Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. RicanS4's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone had the issue where they cannot receive SMS from a certain number and can also not send an SMS to that number?

    I have a friend that changed numbers yesterday and I can send SMS/MMS to the old number but not to the new number. I can also not receive any SMS from that new number. I've tried deleting the new number and adding it again to my contacts to no avail. Even after multiple reboots and switching airplane mode on and off I can't figure out what the problem is.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. RicanS4's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #2  
    *update* Sprint Tech Support hasn't ever heard of this issue and can't assist.
  3. #3  
    I know this sounds completely stupid, but for sake of elimination, your friend can receive text's and send text to other people right?

    also have you tried sending him a text using sprints online text application? See if it's a way to eliminate if it's the phone or something else?


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  4. RicanS4's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    I know this sounds completely stupid, but for sake of elimination, your friend can receive text's and send text to other people right?

    also have you tried sending him a text using sprints online text application? See if it's a way to eliminate if it's the phone or something else?

    She can send and receive to everyone else. My phone is now not allowing me to send to that specific #. I select it from the contacts and try to send and now it will not show the txt going out to that number at all. I'm not sure what's going on.

    I'm trying from the sprint Zipwhip site now. *she received the txt from the site so I guess it's my phone?
    Last edited by RicanS4; 04/10/2010 at 10:12 AM.
  5. #5  
    i found this on another webpage:

    "Did either one of you port your number from another carrier recently? I've seen problems like this on occasion & it was a problem with the previous carrier's database. Sometimes info on the number ported away fropm them is retained in their database somehow. It's either a system glitch or an error on the part of whomever processed the port out request. "


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  6. RicanS4's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i found this on another webpage:

    "Did either one of you port your number from another carrier recently? I've seen problems like this on occasion & it was a problem with the previous carrier's database. Sometimes info on the number ported away fropm them is retained in their database somehow. It's either a system glitch or an error on the part of whomever processed the port out request. "
    She didn't port her number but she did change her number yesterday morning.
    I was able to send her SMS and she could receive them until yesterday afternoon. I still can't receive any she sends and now I'm not able to send any to that #. Perhaps it's an issue on her side? She did receive the txt I sent from zipwhip though
  7. #7  
    hmmm.... that's bizzare, it works with zipwhip but now with your phone, only thing i could suggest is maybe try to doctor your phone? idk that is bizzare.


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  8. RicanS4's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #8  
    Yeah I'm completely lost on this one.. I haven't made any changes since yesterday so I'm not sure doctoring will do anything.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RicanS4 View Post
    She didn't port her number but she did change her number yesterday morning.
    I was able to send her SMS and she could receive them until yesterday afternoon. I still can't receive any she sends and now I'm not able to send any to that #. Perhaps it's an issue on her side? She did receive the txt I sent from zipwhip though
    According to what you just said, it seems like she needs to fix her side of the issue. I'm pretty positive that it would correspond with her changing her number.

    Try this with your number to if it works:
    SprintPCS 2Way SMS


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  10. #10  
    I and another precentral member have encountered the exact same problem!

    Unfortunately no solution was found if I remember correctly.

    My friend cannot receive or send sms to me. And only my number! She can send it to other people. She had a T-mobile no. which she ported over to Sprint. So like 05typesdc5 and Abyssul mention, it could be related to that.

    I would love to have a fix to this annoying problem!
  11. RicanS4's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    According to what you just said, it seems like she needs to fix her side of the issue. I'm pretty positive that it would correspond with her changing her number.

    Try this with your number to if it works:
    SprintPCS 2Way SMS
    That link seems to be dead.

    I'm the only person that can't send her SMS and can't receive the SMS she sends.
  12. RicanS4's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by skabeer View Post
    I and another member on this member have encountered the exact same problem!

    There was a post on this before, but unfortunately no solution was found if I remember correctly.

    My friend cannot receive or send sms to me. And only my number! She can send it to other people. She had a T-mobile no. which she ported over to Sprint. So like 05typesdc5 and Abyssul mention, it could be related to that.

    I would love to have a fix to this annoying problem!
    I'll have her call T-mobile and see what they say.

    I do know I'm the only one she's having this issue with. All other SMS work just fine on her side and on mine.
  13. RicanS4's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
       #13  
    *update* After countless calls to Sprint and T-Mobile they finally said sorry, nothing we can do. I reluctantly doctored my Pre and the problem is now fixed.. I'm not sure what the hell happened but it happened w/o me making any changes to the phone. Hopefully this helps the others out that are having this same problem.

Posting Permissions