Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justwright View Post
    This may seem stupid but, if you are having GPS problems - try the following:
    1. Turn off "Google Locations Services" (so that just GPS is on)
    2. Turn on the Wi-Fi radio - even if you are out of range of any Wi-Fi service.
    3. Open the Phone card and type ##477# to get your current location.

For some bizarre reason this works for me. If I turn off Wi-Fi my GPS stops working.
    I have a VZW Pre + and this worked great for me. GPS accurate to within 20 feet or so.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thank you.
    Thanks for posting this -- it worked like a charm. The key was turning off the two GPS toggles in that "hidden" menu. I wasn't aware those toggles were there. The only menu I had been playing with before was that main set of options when you open the GPS services card.
    I'm using GPS fix to wake the GPS chip, as I already had that installed. I'm so happy now to have accuracy within 100 feet, much better than the 3,000 meter accuracy I had before. It's awesome.
    Yippee!!!! 4 hours of tech support- Verizon and Palm and escalated to level 2 and online chat....... and you guys fixed my GPS problem- thank you! Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Wow this thread is great. I have been noticing gps accuracy problems while trying to geocache. Now I have a few tricks to try. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Just a point of interest... I have a new Pre Plus running stock speed, and a used one as a backup running at 1 ghz. I am not noticing any difference in GPS response between the 2 Pre's. These are in the exact same location, both have Wifi access but are running different cpu speeds.
    I may be able to test and compare different settings if it would help.
    This works thanks you so much> i been praying for a solution.
    try doing it a couple times. it took me twice to do it but it worked
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Wheres the download link for trapster?
    Quote Originally Posted by yroc1234 View Post
    Wheres the download link for trapster?
    it is in the ap catalog
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by SabrinaD View Post
    Yippee!!!! 4 hours of tech support- Verizon and Palm and escalated to level 2 and online chat....... and you guys fixed my GPS problem- thank you! Thank you!!
    I didn't spend 4 hours with tech support... but have ignored the problem because I hate tech support. Thank you, Google, for finding me this thread! Now I can check in via Foursquare because my GPS works
    Wow, what's this about?
    Thread from 2010 about a lost cause...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123