Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today a radioshack MANAGER was having a discussion with a customer about iphone 4GS and how it was going to have complete multitasking. I stepped in and mentioned how it's "multitasking" was no where near the ability of webos and he agreed. I was like awesome so he should know what he's talking about! Wrong. He went on to say that on web os you can't do anything while a 3D game is running so I called their store standing there with nfs paused in the background. Then volunteered to send him a text while on a phone call surfing the web via wifi. I got asked to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Today a radioshack MANAGER was having a discussion with a customer about iphone 4GS and how it was going to have complete multitasking. I stepped in and mentioned how it's "multitasking" was no where near the ability of webos and he agreed. I was like awesome so he should know what he's talking about! Wrong. He went on to say that on web os you can't do anything while a 3D game is running so I called their store standing there with nfs paused in the background. Then volunteered to send him a text while on a phone call surfing the web via wifi. I got asked to leave.
    Awesome!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    ROFL Now THAT's commitment!
    Palm should make this a commercial lol

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    haha that's funny, did the customer change their mind?
    fortunately, not of us are that stupid =P. I will agree that some reps, even managers, dont know the full capabilities other than what they train us on; and its a complete and utter shame. But good job!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    title should read Webos 1, Palm 0.
    employees are not to blame. They aren't trained on iphone any more than anything else. Palm just hasn't put a lot of info out for anyone to learn from. Not to mention no hype. Fingers crossed for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    title should read Webos 1, Palm 0.
    employees are not to blame. They aren't trained on iphone any more than anything else. Palm just hasn't put a lot of info out for anyone to learn from. Not to mention no hype. Fingers crossed for the future.
    I don`t see why it should read webOS 1, Palm 0, he`s basically saying people try to make the iPhone OS all mighty compared to webOS, when iPhone can`t even multi-task like us.
    Really? I think its pretty nervy to **** in on someones conversation then make yourself look like an a*s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerotide View Post
    Really? I think its pretty nervy to **** in on someones conversation then make yourself look like an a*s.
    Actually, I find it nice to inform the customer that the reps don`t really know crap.
    Palm webOS: "There`s a Patch for that"
    Sounds to me like it was an ill-informed sales pitch more than a conversation, of course, when I go to "Radio Shack" for actual radio equipment, they don't know too much about that, either. Then they try to upsell me on a cell phone...

Prior to release I actually asked them to call me when they had the Pre (Sprint.) it was nearly a month or so after release.

I won't enter a radio shack without knowing the catalog number of the equipment I want. On cell phones, they'll only want to sell you the service plan with the highest margin for them, not the best product you would want, that might result in trust, and a return customer.

I wouldn't have the first twinge of guilt for setting them straight.
    bunch of iphone hater palm kool aid drinkers
    I agree!!! OP must be a webos KOOL aid Drinker
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I just recently quit Radioshack. I used to be called from all over Arizona with Palm questions, I actually would go to Engadget, PreCentral, and Gizmodo to learn about new technology. I quit because I could not stand any longer being told "if you don't hit your sales then you are fired". They didn't care that I had a huge customer base because I would go out of my way with customers (especially when it came to WebOS devices) to help them. When I quit my old store lost 20+ loyal customers because when they found out I left, they had no more reason to go. Trust me people, don't go to Radioshack. They don't care about customer service (at least not the upper management), so all they are left with is pushy sales reps and high prices.
    This is yet another example of why the palm/WebOs community is the best around....Nice work

P.S - Is it just me, or does it feel like sometimes we should get paid for the efforts we go to, in order to showcase our WebOS. I love being in a situation where i can prove people wrong who are trying to put down palm...

and yes , this would we a awesome commerical if done correct..
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    I agree!!! OP must be a webos KOOL aid Drinker
    So he supported his OS of choice when he saw someone talking about it without knowing what they were saying.

Why are you here? Something tells me you came from an iPhone site like all the fanb0ys did yesterday. Why is it that Apple fans seem to spend more time on competitors forums than their own? It's not the iPhone OS you're insecure about b/c it's very very impressive. I guess it must be your desperate need to validate yourself and your tiny little mind!
    How did he make himself look like an ***? Lets say YOU were the customer, wouldnt YOU want to know what else is out there, and not just what the rep who is helping wants to tell you about?? Anyway, We got enough of these apple and droid pushers out there...Its nice to hear that sometimes they have to put there foot in there own mouths....

Nice work OP..
    I demo'd NFSU to some PDA die-hards and they were amazed to see how it handles incoming calls. WebOS notifications are awesome.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    1) Right or wrong, it's rude to interrupt someones conversation. Their Sprint rep should have seen to it they are 100% trained.

2) GMsols, if you had such a large customer base how come you couldn't make your sales quota?

3) Apple make sure retailers have access to very specialized training. Overall, they do a better job employees are trained well.
    So you're comparing Apple employess trained by Apple to sell Apple products to Sprint employees trained by powerpoint slides to sell high margin phones/plans? That makes sense in your mind?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast