1.    #1  
    I am so disappointed in the fact I am about to get my 3rd pre. The 1st one received release day was broke by an update .. even sprint and the webDR could not fix the apps not working .. so I let them send me a "new" one.

Out of the box there are apps on the replacement do not work either. I called sprint, I took the phone to the store, and they again could not make apps work (messaging being the most important!) but I was willing to let it go until the next update and see what happened.

Now Ive barely had it 3 weeks and the screen started to crack from the USB port up and across the screen Sprint tells me they are not allowed to replace the phone for that specific damage ( explain to me how they have so many complaints on this that they have a specific email that says they cant replace for this issue, and yet tell me its not a manufacture defect)

I was absolutely infuriated with sprint that they refused to replace the phone and wanted me to pay assurion 100.00 for another refurb PRE ... I told them id rather pay the cancel fee on the account than pay 100.00 for a phone that will probably have the same issues the 1st 2 phones had ... no thank you.

then funny, while I was at Verizon pricing out new phones and plans yesterday, sprint happened to call me .. wanting to know if my issues had been resolved (after 3 phone calls and a trip to the store ) - When I said no, and that as a 9 yr customer I was so upset with the lack of assistance, that i was going to be porting my numbers out .. they were suddenly able to make a resolution for me.

They still refused to replace the phone for defect ( which I still do not understand!!!!) but they did credit my account 100.00 if I agreed to order the replacement through the insurance and not cancel my service.

it was not the best solution, i think sprint and palm both need held accountable for this cracking issue ... but i am happy that I do not have to switch to verizon .. i happen to like my service and my plan .. i just hate this phone and customer service.
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    i understand that pre doesn't have a great build quiality but other than that,

what are you complaining about, you got a free replacement? problem w/ you is you don't see the bright side in things. like a pesimist if you will.

I have an asurion phone and i can tell you first hand, it's not some returned pre that was scratched up and used up, idk if they were before, but now they completely rebuild the phone, giving it a new exterior and new sliders. nothing wrong w/ them infact better than the original one i bought.

and you got it for free, i had to pay $100

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  3.    #3  
    Im not complaining and ive yet to see a bright side .. the tunnel must be very long. Im hoping 3s a charm

im frustrated and do no think I should have had to use my insurance, whether sprint gave me a credit or not - which is a rip off really in the end if you have to pay 100.00 for a replacement - it was under warranty still, and since June paying 7.00 a month for insurance, and if I had to pay the 100.00 - thats 177.00 - I could have just bought a phone I liked instead of being stuck with a PRE that might not work - a refurb is a refurb whether it comes from sprint or assurion .. there is no GTD this refurb will be "better" than the last one .. but my fingers are crossed!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    They still refused to replace the phone for defect ( which I still do not understand!!!!) but they did credit my account 100.00 if I agreed to order the replacement through the insurance and not cancel my service.
    Incidentally, don't hesitate to let Asurion know if your refurb isn't up to snuff. I received a refurb from them after I dropped my launch-day Pre (which was perfect) into a cup of green tea, and it was one of the first lots (built in July '09, as far as I could tell). It had the non-clicky space bar problem and too-low volume, and so I gave Asurion a call.

Long story short, without any arguments, they agreed to send me a new Pre to replace the refurb. I got the full retail kit, and the Pre was built in 2/10. It's absolutely perfect, at least as far as I can tell. So the moral of the story is that once you've engaged Asurion, you're now dealing with them and no Sprint as far as replacements go. And, I found them to be efficient and fair.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The refurb that I got from Assurion is infinitely better than the two refurbs that I got from Sprint. In my oppinion it was worth the $100 just to have a solid one (Mine was stollen).