1.    #1  
    How do I know? My original pre, first day purchase, developed a crack on the screen. I want to cry, but being a man, will only do so when no one else is around. I went to Sprint and although being sympathetic, they could only offer either a new one or fix the screen on my baby. Sob, sob, I broke my baby! I was hoping that they would tell me that it was my imagination, but the crack is real. Sob, sob. Should I fix it or wait for the end of the world? I need advise. I am too emotionally involved.
    replace for the newer hardware revision and to get a new 1 year warranty... but keep the old battery as a spare!
    Repeat after me: It's... only... a... phone...

Just kidding.

I suggest you go ahead and get it fixed (one way or another). You might be waiting a long time for the end of the world. Or it could come tomorrow. We don't know.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Your post has me wondering... how many of the notorious hardware problems are with the first generation Sprint devices as compared to the Pre Plus hardware at Verizon?

Sprint people, Verizon people... do any of you care to weigh in?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Repeat after me: It's... only... a... phone...

Just kidding.

I suggest you go ahead and get it fixed (one way or another). You might be waiting a long time for the end of the world. Or it could come tomorrow. We don't know.
    Oh.. You didn't get the email? Oh well. but thanks for the suggestion. I guess I will have to fix it, but I had got it just as I wanted it, with all my patches, etc.
    Wow.
    The Saint
    My screen has a scratch but I've just been living with it.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    does it have an oreo?
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    This.

On a serious note, sorry to hear. Hope the next one is a little hardier.
    Lmao, nice. while i been abusing mines so that i can feel like I'm not wasting money on my $7 a month insurance. i at least want to use it before i go on to my next palm device. oh yeah BTW I'm still on my original pre in case you are wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Lmao, nice. while i been abusing mines so that i can feel like I'm not wasting money on my $7 a month insurance. i at least want to use it before i go on to my next palm device. oh yeah BTW I'm still on my original pre in case you are wondering
    Chat Odyssey 1001!!!!