Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm currently with T-mobile. My contract will end April 29th. Should I sign up with Sprint for the Pre or Verizon for the Pre Plus? The Plus can be purchased cheaper and has mobile hotspot, but Sprint has more affordable family data plans. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I wouldn't even think about paying for a vorizon plan as long as sprint stays so far below them on price. I live in OKC and am happy with the money that I spend on sprint and the service that I get.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have Sprint because it is paid for through work, and the original Pre..

The orginal pre is great and sprint service is adequate but it does have several deadspots around my area..people i know with verizon and Att&t do not have as many issues..

I would go with the Pre+..Better service, better phone(very similar but more ram), and a bonus mobile hotspot. If I was paying for it my self Pre+ and verizon would clearly be worth a little extra money a month on rates
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'd go Sprint Pre and save $$$$. With the overclocked Kernel on 1.4.1, no more too many cards errors and very smooth OS.
    I would pick more based on the carrier since the phones are so alike.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    You want to check out the pricing for your situation. Sprint seems to be cheaper for most folks , but for me on a family plan Verizon was actually cheaper. So, figure out how much each will cost with the features and minutes you actually need.

I recently switched from Sprint (Pre) to Verizon (Pixi Plus) and all things being equal I would go with Verizon for better coverage, less static and free (fully supported) WIFI Hotspot. And I would definitely take the Pre Plus over the Pre.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Remember that AT&T is coming out with the Pre Plus as well! Save a little bit of cash compared to Verizon's cost structure and AT&T's network coverage is excellent. If you want to wait, go with AT&T's Pre Plus. If you want to save a bucket of money over a 2 year contract, go with a Pre on Sprint. Plus, I'm sure the Pre Plus is making it's way to Sprint soon enough anyways whenever it makes the full circle.
    Neither. If possible, (and if you're really want WebOS that bad) get a prepaid until the next WebOS gets released. The Pre is a horrible piece of hardware, and apparently the free Mobile Hotspot bit is only temporary, something about it only being 60 days. As long as the Pre is a terrible piece of hardware I honestly couldn't recommend it. Since there are no rumours yet I'd stick with Android for now. Their marketplace is growing fast, and it beats WebOS' 2000 mostly useless apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    Neither. If possible, (and if you're really want WebOS that bad) get a prepaid until the next WebOS gets released. The Pre is a horrible piece of hardware, and apparently the free Mobile Hotspot bit is only temporary, something about it only being 60 days. As long as the Pre is a terrible piece of hardware I honestly couldn't recommend it. Since there are no rumours yet I'd stick with Android for now. Their marketplace is growing fast, and it beats WebOS' 2000 mostly useless apps.
    Get out! The Pre is a fine piece of hardware. Look at the percentage of people with launch day Pres! The percentage of people with perfectly good Pres vastly outweighs the mouthy complainers! This forum is fool of naysayers and doom and gloom Palm haters who can't be content with their own phones.

Don't dare bash this beautiful mobile OS and pass it up for something as ugly and disgusting as Android.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    The Pre+ is a better phone but you have to believe Sprint will get thenext Pre (Pre2?) before Verizon or ATT do. I Given Palm's finances though they may have to drop Sprint as the preferred vendor with and give the next gen Pre t a bigger carrier. I would try to hold off and wait to see what Palm do. If you can't then go with Sprint - they at least give you Premier status so you can get a new phone on the cheap a lot earlier into your contract.
    In my opinion, Sprint would be your best choice as the plans are far better priced and include feaures that require extra add-ons on Verizon (Sprint navigation, Sprint TV, etc.) Since the phones are so similar, I would go with Sprint. Maybe it's time to turn over a new leaf and switch to Sprint, and get your Palm Pre, my friend. And welcome to the forum! =)

By the way, check out the new, completely worry-free guarantee called Sprint Free Guarantee: www.sprint.com/guarantee that way you an try the service for 30-days completely risk-free. The other carriers stick you with restocking fees and charge you for the month of service +tax on top of it.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 04/09/2010 at 11:32 PM.
    sprint all the way man, the only plan that will allow you to take advantage of what your phone can do with out being raped
    sprint all the way, full upgrade eligability after only 12months. Verizon is 24months. Verizons early termination fee is a ludacris $350. Sprint also has free for 30 days if your not satisfied. Sprint roams on verizon and alltel, so coverage is not much different from what I've noticed. Been with sprint over 10+ yrs and have had various carriers through work cells. I'm sticking with sprint, and I recommend it.
    Choose what will first give you the best coverage where you live. A phone with poor reception isn't a bargain. I chose Verizon over Sprint because I get better reception at my home. Secondly, I get an 18% employee discount with Verizon through work.
    even so, cant you just call sprint up and tell them you have poor signal in your house, and rumors are they send you an air-wave for free, an will waive the monthly access
    Two considerations:

1. The Pre+ has corrected the hardware issues that plagued the Pre, though it came with one or two of its own. Still its a great phone overall.
    2. Find out how the coverage quality is in your area for each of the services. A phone isn't much good if it can't reach a cell tower. Thats why I am with Verizon. In my area, Sprint is a couple steps above useless. But YMMV.

Meanwhile no need to be in a rush. Won't TMobile let you go month to month for awhile after the contract ends?
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Don't dare bash this beautiful mobile OS and pass it up for something as ugly and disgusting as Android.
    I wasn't bashing the OS, I'm bashing the hardware. And even if there is a chance that the solid hardware outnumbers the not so solid hardware, it's still outrageous that a company let that many bad pieces of hardware pass their standards tests. And it's childish calling Android ugly and disgusting. Don't get me wrong, I love the potential that WebOS has, but there are some design elements of it that are sub-par and "ugly". I just don't think it's fair to recommend the Pre or Pre plus at its current state. I would honestly wait until the successor is released. And Android isn't even disgusting nor is it ugly, there are aspects of it that are better than WebOS like the widgets.
    ^ The OP wants a Pre or Pre Plus. He wants help deciding which to choose, and we are helping him decide. If you don't like the Palm Pre phones, why are you on Pre Central?
    The big difference (besides price) is memory. If 8 gigs is enough, then that's a point for Sprint. If you have lots of music and 8 gigs won't hold it, then the point goes to VZW.

If you plan on doing any 3D gaming (and I do mean *any*) then the Pre Plus is a must. If gaming isn't a big concern then the Sprint Pre should do fine. It's speedy enough for regular use.

For myself, I would love love LOVE it if Sprint got a Pre Plus (or something better). I just think it's a joke that I have to reboot the phone in order to play a 3D game when I don't even have any cards open. But since I'm not a big mobile gamer I'm willing and able to overlook that.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    *cough* evo *cough*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast