1.    #1  
    OK, so maybe that's a catchy name for it, but how come we don't have one yet?

For the dev-types out there, how involved would this be as a project? Anybody got an estimate?

russ
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I would love a remote desktop app on my pre. One of the things I really miss from my nokia n810 was the rDesktop port. Now that any linux app can be run on the phone, I guess rdesktop could be run like that, however I think a native app using the pdk would be more useful.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    me too.
    Really need this, had it on my treo and centro, and could really use it again!
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    I'd love real RDP on my pre, but it doesn't do me any real good until I can have VPN also.
    +1. RDPre would be great
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Me too. I would pay some serious $$$ for a good RDP, VPN program.
    As a consolation, you can run MobileTS through the Classic app. I have not been able to verify if Mergic VPN works through Classic though.
    Well since X now runs on the Pre, someone can surely port rdesktop over.

Usability would be an issue though.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Honestly your best ave for effort is either going to be logmein or a vnc port once the PDK is out in force.

I use Logmein, and there is a apple iphone logmein application that could be ported to the pre using the PDK. Logmein makes the application. With enough support maybe they could port it to the pre easily.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    maybe someone can help the developer with this project. it is a javascript/html vnc client

viewncontrol - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I would definitely like an app like this as well!

Though I think the name would be better as RDPre
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well since X now runs on the Pre, someone can surely port rdesktop over.

Usability would be an issue though.
    I used to run rdesktop at 800 × 480 on a 4 inch screen, and it was completely usable. I think for the pre, running at around that resolution, but zoomed out, would work great as long as pinch to zoom was enabled. hopefully we see a port of rdesktop soon!

also, I know vnc is nice and all, but it is not rdp. not only are most people here asking about vpn/rdp because of business use (where vnc is not an option) but rdp is simply better than vnc in almost every aspect.

I really hope that the existence of a vnc client doesn't halt the development of an rdp client.