Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was *this* close to going Android (hero or something better). Hell, I was even lusting after a winmo HD2 when it was released in Europe last year. Either way, the Pre was never on my radar (and I had seen plenty of commercials throughout last summer/fall). Then this year for some reason I decided to check out a few videos on youtube about the pre, I think it was a comparison between the Pre and the iphone (I've never had an interest in the iphone).

Anyway, the unique features of the pre, especially but not limited to things like the touchstone and the gestures, intrigued me. I found that I couldn't stop looking for info on this phone. Suddenly, android looked stale and even the sense UI of the HD2 looked a bit quaint. I was laser-focused on the Pre. The only question remaining was whether AT&T would ever get one.

I waited and waited and finally they announced it. BUT THEY DIDN'T ANNOUNCE A DATE! So I was impatient, jumped to Sprint and bought a Pre. Wish it was a Plus, but them's the breaks. I don't regret it at all.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    My ATT Treo 680 was getting long on the tooth and I fell in love with webOS and the idea of a touch screen phone with a physical keyboard. I also wanted to use ActiveSync with my work Exchange server. I came really close to getting an iPhone , but could not deal with the application switching model. The webOS cards are just such a perfect solution.

I then switched from Sprint to Verizon because 1) the family plan was cheaper for me, 2) I was having coverage problems with Sprint at home and 3) I wanted a Pre Plus with the more solid build and better keyboard.
    Last edited by miata; 04/10/2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Needed to replace my 755p and the Pre looked like a really cool phone.
    I chose palm because of the size - it was same as my sentro. second, possibility of easily moving my contact info, display was better then droid (crisper), mylti tasking and mylti touch...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    People talked of Flash for it, so I lurk until it comes out.
    I have been with Sprint for ever, 12 years. Had an HTC Touch(original version). At the time I was deciding between HTC Touch Pro or possibly wait for Android. I saw the Pre and decided it was the phone for me. I was one of those day one guys, in line, but not to early, on June 6, 2009. I have been pretty much happy ever since, except for a few minor hiccups (i.e. 4 bad phones).

Also, even though, in the beginning, the nay sayers said you couldn't do 3D games on the Pre, but I didn't believe them. I read too much about the processor and about WebOS, and new that it was possible for the programming to make 3D games. Sure enough we got 3D games.

I just told my wife, I might keep the Pre longer than the normal year I go with a phone. The HTC EVO 4G does interest me, but still I like some of the games and interface of the Pre and WebOS. I don't want to jump to early, so I will probably wait until the end of the Summer to see.

I do like WebOS, and would definitely stay with Palm and Sprint for the next WEBOS version. But for me to stay with Palm, it better have reliable hardware, a higher processor, more memory, a front and back camera and a larger screen. Basically the HTC EVO 4G, but with WebOS.

Let's hope I am not forced to change to Android.
    I was intrigued by the Pre since they announced it at CES last year, but I felt like it was missing something. At the time I was on WinMo (which I had jumped to since I was tired of the Palm OS Treos) and felt that webOS had the potential to do almost everything I've ever wanted in a phone. But still it felt & sounded incomplete. My lady really wanted one, so I got her one on Black Friday for an early Christmas gift. The more I played with hers, the more I wanted one for myself. After getting frustrated with WinMo instabilities, and getting frustrated with limitations of a BB Tour I had for about 5 months (I never liked them but thought since so many people have them, they must like it for a reason... Then once I got one I remembered why I didn't like them), I cautiously tried a Pre. I'm really liking it so far
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I took the plunge w/Pre+ today w/the BOGO offer at Verizon. Upgrade time and thought webOS was the way to go over Android for how easy it is to navigate. The Mobile Hotspot for free will rock. Been visiting P/C for last few months getting a feel for what the Pre community has done and am amazed at the developers! Looking forward to discovering all the possibilities this phone offers...
    Well...

1) best looking phone at Bell mobility(and still is)

2) I was sick of all the iphone and blackberries, i wanted somethine new and different

3) after 10 minutes of webos research i was in love with it

My pre has made me happy unlike all my friends who keep on switchin between iphones and blackberries and androids phones.
    seriously impressed with the card multitasking, and the fact that it was a palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I was intrigued by the Pre since they announced it at CES last year, but I felt like it was missing something. At the time I was on WinMo (which I had jumped to since I was tired of the Palm OS Treos) and felt that webOS had the potential to do almost everything I've ever wanted in a phone. But still it felt & sounded incomplete. My lady really wanted one, so I got her one on Black Friday for an early Christmas gift. The more I played with hers, the more I wanted one for myself. After getting frustrated with WinMo instabilities, and getting frustrated with limitations of a BB Tour I had for about 5 months (I never liked them but thought since so many people have them, they must like it for a reason... Then once I got one I remembered why I didn't like them), I cautiously tried a Pre. I'm really liking it so far
    +1 man i feel you
    This is the first phone I've ever owned that didn't feel like a stepping stone to the next phone I get.

And it's not like I get a new phone very often, in the past they were usually hand-me-downs from my wife's upgrades.

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing I need to do that the Pre doesn't, and I'm honestly shocked that something like it exists in the current marketplace.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I needed/wanted a smart phone. It had to be on Sprint (they had the best plan in the $ department). I picked the Pre after picking it up in store and navigating it. Almost 0 learning was required. Picked up the Hero, couldn't do jack. The Pre also felt better in my pocket and had the hardware keyboard and was the Sprint flagship phone. I bought it and have been happy with the purchase.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I have always been a Palm person. I had several with the Palm OS operating system. I upgraded, or so I thought, to the Windows Mobile platform and was 'stuck' with it until I started hearing the buzz on the Palm Pre. I watched all the video from the conference that Pre was introduced. I was hooked and knew that the Pre would be my next phone. I love it...I am just discouraged that Palm is not doing better. I know there are problems, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Because verizon didn't have the iphone.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    They gave me one.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I had been a Palm Centro and Sprint user before picking up Pre. Sprint is probably a bigger factor there, because I cannot bare the high data rate on Verizon and AT&T.

There are a bunch of smaller reasons. I have not love for Apple. iPhone only appealed to me for its webbrowers and simple interface. WebOS matched or beat both.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  18. END
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    We jumped ship from at&t and with our new family plan shopped for 3 smart phones.
    Basically with Sprint that left us with the Pre, Pixi, Hero & Moment.

We did not like the design of the others to begin with, however we did give them a good twice over. In addition, my wife wanted a real keyboard since she was coming from a Blackberry.

We all loved the elegance of WebOS.
    We consider them best looking phones out of the bunch.
    We like Palm
    WebOS
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Because Palm are the mother****ing ****
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast