, like how it is supposed to. but if I'm understanding you right, lets say if you have 10 cards all minimized and instead of having them in a pretty straight line you would prefer for you to put them where ever you like. Like for example you can have 10 minimized card on a single screen and put it in order then with a single command have them stay in that order.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    OK, and i just did it and you right it does snap in to a different spot, like how it is supposed to. but if I'm understanding you right, lets say if you have 10 cards all minimized and instead of having them in a pretty straight line you would prefer for you to put them where ever you like. Like for example you can have 10 minimized card on a single screen and put it in order then with a single command have them stay in that order.
    You've understood the undock part of my question, but have the gesture and/or tap command reversed... I could have the cards all arranged how I like, but when I'm done or require organization, this command would bring them back to the single X axis.

For those still not understanding what I'm talking about, think of being able to move the cards around your screen like you move windows on your PC, they stay put when you let go, and you can organize them layered over each other as you like so you can see the important parts/keep an eye on multiple things.
    I don't know how extreme of a thought/request this is... but is it possible to undock the app cards from the single axis they lock onto?

Webos would be a lot cooler if I could perhaps minimize cards to the size they are when you rearrange them with the tap and hold, but then leave them where I let go instead of having them snap back to that axis. Of course some gesture/tap command to line them back up would be neat too.
    +1 i been thinking and wanting this for a long time it would be so cool
  10.    #10  
    I would happily send a chunk of change towards anyone willing to develop something like this.
    You've understood the undock part of my question, but have the gesture and/or tap command reversed... I could have the cards all arranged how I like, but when I'm done or require organization, this command would bring them back to the single X axis.

For those still not understanding what I'm talking about, think of being able to move the cards around your screen like you move windows on your PC, they stay put when you let go, and you can organize them layered over each other as you like so you can see the important parts/keep an eye on multiple things.
    LOL, didn't want you to think that i was giving you a hard time or anything, but i understand now. I love that idea I'm sure it will work great for a verizon pre+, but on my sprint we would probably get that to many cards BS lol. great idea BTW.
  12.    #12  
    could a mod possibly move this to where devs could see it
    He's asking if it is possible to make the cards adjustable, so you can move them across the screen, and have them sit somewhere that is not on the axis. Like maybe one card positioned on the bottom left corner.. or one on the top right.. or one in the middle..

:|
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Sorta like minimizing a card?
    I understand it sorta'.

Would be cool if someone could do this.
    lol the more I'm thinking about this the more i find myself referring to how a memo board would look. Then at a hit of a button have what ever you already organized in the same order but with single line view
    Basically it is an interesting idea, but honestly I see a variant as a better solution for those of us that like to have a ****load of cards/apps open - having them snap to three individually scrollable neatly lined up lines.

One for web pages, another for PIM apps and the last for anything else.

Moving some apps to the left, right or senter of the cards could be picked up by the OS as a preference for the cards to "prioritize" in the order ...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Basically it is an interesting idea, but honestly I see a variant as a better solution for those of us that like to have a ****load of cards/apps open - having them snap to three individually scrollable neatly lined up lines.

One for web pages, another for PIM apps and the last for anything else.

Moving some apps to the left, right or senter of the cards could be picked up by the OS as a preference for the cards to "prioritize" in the order ...
    I thought about something similar earlier, in that it would be a grid instead of a line, but closing apps would become a hassle from the lower rows... whereas a freeform system still allows you to flick it away.
    I'm not thinking of a grid, but two more lines like the one we have today when the cards are fully minimized. What ends up in which of these three rows depends on type of card it is.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
  19.    #19  
    I'd still like freeform organization... can someone tell me if this is possible, or at least why it isn't?
    I'm definitely on board with this idea, this idea occured to me once or twice before and i wondered why it hasnt been done yet. I would think it would be a huge modification though, but I would throw money towards the dev's to do this

+1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast