1.    #1  
    I added the battery temperature gauge to my drop down menu the day before yesterday, and I have noticed that my device response has been a little suspect (i.e., I touch the app menu or apps and they don't respond right away) and my battery life has dropped noticeably. I noticed the same thing with any patches that add functions to the drop down menu (i.e., roam only, gps, and data toggles).

I also installed the warning patch, but that doesn't seem to have the same effect, though I would like the option to alter the polling rate.

Thanks!
    Last edited by pelikan3; 04/10/2010 at 09:44 PM.
    I haven't noticed any decrease with these patches. I could understand it being worse taking a poll of the battery but after 1.4.1 its been the opposite with me. Battery seems better....dunno
  3.    #3  
    I will mention that I am actually nervous to not have them, so it's worth the sacrifice and I just make sure to plug it in more often.
    Added the battery patch a few days ago (have a pre plus) and have noticed a significant hit on battery life.
    do they really,thought it was my imagination.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    do they really,thought it was my imagination.
    I keep trying them because they are such a simple and elegant solution. But But, the lag and the battery hit are just too much. Not sure why it makes a difference if these functions are controlled by a resident app or a patch to an existing function, but it does.
    it's possible temperature warnings patch may cause some additional battery drain (as it sends out service request every 5min) though the other temperature patches shouldn't cause battery issues nor slowdown
    I just removed the temperature warning patch from my Pre. I was idling and losing between 4-5% battery per hour. I will update in a couple hours with the difference. I do however think it is a worthy patch but if it going to cause the battery to take such big hit then I going to take my chances.

I feel better doing it now....after installing the cpuscalerultimate patch with 800 Mhz overclocking patch and the phone seems to be running cooler by 4-5 degrees.

Please take no offense Jason....You have got a bunch of great patches!!!!!!!
    I was waiting for the new updated patch so I can install to watch my 800 mhz tweak. My battery usually drains fairly fast anyways, but I always let it drain down to 10% before I charge. Maybe time for a new battery.