Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    cant wai for the pre 2.
    i hope the hardware is ground breaking!
    i think htc, however unlikely, would be a fantastic candidate for a hardware manufacturer!

please post ideas and comments for Pre2 SW HW or release date!

edit: there is nothing official about this besides it being the first. haha i got a little carried away
    Last edited by Fitz39; 04/10/2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    cant wai for the pre 2.
    i think htc, however unlikely, would be a fantastic candidate for a hardware manufacturer!

I just got off the phone with Jon. Apparently the C40 (the Pre 2) is coming to Sprint and Verizon in Late 2010, and to AT &T in early 2011. I can't confirm the hardware though...
    The first post doesn't speak volumes on the "official-ness" of this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-palm-devices/ = where this thread belongs and being in the wrong place doesn't seem too "official"
    I just had lunch with Jon. He said since the world was ending in 2012, he really didn't feel the need to press innovations much further than the pre.
    i personally do not think it matters who creates the hardware for gen2... htc is just getting a lot of good press lately for some solid designs with great specs. a year before that, people would spit venom at the name when mentioned on even this forum.

the main issue is whoever came up with the pre design, palm approved it and wanted it and they made it. and i personally believe that no matter who made it, it was more complicated to build and make solid and they really messed up trying to out-style steve jobs apple-style products.

look at the pixi... probably manufactured from the same people that do the pre... and you dont read posts of build issues like you did with pre. just a solid design.

my opinion on pre2 i've mentioned before... if you are palm and in dire straits and you basically have one more shot with a new next gen web-os phone and you want it to sell to a wide audience... you better go with an iphone-like or nexus-like or hd2-like.... a full touchscreen phone. if they dont, they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    cant wai for the pre 2.

edit: there is nothing official about this besides it being the first. haha i got a little carried away
    Last edited by donm527; 04/11/2010 at 12:47 AM.
    oh my god.
    Jon is doing one of my cousins, but on easter diner he was talking about a 7" screen size to shut everyone up on ripping on the pre's small screen along with an landscape keyboard.
    Last edited by Menace187; 04/11/2010 at 02:00 AM.
    dang it, you got my hopes up that there was some actuall news about a pre2, curse you!
    well I just spend the night with john, and he informed me that, the pre 2s cpu is going to be more powerful than a snapdragon... I'll be seeing him again next weekend, so ill have more info then..
    I don't think doing an all touchscreen phone is the answer, I think doing a bigger screen (not huge) more power and adding a software vkb option will make it better among other things. I think it should be an option because alot of pre users are wanting better hardware but w/keyboard as well.
    Jon's been stepping out with my mother, and in form of blackmail has been letting me field test the new WebOS device. Expect blurry pictures to follow soon, after I find buyers.