Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    LOL I wish I could of saw his face ..
    no, Apple certified people had specialized training meetings just to train Radioshack employees and staff.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    "GMsols, if you had such a large customer base how come you couldn't make your sales quota?"

I did, that is the thing. I just got fed up with being told constantly that if for some reason I didn't I would be fired. I know it was a business but I was there to help people, not sell them ***** they didn't need. Sorry if I am (work for sprint now) a honest salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsols View Post
    "GMsols, if you had such a large customer base how come you couldn't make your sales quota?"

I did, that is the thing. I just got fed up with being told constantly that if for some reason I didn't I would be fired. I know it was a business but I was there to help people, not sell them ***** they didn't need. Sorry if I am (work for sprint now) a honest salesman
    Don't worry about the Apple fa n b oys. I thought that they had lost interest lately, but they must be feeling threatened again.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Don't worry about the Apple fa n b oys. I thought that they had lost interest lately, but they must be feeling threatened again.
    Sure they are...they just put out that piece of junk Ipad that can't mutitask! You should have heard the salesman at our local Best Buy trying to pitch it. He said to the customer I was standing next to, "Well, it doesn't really multi task, but they won't have another model out for a year". Okay, so let me get this straight....I should buy this piece because it's the best they could do this year...so if I want one, like everyone else in the free world, I just need to forget about it's deficiencies and pay the man 'cuz it's an Ipad, OMG, and it'll be at least a year before we see a better Ipad! I don't think so...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerotide View Post
    Really? I think its pretty nervy to **** in on someones conversation then make yourself look like an a*s.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    1) Right or wrong, it's rude to interrupt someones conversation.
    He might have possibly gone about it in a non-optimal way, or too excitedly, but he was absolutely in the right with his intent.

This was not a pleasant, casual conversation between friends; it was a transaction, a barter, a trade. The customer was putting his faith into the salesman to assume a knowledgeable and honest posture with regards to the potential sale. If you are presented with this situation and have information that shows his actions may be otherwise, you step in and correct the mistake in a polite manner so as to prevent anyone from being misled or exploited.

Imagine this example: If you walk into best buy and overhear an employee telling a customer purchasing a TV that only the $100 Monster brand HDMI cables at the end of the isle will work correctly with his purchase, do you carry on as if you had not heard so as not to be rude? One would hope not.
    Last edited by Sayo; 04/10/2010 at 12:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I used to work in wireless sales for best buy for years and I can tell you that reps and employees don't always know everything about every piece of hardware or technology that is available. Many people would only sell or recommend products they were comfortable with and managers would always try to push the higher margin phones. Honestly unless the employees actually were into the technology and researched it on their own time then they are more than likely just repeating the little things they have picked up from basic training.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miracLe View Post
    Actually, I find it nice to inform the customer that the reps don`t really know crap.
    Thhis.
    (yes double type from phone)
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraw23 View Post
    I used to work in wireless sales for best buy for years and I can tell you that reps and employees don't always know everything about every piece of hardware or technology that is available. Many people would only sell or recommend products they were comfortable with and managers would always try to push the higher margin phones. Honestly unless the employees actually were into the technology and researched it on their own time then they are more than likely just repeating the little things they have picked up from basic training.
    Very well put.

There are so many products available--and revised or phased out so often--that these salesmen are likely to push what they know or what they personally own over something relatively unfamiliar. Of course, alternatively they may simply be misleading in attempt to push the sale of a high margin device.

However, this ambiguity is exactly why you should attempt to be polite and non-confrontational when offering differing information from that which is given; there may be no harmful intent on the part of the potentially misinformed employee, but if he feels that you are knowingly making a fool out of him in front of a customer, all bets are off.
    Last edited by Sayo; 04/10/2010 at 04:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
    Very well put.

There are so many products available--and revised or phased out so often--that these salesmen are likely to push what they know or what they personally own over something relatively unfamiliar. Of course, alternatively they may simply be misleading in attempt to push the sale of a high margin device.

However, this ambiguity is exactly why you should attempt to be polite and non-confrontational when offering differing information from that which is given; there may be no harmful intent on the part of the potentially misinformed employee, but if he feels that you are knowingly making a fool out of him in front of a customer, all bets are off.
    I agree with this. I just felt if tthe salesperson asked him to leave, this probably didn't happen.
    iPhones are new to Radioshack so I am sure they are being told to push them. P
    Interesting thread, and chain of events.

I have been in stores where the salesperson was talking to a customer and providing what I knew was wrong information, several times in my life.

I have handled it in various ways:

1. If it appeared that the sales rep was trying to deliberately push the device, or technology, I backed off, and said nothing inside the store. This was his/her place of business, and they are just trying to make a sale using thier "expressing their opinion" technique, and I felt that it would be rude to interrupt that effort, as this was their livelihood.
    2. If the salesperson was trying to help the customer find something and answering questions incorrectly, becuase he/she really didn't know any better, I did interject, politely, by saying "I have that device right here, and this is how that is handled". That was usually recieved very well.
    3. If the sales people were just discussing some stuff amngst themselves, and I had information that was supplemental and informative, I politely, again, would interject, but, with a leading question, so as not to be offensive. I'd then "Lead" them to the right information.

Radio Shack used to be full of nerds.. Kinda the first "Egghead Software" stores, if you all might remember them. Back then, those guys/gals were always right.. they worked there because their lives were buit all around the stuff they sold, from CB radios to telephone parts to stereo equipment.

Nowadays, they are more often than not, just salespeople, who are "trained" to sell, and THEN "educated" to provide information to the customers, as a second priority. I don't put a whole lot of faith in thier informative capabilities any more, however, they ARE really good when I need a special battery or device.. they know their stock REALLY well!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

It's very difficult to sell fifty or so different phones that do different things on top of everything else the store offers. Should they redo their training, look things up? Yes. Is it bad for him to not know what he's selling, as a manager? Also yes.

But well, considering my Pre gets the TMC when I want to play Glider and text at the same time, there ARE issues with the 3D games. We all know that.

Also, tone is important. If I was working with a customer and another one corrected me in passing, sure, okay. But if they rudely interrupted me, going on and on, then yes. I would ask them to leave. I can see why the manager would be annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    bunch of Palm hater apple kool aid drinkers
    I couldn't agree with you more -- people blindly following an os because they are told that it is cool even though it is extremely lacking in some areas -- areas that matter to me

rob
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more -- people blindly following an os because they are told that it is cool even though it is extremely lacking in some areas -- areas that matter to me

rob
    Who is "blind" here, the people who own a device and enjoy using it or the iphone owner who buys the phone because he doesn't want to be the only guy on his street without one? If anyone is drinking kool-aid, it's iphone users.

And I know I'm contradicting myself here, but whay the hell are we fighting about this?! You have an iphone, I have a Pre, he has an HTC, she has a Samsung... who cares? Are you happy with your iphone? Terrific!! I love my Pre like crazy. We're both happy with the choices we've made. Can we just leave it at that and talk about something else? Please???
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Who is "blind" here, the people who own a device and enjoy using it or the iphone owner who buys the phone because he doesn't want to be the only guy on his street without one? If anyone is drinking kool-aid, it's iphone users.

And I know I'm contradicting myself here, but whay the hell are we fighting about this?! You have an iphone, I have a Pre, he has an HTC, she has a Samsung... who cares? Are you happy with your iphone? Terrific!! I love my Pre like crazy. We're both happy with the choices we've made. Can we just leave it at that and talk about something else? Please???
    read the quote in my post
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    read the quote in my post
    Oh yeah, good call.

So my comment was misdirected there (my bad) but the comment is still true. I'm just tired of the "cell phone wars" here. Why is it a competition for anyone other than the companies themselves? People argue about the dumbest things.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Today a radioshack MANAGER was having a discussion with a customer about iphone 4GS and how it was going to have complete multitasking. I stepped in and mentioned how it's "multitasking" was no where near the ability of webos and he agreed. I was like awesome so he should know what he's talking about! Wrong. He went on to say that on web os you can't do anything while a 3D game is running so I called their store standing there with nfs paused in the background. Then volunteered to send him a text while on a phone call surfing the web via wifi. I got asked to leave.
    Thanks for sticking up for WebOS.
    So many of my friends say the new iPhone is so ool because it can multitask then I whip out my PP+ and show them what multitasking really is.
    i seen a post on another forum that said Verizon store reps get money taken out of their check if a phone they sold comes back. and that's the reason why they don't push palm pres. so it doesn't surprise me that they would know it has a better OS but the hardware sucks. the Verizon+pre partner sucks for palm big time.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    ya i agree - it is silly thing to argue about. I am just sick of people saying how this is better or that is better and having them be un-informed. I will give you an example -- i have been using various mp3 players for years and mant of them do many things better than an ipod -- i find anything apple does to be restrictive. My 14 year old son has fallen in with the herd (just slightly better than falling in with drug dealers in my book) there are many things that my phone can do that an i phone cannot do -- two nights ago we were talking about the fact that they are going to have multitasking on the i phone and i showed him multi tasking on my pre -- it was the first time in a year that he said to me - wow that is cool -- instead of looking at me like i am an *****. -- I wish that more people could see what a great system webos is and am sick of how loud people are talking about the i phone. i wish that we had the periphials and the ad campaign to back up the phone so that it could be at least truly competeing with the i-phone -- i know this is off topic and i will stop now but one thing i trully wish is that the shills who sold these phones were selling them based on good information so that the people that are shopping for phones are gettign the one that best suits the purchaser. I can't stand when any sales person is un-schooled about the product they are selling

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    i seen a post on another forum that said Verizon store reps get money taken out of their check if a phone they sold comes back. and that's the reason why they don't push palm pres. so it doesn't surprise me that they would know it has a better OS but the hardware sucks. the Verizon+pre partner sucks for palm big time.
    proof -? i don't believe this -- any back up?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast