Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to jump ahead in the list of contacts instead of having to scroll all the way through? In other words, if I am looking for a contact beginning with the letter "r", is there a way to get to the "r"s without having to scroll through a to r?
    Thanks from a newbie...
    -arniep
    Sure, just press "r" on your keyboard.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    With all cards minimized, just start typing the name of your contact.
    Truthfully, I don't even open up the Contacts app anymore unless I wanna edit the info of a contact. Generally, I will just start typing the first couple of letters for the contact in universal search.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    And, it is even better than that. If you are looking for "John Smith", and start to type "jsjsjs&$quot$; $universal$ $search$ $knows$ $what$ $you$ $are$ $looking$ $for$. $Chances$ $are$ $it$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $first$ $one$ $in$ $the$ $queue$. $So$, $no$ $need$ $to$ $even$ $open$ $up$ $the$ $contacts$ $app$ $as$ $stated$. $Universal$ $search$ $just$ $rocks$!
  6.    #6  
    Wow! I did not know of this search power. SO easy, once you know how to do it!
    Here is another really simply question...How do I put a link on my launcher screen? For example, if I wanted a frequently used contact to sit on my launcher screen, or say a frequently used web page...how would I put a link to those on my launcher page?
    Thanks to all for your help...arniep

Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    And, it is even better than that. If you are looking for "John Smith", and start to type "jsjsjs&$quot$; $universal$ $search$ $knows$ $what$ $you$ $are$ $looking$ $for$. $Chances$ $are$ $it$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $first$ $one$ $in$ $the$ $queue$. $So$, $no$ $need$ $to$ $even$ $open$ $up$ $the$ $contacts$ $app$ $as$ $stated$. $Universal$ $search$ $just$ $rocks$!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    Here is another really simply question...How do I put a link on my launcher screen? For example, if I wanted a frequently used contact to sit on my launcher screen, or say a frequently used web page...how would I put a link to those on my launcher page?
    For web pages, just go to that web page in your browser, then pull down the menu on the top left and hit Page > Add To Launcher.

You'll need an app like LaunchPoint if you want to put contacts in your launcher.
    You can add contacts to the launcher page. Here are the instructions straight from Palm's Support page.

Add a contact to the Launcher: Open Contacts. Tap the contact name, then open the application menu and tap Add to Launcher. The contact’s picture becomes an icon in the Launcher. (If the contact does not have a picture, a placeholder icon appears in the Launcher instead.)

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com.../72718_en.html
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Universal search is the best thing ever, still trying to get mines to work cause since 1.4.1.1, it had broke on me
    Works fine as others pointed out, conversely, if it is someone you REALLY talk to frequently, chances are they are fairly near the top of your call history. If it is someone you don't already have on speed-dial, open the call app, tap the little "list" icon in the lower right, then tap on who you want to call. (Otherwise I just pop open the keyboard and start typing their name to search for them).
    yes, all right universal search rocks and everything. but what if i don't want to open slider and feel more comfortable that way when handling the pre with one hand, is it not possible to add a letter index at the right edge of contacts list? JUST like the one in Music Player Remix??
    I can open the slider with one hand, type a few letters with my thumb, and tap on the results to dial. All with one hand...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I can open the slider with one hand, type a few letters with my thumb, and tap on the results to dial. All with one hand...
    That's pretty amazing...but while you're doing that, what are you doing with your other hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    That's pretty amazing...but while you're doing that, what are you doing with your other hand?
    Depends. Driving, Holding my office phone, using the mouse on my notebook. Keeping my balance while walking a tight rope between rooftops. etc. etc.

Back in the days of the RAZR phones, I think most phones were designed for one-handed operation. Palm definitely chose that route as a way to differentiate from most other smart phones that are more suited to two-handed use (like blackberry, iPhone, etc)
    I'm usually driving
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm usually driving
    As we humans evolve, at some point I think we'll have to have the vision capabilities of a chameleon so we can read our e-mail with one eye whilst still keeping our other one focused on the road ahead.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Playboy's comment is the way you get the contact on the launcher. However, I have my most frequent 5 or so contacts set up on speed dial. That way, I press and hold one letter and it calls them automatically.

To do so:

1. Open Contacts .
    2. Search for a contact and tap the contact name.
    3. Open the application menu and tap Set speed dial.
    4. Tap the phone number you want to assign a speed dial to, and then tap the key to use as a speed dial. (You may have to scroll to find the key you want.)

I love the speed dial. It definitely can be a one hand use situation.

Hope this helps.
    Remember, they taught us in Highschool Biology that what separated early man from apes was opposable thumbs. And opposable thumbs is what makes it possible to use a Pre or Pixi with one hand...

If a monkey could to that, he'd have his other hand free to throw **** at his friends, or type out the complete works of Shakespeare with a few million of his friends...
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    Whoa. Didn't know that. NIFTY!
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Whoa. Didn't know that. NIFTY!
    Wow, I wouldn't have expected that from someone with over 500 posts.

I wonder how many people have returned or exchanged their Pre's and had no idea of some of the most basic and useful functions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast