1.    #1  
    I love my Pre! Maybe too much, but I've taken up a practice of weekly maintenance of cleaning my Pre like a soldier clean cleans his/her weapon. I do this once or twice a week.

First I shut down the phone and remove the back and take out the battery.

Then I use an old toothbrush of mine with double thin fibers to remove dust and dirt around the whole back, speaker, keyboard, front speaker and all areas where dust can accumulate blowing it all out as I go.

I then take a dust free cleaning cloth and clean off the camera lens the screen and all around the edges. I clean out the back and polish the mirror.
    I put the battery back in and replace the back cover.

When I'm done my phone looks like new again. I love my Pre!
    And I believe this will keep your phone in tip top condition.

Ok....Carry on.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    You got problems! Actually I do about the same every couple weeks. Seeing dust around the keyboard drives me nuts. I like to use the little cleaning cloths for safety glasses in our office first aid kit. Leaves everything nice and shiny! The only part I haven't cleaned yet is some little things that got under the camera lens.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    man you need help I could see doing that maybe once a month but once or twice a week, that's sick.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardDog View Post
    man you need help I could see doing that maybe once a month but once or twice a week, that's sick.
    He may just have dusty pockets And really, you're supposed to clean your entire house once a week so why not personal electronics?

OP, try turning your pockets inside out when you wash them. You may be able to deduce your needed Pre cleaning.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    i do that before breakfast and before bed again every day...jk. maybe once every 2 weeks or so
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardDog View Post
    I don't have OCD or anything but after seven months my phone still looks and operates like new. Works for me. Am I sick?

Excellent! I little levity is always in order! OCD? Naaaa . . . .
    Do you remember PSION?
    Then Palm, Palm, Palm, WinMob6 (Uugh)
    now - - - PRE - - - !!
  8.    #8  
    Actually I only do it once a week

I do not go that far but I clean my screen and keyboard and camera lens everyday
    what can I say,to each is own. I clean my screen everytime it's oily and look dirty.
    I've shown my wife how to do it properly for me!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I have a box full of those alcohol free anti-static wipes for computer monitors, I use them on my Pre occasionally to wipe it up.
    Maybe on a boring sunday,
    other than that I would never have time.
    Even on a sunday I have a tight schedule.