1.    #1  
    i haven't seen many threads on the pre's great camera shots.....i enjoy taking pics and the pre is a gem in the phone camera department...the pics come out clear with no setting playing and the upload to facebook and photobucket is so refreshing....no more haveing to send your pics via E-snail mail before you post to a forum or sharing site...even the video can be uploaded to Youtube with a press of the finger....

thumbs up to Palm for a wonderful job
    The camera is excellent with outdoor shots, but I tend to get quite a bit of noise when I take pictures indoors. The only thing the camera is primarily missing is auto-focus.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    yep, it's a nice camera especially outdoors. Hope they can bring us a 5mp+ camera on next palm device

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    agreed! Outdoor shots with plenty of light look amazing but indoors it hit or miss.
    My indoor and outdoor shots have always turned out great.
    i just dont understand why palm went with fixed focus when almost all other smartphones have auto-focus.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by note 1287 View Post
    i just dont understand why palm went with fixed focus when almost all other smartphones have auto-focus.
    as i did like the settings on my old HTC Mogul.....i feel that the ease of use the WebOs was giving....granted i miss the mindless hours spent on a windows based smartphone running maintenance and organizing files....but i do enough of that on my laptop....the photo quality is adequate for the internet postings i do....leaves time to do what i originally set out to do...ride and eat instead of always fiddling with my phone.....
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Fixed focus is less expensive to produce. Makes the most sense to me Palm was low on cash at the time, still are.
    I usually get noise on closer up or indoor shots... It shows up fantastic on the screen