1.    #1  
    Is there anyway at all to add emoticons to my phone? I know i find some sets for MSN etc but are the're anyway to add to the phone?

If not, can I take the animated gifs and use those to send through MMS?
    Yes, I can show you how. There is animated gif support as well for the emotions.
  3.    #3  
    Ok cool, How? I am now just finding alot of emoticons and saving them to a folder on my desktop and will transfer when I'm done

I also did by the emoticons applications but still wanna use some of my own I find..

appreciate any help? Phone is unlocked also if needed be or hacked or whatever lol
    there is a patch for it,w patch all you got to do is press sym then letter z and you will see all of them
  5.    #5  
    ok cool, I think I have that one but the one I found was a emoticon flicking you off and I want that on my phone so I could use
  6.    #6  
    BTW I just downloded a set called Rudelittlelot, (all rude emoticons) can I just move that folder to my Pre and be done, then just attach as normal for mms
  7.    #7  
    Ok, so I added the emoticons to my phone through USB but now my phone does not even see them and they are all .gif files...? Any suggestions..?
    What you are going to have to do is:

Name the icons you wish to import strategically. Such as (emoticon-smiley.png). They can be .png or .gif

Now place the images at:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/emoticons/
    Once that is done, you will have to edit this file. This is where the OS looks to replace the code with the corresponding image:
    Code:
    /etc/palm/emoticon-base-dictionary.txt
    If you wish to replace "", then just go to that entry and replace the image link to that emoticon. I recommend that you use images that are reasonable in size.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9.    #9  
    cool, thanks, let me try that now
    thers an app in the catolog. Free
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    What you are going to have to do is:

Name the icons you wish to import strategically. Such as (emoticon-smiley.png). They can be .png or .gif

Now place the images at:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/emoticons/
    Once that is done, you will have to edit this file. This is where the OS looks to replace the code with the corresponding image:
    Code:
    /etc/palm/emoticon-base-dictionary.txt
    If you wish to replace "", then just go to that entry and replace the image link to that emoticon. I recommend that you use images that are reasonable in size.
    Where Are these folder at that you speak of? I am in usb mode and I have my folders set to show hidden files and folders but dont see the /usr/palm/emoticons/ or the other one..any suggestions? I could be looking in wrong area
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    thers an app in the catolog. Free
    True, but if you read the description of that app.. it only works of the user you are 'sending to' has that same application installed. If they don't, they won't see the emote.
  13.    #13  
    Ok I found the folders through Quick Install but now how do I get to that txt document to edit it?
    Last edited by Kinglion; 04/12/2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: ..