1.    #1  
    So, I've had a Touchstone on my desk at work for some time, pulled it off a while back to take it with me on a month-long trip out of town. Then, while I was gone, I couldn't get it to stick to anything. I cleaned it a bunch of times with no luck. Pretty frustrating that this one wouldn't stick and my wife's has stopped working altogether.

Well, it's been back on my desk for two weeks, and yesterday I went to take it off again for another trip and the thing wouldn't budge. I yanked on it for quite some time before finally using a claw-hammer to pry it up. It's f'in with me.
    The longer it's in place, the better it sticks.
    I was reading in a post awhile back in here that the surface emulates the feet of a lizard, that's why it eventually sticks. Originally I tried mounting it on my console of my car and at first it worked great, but as the temperature dropped the little lizard's feet got cold and the next morning I found my TS charger on the floor of my car so I switched to industrial velcrose.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    The longer it's in place, the better it sticks.
    I don't get it; that thing had been stuck to my desk for like 4 months and when I went to pull it off the first time I had to twist it a bit, but it came right off. This time it was only two weeks and it wouldn't budge. Strange.
    hahaha lol, This thread reminded me when i was trying to take my touchstone off of my glass computer table, you really do need a mini pry bar
    Every so often I have to take the touchstone off of my desk when I go home from school. Needless to say my roommate is quite amused with the lengths I have to go to in order to get the thing off of my desk.
    Yeah, I'm still amazed by the circle of paint that got pulled off my wall the time I attempted sticking the Touchstone to it for a few minutes, and then went to remove it.
    I have one on my nightstand, but I left the plastic film on so I can move it around.
    I wish Palm would use the TS in its Pre commercials, it is one of the best things about having a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I'm still amazed by the circle of paint that got pulled off my wall the time I attempted sticking the Touchstone to it for a few minutes, and then went to remove it.
    Lmao, ill have to try that
    LOL...I have a TS on my granite backsplash in the kitchen... real convenient just to stick my or wife's Pre to the backsplash...its there and visible so the Pre never gets forgotten as we rush out the door. It does require a fillet knife to break the suction though.

As an aside, if Palm doesn't 'wow' me with their next gen hardware and I do opt for an HTC EVO, the TS alone will make that decision very difficult. The TS adds a convenience that you don't realize until you don't have it to use anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    As an aside, if Palm doesn't 'wow' me with their next gen hardware and I do opt for an HTC EVO, the TS alone will make that decision very difficult. The TS adds a convenience that you don't realize until you don't have it to use anymore.
    Most agreed, I'm in the same boat. The best kept secret about the pre has been the touchstone. I do believe that if the had included the cover with the Pre. We would not have seen as many problems with screen cracking. This will be one of the items I will miss the most Palm disappoints again.
    Yeah the TS is great! I wonder what other phone company is going to "invent" it next..