Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have mobile hotspot on my sprint palm pre BUT my xbox360 recognizes its there and I can enter the WPA code and then it just doesnt work. My ipod touch and laptops work. But It would have been sweet to use my pre for my xbox if a hotel doesnt have free wifi.
    Can anyone else use or have tried to use their xbox360?
    From what I've read here, a lot of people are having issues similar to yours. I'm not sure if anyone has a solution yet.
    doesn't work with PS3 or PSP either.
    same with my ps3
    doesnt work for the nintendo ds either i been saying it for a while now. the reason is that when you connect a new device (DS PSP XBOX PS3) the phone drops the data connection which doesnt let the devices connect to their server.....
    I did a tutorial for it awhile ago

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...0-psp-etc.html
    I wouldn't imagine you'd be able to do much with 1.5Mbps on a 360 or PS3.
    Omg dude. Thanks so much for giving me the brightest idea ever: Bringing my 360 on vacation with me. You win at this topic.

Also, to contribute to this topic, why not hook your 360 up to your laptop which connects through the Pre? The network is fairly simple, there are many tutorials out there if you're wondering how. And plus you don't have to buy that ridiculously expensive wireless adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Omg dude. Thanks so much for giving me the brightest idea ever: Bringing my 360 on vacation with me. You win at this topic.

Also, to contribute to this topic, why not hook your 360 up to your laptop which connects through the Pre? The network is fairly simple, there are many tutorials out there if you're wondering how. And plus you don't have to buy that ridiculously expensive wireless adapter.
    45 shipped for the wireless adapter?? lol sorry but im selling mine for pretty cheap

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter A/B/G - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com
    When I was overseas, for some reason when I tried to connect to the network via wifi adapter, it wouldn't work. But it worked just fine on my computer. So i just spoofed the mac address from my computer and it worked perfectly. Don't know if it would help you, but you could try that.
    Guys, the latency is WAY too high. Wireless itself isn't too good, but with a decent connection it works fine. But connecting to cell towers incurs wayy too much latency to be usable. 1.5 mbs is fine for dling videos or web pages, but then again loading a web page it doesn't matter if your latency is 10 or 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I wouldn't imagine you'd be able to do much with 1.5Mbps on a 360 or PS3.
    at my house i have 1.5 meg dsl and i can play any ps3 game no problem

the problem is ping, you cant play games with 350 ms ping
    i have played online with my xbox and mobile hot spot before but maybe its because of my speed? check out my signature
    also

Boys and girls i believe this is and NAT issue...
    My New Twitter App http://bit.ly/aeaD9O
    yup it is a nat issue..but I will say that using mobile hotspot instead of my computers wifi I get access to certain games that I usually can't get through the wifi..but I dunno how much data transfer this takes using mobile hotspot for gaming being that sprint has a 5gb cap limit..how will they know??
    I use to play PS3 & Xbox360 online all the time connected to mobile hotspot with no lag
    I just make it no password lol
    I have the plam pre plus from verizon. The phone is ok. Mobile Hotspot is nice will work for 360 if you have it set as an open network. I use mine everyday and only have problems with halo3
    are there really places with an xbox and an hdtv plugged in to power but without internet access? just wondering.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast