Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Every now nd again my Pre will not connect to my WEP secured WAP. If I reset the pre it usually works again. Resetting the WAP sometimes also allows reconnection. That said, the Pre connects probably 90% of the time and is used with numerous WFIF access points including home, work, college campus, and restaurant wifi points.

When the failure occurs, I usually get the 'IP configuration failed' message... Like I said, a pre reset usually fixes this.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  2.    #22  
    Update: I tried a bunch of stuff, but the Quick test showed that it was an error 25 (wifi error).

I got online and chatted with someone at Palm HQ, and they told me that it was not an error with my wife's Pre, but with the router. That does not surprise me, b/c my DSL modem/router has always given me problems. I'm having a new one shipped to me from verizon. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  3. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Update: I tried a bunch of stuff, but the Quick test showed that it was an error 25 (wifi error).

I got online and chatted with someone at Palm HQ, and they told me that it was not an error with my wife's Pre, but with the router. That does not surprise me, b/c my DSL modem/router has always given me problems. I'm having a new one shipped to me from verizon. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.
    That's BS.

My wife's Pre gets error 25 wifi and won't connect or even see my router if it's more than three feet from the antenna. But MY Pre connects just fine to the SAME FRIGGIN ROUTER. There is no problem with my router.

xtn
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12